This is very scary that this could happen in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is very scary that this could happen in 2006

I live about 4 miles from where this happened. With all the money MA taxpayers pay on this enlongated project (started in 1990) this should never happen. It is

Link to article
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Med, we had this happen in Colorado last summer. They were building a new ramp to a highway near the mountains (C-470). A portion of the highway fell on top of a car with a family inside. Very sad, and it goes to show you, you really don't know when or where your time will come. Very sad.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
      Med, we had this happen in Colorado last summer. They were building a new ramp to a highway near the mountains (C-470). A portion of the highway fell on top of a car with a family inside. Very sad, and it goes to show you, you really don't know when or where your time will come. Very sad.
      I agree may that family rest in peace.

Also another part of this story that is even more frightenting is there was a gentleman who survived the crash. He has to live seeing this the rest of his life.

God bless him and his family as well.
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove

I was just gonna bring this up... What shotty work- and the worst part is, in the end no one is really held accountable... I think the company responsible for the gurter collapse had to shell out a few $$-- which is a small price to pay for taking out an entire family... It was pretty ugly too, the gurter sheered off the top of the vehicle while the bottom continued down the highway for another 1/4 mile or so.

If I recall correctly, it was a man, woman and child, but the woman was also pregnant with another-- And they are wiped out in a second because some lazy construction crew wanted to cut a few corners-- It's maddening and sad at the same time.

Comment

Sounds like all the governememt agencies in Louisiana evacuated after the storm as well.

It really is quite ridiculous that you can't trust your local governement to make sure things are done right when they spend taxpayer money. Just as the goverment bribed their way out of proper levee inspections in and around New Orleans i'm sure somewhere along the line with these tunnels people were paid off. I hope whoever was responsible is brought to justice.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
            Sounds like all the governememt agencies in Louisiana evacuated after the storm as well.

It really is quite ridiculous that you can't trust your local governement to make sure things are done right when they spend taxpayer money. Just as the goverment bribed their way out of proper levee inspections in and around New Orleans i'm sure somewhere along the line with these tunnels people were paid off. I hope whoever was responsible is brought to justice.

It amazes me that the levees there weren't taken care of and upgraded. To think how much money that would have saved in the long run. Pretty ridiculous that so many American citizens lost EVERYTHING in that hurricane and the levees are still not fixed and upgraded. I'd be pretty angry with the government if I lived in that area.
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
            X