Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are magicians really.......well, magical.......??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are magicians really.......well, magical.......??

Ok, some of you are saying "Reid, you're out of your mind" and that very well could be considering it's almost 4 am here.

Seriously though, I have watched a lot of magicians now and recently the new wave of magicians are either

a) Very good at what they do...
    b) Using trick photography
    c) literally doing what we see them do...

Farfetched as this may seem, I can't explain some of the stuff I've seen. We've all seen Blaine's street magic which is arguably the best magic I've ever seen. Perhaps their is logic and explanation to all of it but even so, it's amazing to behold. Recently I caught a show with this Chris Angel guy who pretty much dumbfounded me. Just watch this video where he apparently walks through a glass window and if anyone can come up with the slightest explanation, please, do tell!

http://dl3.dumpalink.com/media/Kxfjw...idwCq1njEz.wmv
    Last edited by Reidman; 07-08-2006, 03:50 AM.

No, it's not magic Reid.

Get some sleep.

Comment

I didn't see him walk through glass at all. I saw him break some paper and step out from behind it.

If he could walk through glass, why would he need that paper there?? Why wouldn't he do it so that we could really see him actually go through the substance?? After all, that would be much cooler.

I don't know how he did it per se, but yeah, it was a trick.

Oh, and even when he says, "Let's keep this camera constantly rolling", they divert the camera away from the window at times and zoom it to where you can't see the glass. It would be more convincing to me if they kep the camera still so that I could really see what was going on better.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
        Ok, some of you are saying "Reid, you're out of your mind" and that very well could be considering it's almost 4 am here.

Seriously though, I have watched a lot of magicians now and recently the new wave of magicians are either

a) Very good at what they do...
        b) Using trick photography
        c) literally doing what we see them do...

Farfetched as this may seem, I can't explain some of the stuff I've seen. We've all seen Blaine's street magic which is arguably the best magic I've ever seen. Perhaps their is logic and explanation to all of it but even so, it's amazing to behold. Recently I caught a show with this Chris Angel guy who pretty much dumbfounded me. Just watch this video where he apparently walks through a glass window and if anyone can come up with the slightest explanation, please, do tell!

http://dl3.dumpalink.com/media/Kxfjw...idwCq1njEz.wmv
        Dude, criss angel is way better than blaine. The dude is amazing, and no, i cant explain how he does any of his tricks...blaine either.
        "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
          Dude, criss angel is way better than blaine. The dude is amazing, and no, i cant explain how he does any of his tricks...blaine either.

Criss Angel is one of the biggest frauds out there...its been talked about on here and if I am not mistaken, someone posted a video to prove it.

Actaully they are all frauds....its just some are better than others.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            Criss Angel is one of the biggest frauds out there...its been talked about on here and if I am not mistaken, someone posted a video to prove it.

Actaully they are all frauds....its just some are better than others.
            What makes him a fraud?
            "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Comment

What makes him a fraud?

Making you and everyone else think he is magical...

like i said though, they are all frauds....well maybe thats not a good word for them....perhaps they are good at fooling the audience with their tricks...not magic.

Comment

Making you and everyone else think he is magical...

like i said though, they are all frauds....well maybe thats not a good word for them....perhaps they are good at fooling the audience with their tricks...not magic.
                maybe i should be more specific. Im askin what proof was there on here that exposed him? Im curious to know, cuz some of the stuff i see him do just isnt possible....

Comment

maybe i should be more specific. Im askin what proof was there on here that exposed him? Im curious to know, cuz some of the stuff i see him do just isnt possible....

If I remember correctly it had to do with a cutting trick, where he "supposedly" cut a woman in half...

there was a thread on here about it and I also saw it on big-boys.com, and another site talking about how it was sooooo fake and people could tell it.

Comment

Look at David Copperfield and the stuff he does...we went to a show a few years ago in Branson Mo. and the guy was really good....its pretty wild what the eyes see...

I wouldnt say these guys are frauds...they are pros and this is what they do...

Blaine is good....he went to visit some of the Dallas Cowboys when Deon and Emmitt were still playing and he freaked Sanders out...it was funny....

I love watching these guys....its pretty cool...
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

If I remember correctly it had to do with a cutting trick, where he "supposedly" cut a woman in half...

there was a thread on here about it and I also saw it on big-boys.com, and another site talking about how it was sooooo fake and people could tell it.
                      OH....well, i obviously know that there is some kind of 'trick' to it, but its so damn cool to watch.

Comment

OH....well, i obviously know that there is some kind of 'trick' to it, but its so damn cool to watch.

Its really cool to watch...I prefer the simple card tricks over the big elaborate tricks. I still can't figure out how they get the cut up card into the un-cut orange....

Comment

Its really cool to watch...I prefer the simple card tricks over the big elaborate tricks. I still can't figure out how they get the cut up card into the un-cut orange....
                          Yea, id have to say i prefer the littler tricks as opposed to the big, watch this person dissappear stuff. I like the one where they throw the deck of cards at a piece of glass, and the card the person had picked is sticking to the glass, but on the opposite side of where he threw it.....thats pretty cool.

Comment

The thing was he made the camera cut away and put in a different person. So pretty much he did what any of us could do. Get ready to cut someone in half, cut the camera, place in props, then continue filming.

It was cheeziness to the maximum.

Comment

the card tricks are cool as well...
                              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Working...
                              X