Perspective of a warrior???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective of a warrior???

Did this get moved or deleted? I tried to click on it and it says I am trying to reach a page that I do not have the priveledge to look at.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Originally posted by Giveemlove
    Did this get moved or deleted? I tried to click on it and it says I am trying to reach a page that I do not have the priveledge to look at.
    that is sooooo lame...

it was sorta political and maybe what have u..

but it was awsum!!!

and my reply was also awsum.. i spent like 20 mins on it...

i had quotes and everything...

oh well...

ill just keep moving...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
      It was somewhat "political" in nature, even though it was just a diatribe written by a Marine for people to understand how we feel about the war.

No big deal, the opening line even told the mods they could get rid of it with no hard feelings if they felt it was innapropriate, apparently someone complained.

It says moved though, not sure where it would have moved too....

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
        It was somewhat "political" in nature, even though it was just a diatribe written by a Marine for people to understand how we feel about the war.

No big deal, the opening line even told the mods they could get rid of it with no hard feelings if they felt it was innapropriate, apparently someone complained.

It says moved though, not sure where it would have moved too....
        to the cyber bin...??

but great post davii...

and i forgot to cp u for it...

so ill do it now...

but i agree about everything u said...

u r the beacon of what it is to be human and free...

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a very good post...and thats all I will say w/o offending anyone or getting myself in trouble...I sent a CP your way for it and one thing I said in my post that I will say here is that "THANK YOU" just doesnt seem to be enough to the soilders like you...
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I appreciate the support anton and KClady both. The purpose of the post was to try and let people see things from my perspective.

But, hey, I guess some people just don't like hearing those types of things. Not really surprised.

Code Of Conduct
            ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

I appreciate the support anton and KClady both. The purpose of the post was to try and let people see things from my perspective.

But, hey, I guess some people just don't like hearing those types of things. Not really surprised.
              yeah...

ppls inability to accept truth and to openly talk about it makes me upset...

how can ppl eat meat and just ignore that that was once a live animal...

i know there r wars...
              and i know that the steak im gonna have for lunch was once a cow most likely called doris...

thanks again...

what u do other there makes my life down here safer...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
                yeah...

ppls inability to accept truth and to openly talk about it makes me upset...

how can ppl eat meat and just ignore that that was once a live animal...

i know there r wars...
                and i know that the steak im gonna have for lunch was once a cow most likely called doris...

thanks again...

what u do other there makes my life down here safer...

Thanks Anton. I love Australia, I got to spend almost four months between Brisbane and Gladstone with a few trips to Rockhampton. Loved it there.

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Thanks Anton. I love Australia, I got to spend almost four months between Brisbane and Gladstone with a few trips to Rockhampton. Loved it there.
                  yeah...

it is nice...

was that for training exercises??

or holiday??

sigpic

Comment

yeah...

it is nice...

was that for training exercises??

or holiday??

Training... We trained with the Aussie troops, lots of fun. You all have some nasty snakes and bugs down there though!

They called it Tandem Thrust 97, we called it Pelvic Thrust 97

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Can a mod please tell us where it was "moved" too?

Jared? JWinn?

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Training... We trained with the Aussie troops, lots of fun. You all have some nasty snakes and bugs down there though!

They called it Tandem Thrust 97, we called it Pelvic Thrust 97

how do u rate ausie troops to urs...??

and be honest....

sigpic

Comment

how do u rate ausie troops to urs...??

and be honest....
                          Top notch, no doubt. Well trained, well disciplined, and ready to go. The only thing that seemed to be lacking was equipment. We had much better equipment, but we have a ton more money to spend on it too. They had a lot of American stuff, but it was the older stuff. On the ground side anyway.

The Aussies can, and should be, very proud of their military.

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Top notch, no doubt. Well trained, well disciplined, and ready to go. The only thing that seemed to be lacking was equipment. We had much better equipment, but we have a ton more money to spend on it too. They had a lot of American stuff, but it was the older stuff. On the ground side anyway.

The Aussies can, and should be, very proud of their military.
                            well there u go...

for about 2 yrs i was considering going inot the military...

and i was in cadets for 3 yrs gaining a rank of platoon seargent...

we trained with the army somewhat...

we fired weapons and all that lingo...

so that was cool...

but it is sorta sad that we have almost no money put into our military...

we use almost everyhting second hand and hand me downs...

like 2 yrs ago we bought an amazingly new and advanced fleet of F18's...

from france or some crap...

but we do try hard...

what do u do exactly...??

r u some sort of navy seal/ comando sniper??

sigpic

Comment

what do u do exactly...??

r u some sort of navy seal/ comando sniper??
                              no, nothing that exotic. The Marines are considered the "quick reaction force" we're prepositioned around the planet to be able to be on the ground anywhere within 24 hours. Because of this we receive a lot more training than the other services and are a lot more versatile. For instance we can drop bombs, come from the sea, and fight like mad on the ground. Traditionally the Marines are used as the first in, the strike force, and the Army will follow along or alongside depending on the scenario. After an area is secured the Army generally holds it while the Marines advance further.

Me personally, I am an electronics techinician, I fix radios. But again, that's part of the Marine Corps, we're all infantry, we just have "extra" jobs as well.

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Working...
                              X