More Smack Talk from Lil' Kim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Smack Talk from Lil' Kim

This is a little unsettling. Next thing we know they're gonna be showing those videos in school that tell kids to hide under their desk in case of a nuclear attack.

N. Korea threatens U.S. with 'nuclear war'

Monday, July 3, 2006; Posted: 12:37 p.m. EDT (16:37 GMT)

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- North Korea would respond to a pre-emptive U.S. military attack with an "annihilating strike and a nuclear war," the state-run media said Monday, heightening anti-U.S. rhetoric amid close scrutiny of its missile program.

The Whole Story Here

That blows their, we dont have nuclear weapons protest out the window then.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
      That blows their, we dont have nuclear weapons protest out the window then.

I'm not followin here cragie...

Comment

It won't happen. You don't think North Korea who doesn't have many nukes and is just getting the technology to send "a small payload" far enough to hit us is really going to make anything into a nuclear war do you? I don't know how big that small payload they talk about is but I know they don't have a lot of nukes and they know if they hit us with even one their entire country would be gone. It would be pretty pointless for them to attempt a nuclear war.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
          I'm not followin here cragie...
          Well for a time, several ranking officials were going on about how they didn't have nukes or the ability to use them.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
            It won't happen. You don't think North Korea who doesn't have many nukes and is just getting the technology to send "a small payload" far enough to hit us is really going to make anything into a nuclear war do you? I don't know how big that small payload they talk about is but I know they don't have a lot of nukes and they know if they hit us with even one their entire country would be gone. It would be pretty pointless for them to attempt a nuclear war.
            Agreed, but the rhetoric that we hear from their government isn't meant for us first. The primary audience of this kind of propaganda is the people. The North Korean government really doesn't give a crap what we think when they send out these insane diatribes, because they're meant to keep the people of North Korea believing that they live in the greatest country in the world.

The pitfalls of nationalism, playing out right before our eyes in North Korea.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
              Agreed, but the rhetoric that we hear from their government isn't meant for us first. The primary audience of this kind of propaganda is the people. The North Korean government really doesn't give a crap what we think when they send out these insane diatribes, because they're meant to keep the people of North Korea believing that they live in the greatest country in the world.

The pitfalls of nationalism, playing out right before our eyes in North Korea.
              Alls I'm saying is if I lived in North Korea I would cry if I heard my government threatening nuclear war with the biggest nuclear power in the world. A regular war I could see them all supporting and maybe thinking they are better but I don't know how the citizens can even try and act like they support a nuclear war. The only countries that would be just in having their citizens think their government can compete in a nuclear war would be Russia and China. I still don't think any country would have the support of their people in going to nuclear war though other than maybe some that the world doesn't allow to have nukes for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                Alls I'm saying is if I lived in North Korea I would cry if I heard my government threatening nuclear war with the biggest nuclear power in the world. A regular war I could see them all supporting and maybe thinking they are better but I don't know how the citizens can even try and act like they support a nuclear war. The only countries that would be just in having their citizens think their government can compete in a nuclear war would be Russia and China. I still don't think any country would have the support of their people in going to nuclear war though other than maybe some that the world doesn't allow to have nukes for that reason.
                If you lived in North Korea, you'd have to contend with the following:

1. A state run media that probably downplays the strength of all countries that are not North Korea.
                2. A government that can imprison you for speaking out against its policies.
                3. A culture that has given birth to the most militarized nation in the known world.

I don't think you'd cry about it. Besides, you'd probably be too worried about trying to figure out where your next meal is coming from.
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic

Comment

You know, it's tough to try to imagine the attitude a given people may have toward an issue unless one has lived among them, or at least studied them closely and extensively. Sitting over here, viewing through our eyes within our culture, we take the risk of being very wrong about how they view it in, say, North Korea.

From my own admittedly limited perspective, it seems WhoDey may be as close as anybody as to how they think about this issue.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    You know, it's tough to try to imagine the attitude a given people may have toward an issue unless one has lived among them, or at least studied them closely and extensively. Sitting over here, viewing through our eyes within our culture, we take the risk of being very wrong about how they view it in, say, North Korea.

From my own admittedly limited perspective, it seems WhoDey may be as close as anybody as to how they think about this issue.

-----
                    One thing that I was taught growing up that's always stuck with me is the importance of empathy. I don't mean to steal your schtick, tops, but here's one my mom always told me:

"Always walk a mile in the other man's shoes before you judge him."

HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                      One thing that I was taught growing up that's always stuck with me is the importance of empathy. I don't mean to steal your schtick, tops, but here's one my mom always told me:

"Always walk a mile in the other man's shoes before you judge him."

Reminds me of something my dad told me:

"always walk a mile in another man's shoes before you judge him, that way if you do decide to judge him, you are a mile away and have his shoes!"

Back on topic, this simply sounds like the cold war on a lesser scale.

We won't pre-emptive strike them with nukes with the knowledge that it would start a nuclear war.

And they wont launch a nuke at us, knowing we can make N. Korea glow for the next 5000 years.

Comment

North Korea is like a bomb.

"Bombs are meant to explode.

We spend our lives trying to prevent the bomb from becoming....

And for who, for what?

You know what a bomb is that doesn't explode?

It's a cheap gold watch buddy."

Comment

Working...
                        X