Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time you smiled when someone died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the last time you smiled when someone died?

Me?

Today.

We had a patient that has been suffering for years but the family was too attached to let them go. The patient was never going to recover. No miracles were going to happen here. Patient should have been dead years ago but no, we keep them on 5 machines and pump this poor bastard with more drugs than Keith Richards just so the family can cling on to a vegetable.

Well, if you have a situation like this in your family, do yourselves a favor and let them go. Vegetables feel pain too.

OK, your turn.

At some point, I have a joyful smile when I believe the person is going to heaven.

------------------------

TDK, sounds like you didn't want to see this guy suffer any longer.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

Zarqawi. Enough said.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Its never good when ANYONE dies.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
          Its never good when ANYONE dies.
          Really?

Hitler, Stalin, etc. etc.

You would have preferred these men were left in power?

What about the death penalty?

Jeffery Dahmer, countless others?

Code Of Conduct
          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Last night when I saw Patsy Ramsey died yesterday. However, I am pissed she didnt have to pay for killing her daughter.............

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
              Last night when I saw Patsy Ramsey died yesterday. However, I am pissed she didnt have to pay for killing her daughter.............
              That's exactly what I was thinking! I looked at my mom when I found out and said "Well, I guess they'll never find the killer." My mom got all mad because she doesn't think Patsy did it....but of course she did.
              ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                Really?

Hitler, Stalin, etc. etc.

You would have preferred these men were left in power?

What about the death penalty?

Jeffery Dahmer, countless others?
                Ummm, buddy, when people like these die it may be a good thing or give others peace at mind because that means another evil individual is off this earth. But to take joy in anyone's death is a little creepy, especially if you crack a smile or something...

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
                  Ummm, buddy, when people like these die it may be a good thing or give others peace at mind because that means another evil individual is off this earth. But to take joy in anyone's death is a little creepy, especially if you crack a smile or something...
                  How about jump for joy and throw a party?

Is that creepy?

Code Of Conduct

Comment

How about jump for joy and throw a party?

Is that creepy?

I agree...there are some ppl who should of been aborted and I don't even believe in abortion....but ppl like Hitler are not human...IMO..
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                      I agree...there are some ppl who should of been aborted and I don't even believe in abortion....but ppl like Hitler are not human...IMO..
                      There are those that deserve death.

Code Of Conduct

Comment

i have lost some friends along the way...

and i have smiled...

not in a sinical way...

but i believe the best way to tribute somones death.. is to remember all the great times... the happy times and if that brings a smile to ur face... well then i look at their life as being a worthy one... and for it was an honour to have known them...

not being a religios man...

i look at death.. with no fear... but with pitty.... for those who fear it...

fear of something as stupid as fearing the air we breathe or the water we drink....

for we r born dead...

we r all born with a terminal illness... a disese that will kill us...

from the second we r concieved.. we r dying....

no religion, not cure , no god can cure or eliminate this "use by date" that we all carry....

but im not a sinical man... i still view life as a prescious thing... a thing of beauty... but something that must be cherished.. and not blindly and stupidly clung on to...

so once again... i would agree with tdk here...

if someone is in pain... let them go... let them accept their fate...

for if its their time... let it be so...

if i was a vegetable...

i would want to die... for i would not want to drain the soul and the very spark that makes those that love me... who they r... by staying around.. useless to me, them or humanity...

darwin was a smart man... and i stand by his theory of the "survivial of the fittest"

so if it was their time...

smile and remember the good things.. and never regret...

sigpic

Comment

I've got to admit that seeing a lot of people die would cause me joy, but none that I've ever really hoped to die usually do.

When I hear about somebody getting the death penalty for something horrible that they did, I usually can't smile because I end up thinking of the victims.

But, for example, I remember on the knews hearing about a lady that did a hit and run on some construction workers while driving drunk (or maybe high) backwards on the highway.

If she died a horrible violent death, it would make me feel a lot better because after she did that, she proved that she doesn't deserve the priveledge of living.

And, if Hitler were alive, I would hope that he was tortured for years and years so that he'd wish for death, but would never get it. Sometimes when somebody like him dies, it's sad because he didn't have to suffer enough.

Oh, and TDK brings up another good point.

When my grandmother died, I was not sad because she was suffering. For years, she lost her memory almost completely, but she wasn't totally out of it. She KNEW that she lost her memory and was totally crushed by it because it was all she had. Not only that, but at the end of her life, her lungs were filling with fluid every other day and it had to be extracted and they would fill up again and she'd bruise all over and we all knew she was suffering, so I was relieved when she died, but because she was my grandmother and because I will always miss her, I was not sad, but I could never be happy. It was just stressful.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

When my pet lizard died.

That thing was evil. It bit me, and just was a pain in the butt. Yet I couldn't get rid of it cuz I made a commitment.

Stupid lizard.

Comment

Zarqawi. Enough said.
                              same here! when its someone that absolutely deserves to die such as Hitler, Stalin, and this little rat Zarqawi, it brings a smile to my face

Comment

Working...
                              X