Customer Service Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service Hell

I don't know what I would do if I had to put up with this crap, thank god I never had AOL. If I want to cancel my account, just cancel it.

http://www.break.com/index/aolhell.html

Originally posted by homestar
    I don't know what I would do if I had to put up with this crap, thank god I never had AOL. If I want to cancel my account, just cancel it.

http://www.break.com/index/aolhell.html
    That was pretty bad, but not that bad.

I mean, if you haven't faced a situation like that, I think you're in the minority nowadays.

And, yes, AOL should be on your blacklist of companies not worth dealing with.

Unfortunately, it seems that in some businesses, there aren't any companies to not blacklist.

And, I've just recently found out that I should add Xcel energy to my blacklist, so I've just purchased a whole bunch of hamsters.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

LOL

"I don't know how to say this any clearer, Cancel.........The.........Account"

I had a guy like this when I had to cancel my Direct Tv.

Hey Homestar, this sounds like something Dane Cook would have a bit on eh?

Comment

I'd be so friggen pissed by the end of that call!
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

*&%$ AOL!!!!

I could go on all day (and night) about friggen AOL...

As everyone has done once or twice, I had one of those "XXXXX Hours Free" promotions.

I call to cancel... "Oh, well how about we give you "XX" hours more, to continue evaluating... blah, blah, blah."

No, problem, I'll take that, it is after all FREE.

Having had to sign up for the account with a Credit Card, they have my info (1st mistake). 6 months has passed, me loving having free internet for the last 6 months. It's nearly time for the trial to run out completely, I have been advised no more extensions.

I get a statement from my CC and there is a $500 bill that has been paid to AOL... WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!

I call them IMMEDIATELY!

The proceed to tell me that I have changed my account preferences (which I never once touched, whether via internet or on my computer). The pee-on that answered INSISTED that I had changed my account from "Free for 6 Months" to a 10 hour a month plan (at which point in my life I was online 12+ hours a day), incurring OBSCENE penalties for going over my limit, in the way of $10-$20 PER DAY!!!!

I asked them... "Why on earth would a human with ANY sense change from unlimited free hours, to 10 hours a day and continue the same usage patterns?!?!?!?!"

Their reply? "I don't know, you're right it makes absolutely no sense, but you still did it!"

I talked to them politely, and then it got ugly, eventually with a manager cussing at me, telling me it's too late I had already been charged... deal with it!!!

That was until I filed a dispute with my CC that is....

AOL are nothing but a bunching of thieving, lying bastards.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
            LOL

"I don't know how to say this any clearer, Cancel.........The.........Account"

I had a guy like this when I had to cancel my Direct Tv.

Hey Homestar, this sounds like something Dane Cook would have a bit on eh?

Yeah it def. does sound like something he would use. I think I am in the minority when it comes to having to deal with these types of people, guess I just get lucky.

Comment

half way through that conversation I would have asked for a manager. If i couldnt get anywhere with the manager I would threaten them with contacting the better business bereau about their administration hassling me....

its their job to discourage a cancellation but stuff like that is taking it too far
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
              X