Columbine killer Eric Harris's essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NBudris
    You would figure that was their plan. losers.
    There was a story a few days ago that says there plan was to make it out of the country to a place the US wouldn't be able to get to them. They also said if they were not able to make it out of the country they wanted to crash a plane into New York City.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      There was a story a few days ago that says there plan was to make it out of the country to a place the US wouldn't be able to get to them. They also said if they were not able to make it out of the country they wanted to crash a plane into New York City.
      Want to go out with as much attention as they could... the rest is a joke they might have wanted to do more or make it sound like they were going to do this and that. They would not have been able to.

How they figured they did not care about life.. a lot of people don't. The exact thing what they talked about no one knows but them I figured it was attention probably from how were treated or ignored by others with out respect (which they were losers and they were losers because of parents.. Always go to parents because they failed at that)

I also assume they were done with life probably talked heavily with each other abought what comes after life and how it would be better.

They were just morons.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...olumbine1.html

Ummm, can you say "warning signs"?

An interesting and ironic read.

The sad thing is these kids dont really understand the ramifications of their actions...I just cant imagine what could go through somebodys mind to actually plan and carry out an action that will not only end lives, but completely devistate the loved ones who have to go on living. To be honest I dont know much about the two kids that did this, but I would have to think that something was wrong with them mentally...otherwise you come to the realization that there are many people that are just evil.

Comment

Quick question I do not know to much about these kids but were did they get their guns? Did they have other fiends then just the two of them? What did parents say about all of this?

Also you would think from people like this that they would be into that anarchist stuff.. anarchy website thingy and would have tried to burn the school before offing themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
            Quick question I do not know to much about these kids but were did they get their guns? Did they have other fiends then just the two of them? What did parents say about all of this?

Also you would think from people like this that they would be into that anarchist stuff.. anarchy website thingy and would have tried to burn the school before offing themselves.
            If I remember right, some of the guns came from one of the parents house. And I think more were purchased by a 3rd party.

People can get corrupted in so many ways. I think WTM was right in that part of it is how they are wired. Some is nurture, some is nature. As a kid, I was picked on horribly at school. We were always moving, and I always felt like an outcast. I either had 1 friend (who was the outcast before I took over), or no friends. I was extremely shy, and because we didnt have the money to purchase new clothes, I was never in fashion, which made things even worse.
            Things got better in high school. I was in that school for the whole time. People still picked on me, but not as much any more. I had several friends, and that was enough.
            My home life was very different. My parents listened when I talked, and we did lots of cool stuff together. Gardening, weekend trips, fishing.
            And besides a quirk here and there, I turned out just fine. I have no violent tendencies (except for these damn preggo hormones!), and interact with society well. I have a really hard time making friends, but I fugure that's just me!

So I can where both sides of these arguments come from. Fins also had a good point: Evil does exist. Between nuture, nature and "wiring", it shapes the people we become.
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
              If I remember right, some of the guns came from one of the parents house. And I think more were purchased by a 3rd party.

People can get corrupted in so many ways. I think WTM was right in that part of it is how they are wired. Some is nurture, some is nature. As a kid, I was picked on horribly at school. We were always moving, and I always felt like an outcast. I either had 1 friend (who was the outcast before I took over), or no friends. I was extremely shy, and because we didnt have the money to purchase new clothes, I was never in fashion, which made things even worse.
              Things got better in high school. I was in that school for the whole time. People still picked on me, but not as much any more. I had several friends, and that was enough.
              My home life was very different. My parents listened when I talked, and we did lots of cool stuff together. Gardening, weekend trips, fishing.
              And besides a quirk here and there, I turned out just fine. I have no violent tendencies (except for these damn preggo hormones!), and interact with society well. I have a really hard time making friends, but I fugure that's just me!

So I can where both sides of these arguments come from. Fins also had a good point: Evil does exist. Between nuture, nature and "wiring", it shapes the people we become.
              Aghhh but you got great parents it sounds like and talking is huge. So you don't have everything bottled up etc.,

So going by everything you said if you did not have good parents ignored you did not want to hear about your problems etc., you would have been a different individual.

Off subject kinda: That is why the one thing that really ticks me off is the preist and kids thing. These kids that do not have any one to talk to are going to talk to some one and for comfort and they get repayed to the extent were they will not be able to talk to anyone anymore. Which some one in that kind of distress will wear amongst a part of the brain which you bottle up and you have a higher percent of being that person that put the lid on your jar.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                I have a really hard time making friends, but I fugure that's just me!
                Also do to moving it could be the problem with making friends could be the fear of losing them in a way. That has to be hard for kids to move a lot and for military families that have to move a lot.

In addition would be tough to get close to people with feelings etc etc

**You can go anywhere and you got the Bronco Board **

Comment

If you have read the Rocky Mountain News the day these journals and essays and everything was released, Eric Harris' father also kept a journal. Most of it blames other parents, other students, the laws and the laws enforcers for much of what his son went through. Never once did he take responsibility for what his son was doing with his life. The father enabled his son to do a lot of what was going on. I know parents can't stop a lot of things from happening, but when your son is threatening another student with a homemade bomb (as Eric Harris was the Brooks kid) and the parents first reaction is that the other kid is a manipulator and a problem starter, I think that is an issue. Some parents refuse to face the things their children do, simply for the fact of how it reflects on them as parents. How does a young adult stockpile bombs, guns and other weapons without a parent knowing what's going on. It sounds like these boys spent most of their waking hours planning and purchasing for this attack.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
                  X