Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
    I'm sorry WhoDey. Next time I'll crack open some of my mondo-tubular luck.
    AO, no worries. I think that the luck thing might have kicked in. At least I knew well enough not to try and push for a face to face interview.

When we concluded our conversation, I made it clear to him that I wasn't interested in this position, but I asked him to forward my resume to other people in his company. The company I applied to has several divisions, and one might have the job I want with the right manager.

It's too bad, though. These products are sweet.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      This wasn't the one, guys.

The recruiter that I spoke with had me under the impression that this was an account exec position. The guy I talked to was trying to find an inside sales representative. The pay would have been less than I was making now, the job would have been just as if not more boring, and if I was working for him, I can tell we would have clashed.

Not a good fit at all.

Thankfully, there are other fish in the sea. My sister told me about a great job with a higher end market research firm (they're looking for project managers and moderators), and I'm looking at Clear Channel for an ad sales position.

I'm still pissed that I wasted more than 5 minutes talking to that guy.

Clear Channel?

Well, I don't like their corporate structure, but if you need any help with understanding the radio industry, or want some ideas for commercial campaigns/scripts, let me know.

It's what I do, man.

WEBN is one of America's GREAT rock stations.

Too bad about that ticket pricing scandal though. There might be some truth to that. They should settle out of court.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
        AO, no worries. I think that the luck thing might have kicked in. At least I knew well enough not to try and push for a face to face interview.

When we concluded our conversation, I made it clear to him that I wasn't interested in this position, but I asked him to forward my resume to other people in his company. The company I applied to has several divisions, and one might have the job I want with the right manager.

It's too bad, though. These products are sweet.
        You'll find something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
          Clear Channel?

Well, I don't like their corporate structure, but if you need any help with understanding the radio industry, or want some ideas for commercial campaigns/scripts, let me know.

It's what I do, man.

WEBN is one of America's GREAT rock stations.

Too bad about that ticket pricing scandal though. There might be some truth to that. They should settle out of court.
          Thanks for the offer... I might just take you up on it.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

WhoDey....Keep your chin up. As long as your out there looking and trying to better yourself, something good will come of it. Wishing you all the best!
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

hmm...there always seems to be an opening for an ad exec with Salem Radio group here in Louisville. But then that would mean you'd have to convert to being a Cards fan!
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                hmm...there always seems to be an opening for an ad exec with Salem Radio group here in Louisville. But then that would mean you'd have to convert to being a Cards fan!
                Oh REALLY now?

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                X