Is highschool really this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maruske845
    someone posted this as a myspace bulltin...and me being a fresmen i read it...so its it really that bad?

Ever seen the movie Dazed and Confused? Just hope no one at school looks like Ben Affleck! LMBO!

I graduated in 93 (Yea I know...I'm old! ) and this stuff was going on back then, the wording was just a little different.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

No it is not even close to that, I met tons of new friends and had a ton of fun last year.

I thought the hallway one was hilarious because our halls are packed like a football stadium.

The statement of being pushed is true I caught so many elbows in the face and tons of shoving lol.
      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
        Ever seen the movie Dazed and Confused? Just hope no one at school looks like Ben Affleck! LMBO!

I graduated in 93 (Yea I know...I'm old! ) and this stuff was going on back then, the wording was just a little different.

Hey, that's when I gragamatated!

Umm, I didn't think I'd miss high school at the time but I do.

I got laid way more back then I do now.

Does that seem right to you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

Thata boy.
          sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight

I got me an edjumacation in high school! Hmmmm...then vs. now....

Party on a Saturday night vs. Sitting home watching Disney flicks with the kids.

No job, no worries vs. 40 hour workweeks and all the worries on your shoulders.

Drama back then included....OMG did you see he was kissing her vs. Drama now....That bastard didn't pay his child support AGAIN.

Do I miss those days??? You're damn right I do.

Kiddos....enjoy it while you can. The real world after high school can be cruel and unforgiving.

I know exactly what ya mean TDK!
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

High school will be one of the best times of your life. You're old enough to make a lot of choices on where your life is headed. You can work hard and go to college, or you can party your butt of, maybe still go to college, and party some more.

Try to do well in your classes, you'd be surprised how much it will mean to you in a few more years.

If you play sports or get involved in clubs (Band, FBLA, etc) you will enjoy yourself even more. The higher up the levels of education you get the more serious it becomes, but it's also a social bonanza.

Enjoy it while you can.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

No, High School is not like that.

High School was a blast. I actually got on well with the seniors when I was a freshman. Even dated one...that scores you major points! But I noticed for the most part, other than hell week, seniors rarely noticed the freshmen. Of course, we had something like 1200 students in school...so it was easy to get lost.
                Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                  I got me an edjumacation in high school! Hmmmm...then vs. now....

Party on a Saturday night vs. Sitting home watching Disney flicks with the kids.

No job, no worries vs. 40 hour workweeks and all the worries on your shoulders.

Drama back then included....OMG did you see he was kissing her vs. Drama now....That bastard didn't pay his child support AGAIN.

Do I miss those days??? You're damn right I do.

Kiddos....enjoy it while you can. The real world after high school can be cruel and unforgiving.

I know exactly what ya mean TDK!
                  I thing about that at times...

about when my only responsibility was to go to football practice, sit by hotties in class, and go out with friends on the weekends.

Now its, go to work, go to work, do yard work, change a diaper, whip a butt, cook dinner, go to work, go to work....blah blah blah.

Its true, kids enjoy these high school days. I laugh at graduation time every year when they all run around SO happy to be out of HS...little do they know.....

Comment

No, wasn't that bad for me. The senior class and the freshman class actually partied together, ALOT, but that's probably only because our sophmore and junior class pretty much did nothing. I'm guessing every highschool is different though.

Comment

Originally posted by maruske845
                      someone posted this as a myspace bulltin...and me being a fresmen i read it...so its it really that bad?

It's worse.

But it isn't.

Seriously, the person who wrote that must actually think what happens in high school matters.

It is, for all intents and purposes, a bubble set apart from reality.

No one in college or the working world cares what you did or were like in high school. So be yourself, and screw everyone who tells you that being yourself is bad.

If being yourself ends up making you popular, be glad and thankful.

if ends up making people talk about you, remember, only small minded people gossip. Their brand can;t handle anything much more than that.

Either way, what your family and friends, and you think about yourself is more valuable.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                        It's worse.

But it isn't.

Seriously, the person who wrote that must actually think what happens in high school matters.

It is, for all intents and purposes, a bubble set apart from reality.

No one in college or the working world cares what you did or were like in high school. So be yourself, and screw everyone who tells you that being yourself is bad.

If being yourself ends up making you popular, be glad and thankful.

if ends up making people talk about you, remember, only small minded people gossip. Their brand can;t handle anything much more than that.

Either way, what your family and friends, and you think about yourself is more valuable.

No one cares UNLESS you're from a small town and plan to live there after you graduate. Then the High School stigma seems follow everyone around.

Comment

Haha, as a graduate in 2002, I see this "FROM THE CLASSES OF 07, 08 AND 09" funny. Makes me feel a little old, but when I was in high school, the class of '07 wasn't even near my list of things that might one day be scary.

I will be honest - it IS that crappy, but ONLY if you let it be. A lot of people in my class picked on me and crap, because they thought I was making fun of this girl's voice (which I didn't do). It sucked because I felt I couldn't make many friends, but all-in-all, it's nothing to be afraid of.

Only the ******bag upperclassmen will make life tough for you. I made many friends older and younger than I was during my time in school.

Jared's advice is good stuff. Keep your chin up, buddy. You'll find that anybody who tries to look down on you ends up being the 'loser.'

Comment

There are alot of jerks in high school there's no doubt about it, but this guy is obviously some idiot who thinks he's cool but in reality everyone in the school hates him, you'll meet alot of these people.

Comment

Working...
                            X