Something just doesn't fit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something just doesn't fit...

Last night I went to the store over the bridge and had to write a check because I didn't have my debit card on me. It took them 15 minutes to clear me because my name on my DL does not match the checks (I'll post why maybe some other time...everyone makes mistakes). I was mad. To make matters worse, the alarm went off at the door cuz I bought a cd and it didn't get "de-magnetized".

I happened to be on the phone at the time and I got hit out of the blue......

I think my life is screwed-up.
    I promptly hung up the phone and sat in my car for a few minutes.
    Just staring into space......

All my life, I have felt the need to "change things around".
    I never really stay in the same place for too long and don't like feeling tied down.
    I'm not sure if it's the musician in me or what, but it gets on my nerves. I have it good. I have great friends and family who love me....I have a good job with bosses that cater to my every whim. I have a band that even though I may never get a cd out of them or a website for that matter....we are the best gigging band out there right now & we rock. My bandmates cover my ass when it needs covering.

I'm healthy.....

But sometimes I get the feeling that things just don't fit .
    Somethings out of place, or missing for that matter.
    I can never put my finger on it. I makes me nuts at times.
    It causes me to drink at times. It even makes me run away at times.

Since I have moved to this area, I have really grown to love it here and I want this to be my home. I am making small attempts to put things in order....I have put my name on my roomie's lease, I'm going to fix my driver's license, I'm going to buckle down here at the job and do my thing......

But I'll be damned this feeling I get sometimes just won't leave me alone .
    Something, somehow....just does not fit. At times I think maybe I need medication for some head problem. I feel restless and caged and I have to escape.

Yet again I will be going on another gig out of town.
    It's almost a relief for me and I don't know why.
    I get so homesick when I'm away......

Is this called wonderlust?
    Just thought I would share.
    It's nice to share.

wanderlust

the desire break out from your routine, or possibly just take a trip for pleasure outside of the country? is that the feeling your getting?

From what it sounds like, there isnt enough excitement in your life (well at least for you)?

Until i know more, i can only say this , dont pick up heroine
    Blet

Comment

Realizing that something's not right in your life is a big thing.

Figuring out what that is and buckling down to fix it is big too.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Comment

I think most people feel this way from time to time. I know I do. The only thing that keeps me from moving off somewhere or making drastic changes is I wind up deploying somewhere, which fills the void for a while. Maybe when I feel like this the deployment is what i'm missing.

I hope you can figure it out and find what you're searching for Jewels.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Can't decide what to do with your life
          Just don't know what it is that's right
          Just don't know what to do
          Just don't know what's right for you

If you can't decide where to go with your life
          Just don't know where to spend your time
          If you can't decide what to do with your life
          I'm sure you'll do whatever's right
          You've always been incredibly bright

Get in your go-kart and go, little sister
          Get in your go

Get in your go

Get in your go

Now just swing your swift sword sister
          Swing your swift sword now...

...Morphine

RIP Mark Sandman

Figuring out the root cause is the key. Once you know what that is and address it, the rest falls into place.

If you think it's your environment, change it. If it's the people you're around, shuffle the deck. If you think it's in your head, then you gotta get your head right. I hope you figure it out. Remember, you've got a lot of people rooting for you, both here and elsewhere in life. Do right by yourself.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Jewels

I wish you luck in trying to find out where you want to be in life. You seem like a very well rounded individiual and will excel no matter what.

Keep plugging away because everything happens for a reason. You will be fine trust me.
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Jewels,

I think every one of us can relate to what you posted. I am sure that we have all felt the same at some point in our lives. I know that it happened to me. We all have something that is missing in our lives. Now that you realize it, you can start looking for the answer. Good luck.
              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                Last night I went to the store over the bridge and had to write a check because I didn't have my debit card on me. It took them 15 minutes to clear me because my name on my DL does not match the checks (I'll post why maybe some other time...everyone makes mistakes). I was mad. To make matters worse, the alarm went off at the door cuz I bought a cd and it didn't get "de-magnetized".

I never really stay in the same place for too long and don't like feeling tied down.
                I'm not sure if it's the musician in me or what, but it gets on my nerves. I have it good. I have great friends and family who love me....I have a good job with bosses that cater to my every whim. I have a band that even though I may never get a cd out of them or a website for that matter....we are the best gigging band out there right now & we rock. My bandmates cover my ass when it needs covering.

I'm healthy.....

Since I have moved to this area, I have really grown to love it here and I want this to be my home. I am making small attempts to put things in order....I have put my name on my roomie's lease, I'm going to fix my driver's license, I'm going to buckle down here at the job and do my thing......

Something, somehow....just does not fit. At times I think maybe I need medication for some head problem. I feel restless and caged and I have to escape.

It's nice to share.
                Whenever I feel sad or need to be pepped up. I just put on an old Bronco/ chief game, and by half-time I feel great. Sometimes I just watch the Chiefs play another team. I't kind of like watching Laurel and Hardy. Or the three Stooges. Watching the Chiefs make fools out of themselves is very satisfying and usually makes me smile for days. You should really try this....................Or, maybe you should read my book............" Get Behind me and Stay there". Soon to be in book stores accross the Country.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDiver
                  Whenever I feel sad or need to be pepped up. I just put on an old Bronco/ chief game, and by half-time I feel great. Sometimes I just watch the Chiefs play another team. I't kind of like watching Laurel and Hardy. Or the three Stooges. Watching the Chiefs make fools out of themselves is very satisfying and usually makes me smile for days. You should really try this....................Or, maybe you should read my book............" Get Behind me and Stay there". Soon to be in book stores accross the Country.
                  The John Elway's Greatest Comebacks Video has an entire segment on him beating the Chiefs. That is good to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by cswil
                    The John Elway's Greatest Comebacks Video has an entire segment on him beating the Chiefs. That is good to watch.
                    What is really great is when they show the fans, at Arrowhead stadium just before the kickoff...............they are sooooooooooo excited and actually think their team will win. Then later in the game the cameras will show close ups of fans and they look so sad. .................God, I just laugh my ass off. It's such a great feeling..................what a rush.

Comment

I'm healthy.....

It's nice to share.
                      Jewels, don't take this the wrong way but these would make excellent song lyrics!!

BTW, that feeling you feel is probably a void in your life that needs filling. I had that
                      feeling for years after my divorce, it's weird......

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDiver

IT'S ANOTHER HOOSIER!!!!

DUDE...I JUST NOTICED THAT!

You mind if I ask exactly what part of the state you live in?

Comment

IT'S ANOTHER HOOSIER!!!!

DUDE...I JUST NOTICED THAT!

You mind if I ask exactly what part of the state you live in?
                          He is in a half-way house for work release outside of Bloomington, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cswil
                            He is in a half-way house for work release outside of Bloomington, I think.

That's going to suck....
                            Being in Bloomington....

Near all those pesky IU fans...

BLEAHHH

Comment

That's going to suck....
                              Being in Bloomington....

Near all those pesky IU fans...

BLEAHHH
                              As opposed to being near all of those U of L fans?

Yuck.

Go Bearcats.
                              HEAR ME ROAR!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X