Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time you smiled when someone died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Me?

Today.

We had a patient that has been suffering for years but the family was too attached to let them go. The patient was never going to recover. No miracles were going to happen here. Patient should have been dead years ago but no, we keep them on 5 machines and pump this poor bastard with more drugs than Keith Richards just so the family can cling on to a vegetable.

Well, if you have a situation like this in your family, do yourselves a favor and let them go. Vegetables feel pain too.

OK, your turn.
    Al-Zar-Cow-ie

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

My great grandfather, becuase I remembered all the great times we shared, and he was in a lot of pain before his death.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I smiled today. A man that was 93 and went to my church passed away on wednesday evening. He had been battling cancer for almost 2 years and when they initially found it the doctors only game him 6 months max to live. Well, he kept going back to the doctor after the 6 months and it kept getting longer and longer and to the point that the doctors just told him...you will die when you die.

Well, the cancer finally won, but just knowing the type of person he was, the man of God he is and that he is no longer in pain made me smile this morning.

Thats the joy of having a relationship with.... ....well........I will refrain from any religious comment....don't want to OFFEND anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          I smiled today. A man that was 93 and went to my church passed away on wednesday evening. He had been battling cancer for almost 2 years and when they initially found it the doctors only game him 6 months max to live. Well, he kept going back to the doctor after the 6 months and it kept getting longer and longer and to the point that the doctors just told him...you will die when you die.

Well, the cancer finally won, but just knowing the type of person he was, the man of God he is and that he is no longer in pain made me smile this morning.

Thats the joy of having a relationship with.... ....well........I will refrain from any religious comment....don't want to OFFEND anyone.
          If I believed in heaven, I'd probably smile a lot more. I hope it exists because most of my family is Christian.

And I hope that the thought that people get to live on makes you smile. To me, that's the most compelling thing about most religions and I understand why people join them. They all offer quite a bit for after you die.

Even if I don't believe I understand why people believe.

(Not to break the CoC, but whatever. I'm just saying that even as a non-Christian, I can understand how comforting that would be.)
          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
            Zarqawi. Enough said.
            word.

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
            Al-Zar-Cow-ie
            and word.
            sigpic

Comment

I smiled when that woosie boy Cpl. Upom (or whatever his name is) killed that German in Saving Private Ryan, near the end of the movie. I was like, "yea foo, serves you right for killin' the good guy!" That bastard so had it coming to him...

Ummm, in real life...IDK. I guess I cracked a smile watching that vid of the two bombs demolishing Z's little hideout. That was kinda cool. More satisfied than happy actually...

Comment

Originally posted by silver_black
                word.

and word.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  I smiled when that woosie boy Cpl. Upom (or whatever his name is) killed that German in Saving Private Ryan, near the end of the movie. I was like, "yea foo, serves you right for killin' the good guy!" That bastard so had it coming to him...

Ummm, in real life...IDK. I guess I cracked a smile watching that vid of the two bombs demolishing Z's little hideout. That was kinda cool. More satisfied than happy actually...
                  yeah, Upom sucked

Comment

In reference to TDK, myself and my father have specifically told the rest of the family that if we go into a vegetable state for whatever reason, just let us go.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      Me?

Today.

We had a patient that has been suffering for years but the family was too attached to let them go. The patient was never going to recover. No miracles were going to happen here. Patient should have been dead years ago but no, we keep them on 5 machines and pump this poor bastard with more drugs than Keith Richards just so the family can cling on to a vegetable.

Well, if you have a situation like this in your family, do yourselves a favor and let them go. Vegetables feel pain too.

OK, your turn.

I have my living will.

Some folks just have a hard time with death....

Comment

Nobody should ever feel happiness when another living person dies. No matter what that person has done. If the person has done bad things in their life one should just mourn the choices that person made to lead to such a vile life. That is how it should be.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                          In reference to TDK, myself and my father have specifically told the rest of the family that if we go into a vegetable state for whatever reason, just let us go.
                          So has everyone in my family.

On the original question, i'm not sure i've ever smiled over the death of anyone.

Perhaps there's been a sense of relief when hearing about certain people who were suffering, but even then, not a smile.

I agree with Archimedes Owl when I say that none of the people who i'd like to see die (and which might illicit a smile) have died.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
                          X