• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawgfan
    replied
    Originally posted by LawDog
    Here's another link to the story...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/15/D8I8Q3CO0.html

Note that the girl is now 18, but the guy who brought the appeal is 38!!!

And her mom consented to the marriage!!! What better way to get your little girl out of the double-wide than to get her hitched to some middle aged guy. Nice parenting lady.

Call it common law marriage if you want - I call it Statutory Rape. We have stat rape because it is assumed that a girl under 18 lacks the ability to consent to intercourse. Doesn't matter what the girl says, if a guy (generally 3 years older, or in a position of authority) has sex with her, he's guilty of stat rape.

Shameful...
    Yes that is bad.

But she is 18 now and according to the law of the land they can now marry. Now that is disgusting. I personally believe there should be limits on the age difference of people that marry. I would say the limit should be 15 years. Than an 18 year old can not marry a parson that is older than 33. But that is just my opinion. All the Anna Nicole Smith's of the world sicken me.

Leave a comment:

• LawDog
    replied
    Here's another link to the story...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/15/D8I8Q3CO0.html

Note that the girl is now 18, but the guy who brought the appeal is 38!!!

And her mom consented to the marriage!!! What better way to get your little girl out of the double-wide than to get her hitched to some middle aged guy. Nice parenting lady.

Call it common law marriage if you want - I call it Statutory Rape. We have stat rape because it is assumed that a girl under 18 lacks the ability to consent to intercourse. Doesn't matter what the girl says, if a guy (generally 3 years older, or in a position of authority) has sex with her, he's guilty of stat rape.

Shameful...

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator
    AZ,
    Shame on Colorado for having those laws.

That's awful. They can't even take up the issue again until next year when the legislatures get together again.

By that time, I see a few undisciplined children making this horrible decision.
    Weird because I bet on their books they say a girl 12 can't give consent to sex, but can have a common law marriage.

JWinn, WTM, and others in Colorado, watch out!
    Oh yeah. It is even more sad because a 12 year old isn't even a teenager. Preteen.

Leave a comment:

• Big Buck 1981
    replied
    Yeah, I don't get that one...guess you don't have to be smart to be a judge...just popular...though I can't see these folks winning any popularity contests anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    This is just sad.... sad....

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    AZ,
    Shame on Colorado for having those laws.

That's awful. They can't even take up the issue again until next year when the legislatures get together again.

By that time, I see a few undisciplined children making this horrible decision.
    Weird because I bet on their books they say a girl 12 can't give consent to sex, but can have a common law marriage.

JWinn, WTM, and others in Colorado, watch out!
    Last edited by Emancipator; 06-16-2006, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dawgfan
    replied
    These are common law marriages. Very different from actual marriages. Common law marriages involve the person living with the other person for a few years. If memory serves right I believe it is 3 years. So, say I am dating a person and we are living together and have been for 3 years then we are married by common law. Though we never actually went through a ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- A Colorado State Appeals Court ruled today that a 15 year old girl could enter into a common law marriage ---

--- The three-judge panel said that it could be legal for girls at 12 and boys at 14 under English common law, which Colorado recognizes ---

--- Fathers, gaurd your daughters !

--- And voters, change those laws !

--- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060615/.../teen_marriage

That's a freakin' disgrace if ever there was one........ is right...

Leave a comment:

• tpryce93
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- A Colorado State Appeals Court ruled today that a 15 year old girl could enter into a common law marriage ---

--- The three-judge panel said that it could be legal for girls at 12 and boys at 14 under English common law, which Colorado recognizes ---

---

marrying really young will be the worst mistake of your life. trust me i know from experience. actually i don't but still just trust me on this. even though i've never been married before. just trust me. i wonder how much longer this rambling will last. will it ever stop? I think not. actually it will eventually. and it stops....right.....about.....now.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    started a topic --- Colorado: Baby Teens Can Marry !!?

--- Colorado: Baby Teens Can Marry !!?

---

Working...
X