X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    You´re not the dumbest person alive(heck, you cancelled the card before anything got bought).

But just so you know, The Skwrl has decided to champion your cause, and is right now surveying the net to catch these cretins.

Needless to say it will be messy, and there will be blood!

Go Skwrl Go!
    Thank you Skwrl of Justice!

May you find those punks and bring them what they deserve!

Yea, I didn't feel as dumb today as I did yesterday.

Until I gave them my other card information today.....

jk

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    Okay, here is your shot to say how dumb I am.

Im sooooooooo stupid.

So, I'm gonna be taking some time off from the boards and internet completely for a while now...
    You will find that the field is highly competitive. It is going to take more that one blooper to reach the high echelons.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied

I practically gave away my credit card today when I fell victim to identity theft.

Heck, you might even see me on those commercials.

Luckily, I cancelled the card before any purchases could be made.

Im sooooooooo stupid.

So, I'm gonna be taking some time off from the boards and internet completely for a while now...
    You´re not the dumbest person alive(heck, you cancelled the card before anything got bought).

But just so you know, The Skwrl has decided to champion your cause, and is right now surveying the net to catch these cretins.

Needless to say it will be messy, and there will be blood!

Go Skwrl Go!

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AzBroncoFan67
    If you get an email from a company telling you that you need to update information, Open a new browser and go directly to their website, DO NOT click on a link like they tell you. They have a website built to look alot like the original so that you are fooled into thinking it is legitimate. It also can't hurt to call the company and ask if they are requesting this or not. Just DON"T use a phone number out of the Email, it could be false also. Always look up the number from a book or previous bill or statement.

Its a cruel world out there, so lets be careful
    I would say MOST companies do not notify you by email about such things...the email I received looked very legit when I first received it...they sent it a second time after I deleted it....I didnt even click on the link...plus they misspelled immediately .....

It was suppose to be from Comcast and the email said my internet connection and acct would be closed if I didnt update my personal information immediately....yea right like my cable company would do this and take the chance of losing business...

there are alot of people who fall victims to scams....
    Last edited by KCLadyFan; 07-09-2006, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AzBroncoFan67
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    cinn...what did I tell you earlier about this...always call the company first...I got an email telling me my internet acct would be cancelled if I didnt update my personal info...I knew better and called Comcast...
    If you get an email from a company telling you that you need to update information, Open a new browser and go directly to their website, DO NOT click on a link like they tell you. They have a website built to look alot like the original so that you are fooled into thinking it is legitimate. It also can't hurt to call the company and ask if they are requesting this or not. Just DON"T use a phone number out of the Email, it could be false also. Always look up the number from a book or previous bill or statement.

Its a cruel world out there, so lets be careful

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by Davii
    Hey Cin!

Just wanted to let you know, they already have a suspect!!!

Check here

Hey, it's not a bad idea to call the credit agencies and have a fraud alert placed on your report.

have you considered a career in sales??

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied

I practically gave away my credit card today when I fell victim to identity theft.

Im sooooooooo stupid.

sorry to hear cinny....

but you got out in time...

so good on you!!!

and this is why i live a simple life....

and thus i obide by simple rules...

anything regarding personal information...

and ESPECIALLY money...

do not post on the internet unless you went to like or the site on your own accord...

heck...

i even use a different email account for anything that is not personal...

just in case...

sure...

call me paranoid...

but ive singed my eyelashes twice in my life...

and i dont want to do it again...

btw... i dont think i want to get with you anymore... as i like to keep the little money that i have stashed in my underpants IN my underpants....

Last edited by anton...; 07-09-2006, 03:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Reidman
    replied

Im sooooooooo stupid.

Well, looks like you may be internet-single for a little while longer now.....

Bummer man, sorry to hear this but at least you got lucky and no charges were made...

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Superchop7
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

No it isn't, it's weak.
    LOL....I think it was better for me and you....ya want me to get banned or what?

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    no comment is the best comment sometimes...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

No it isn't, it's weak.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Down boy...............

no comment is the best comment sometimes...

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    no I doubt he would have any problem with idenity theft....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Down boy...............

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Bush is waaaay stupider than you.

no I doubt he would have any problem with idenity theft....

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    Reggie? Did he get arrested or something?

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Comfort

Leave a comment:

Working...
X