Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A PSA from WhoDey - If you have a cell phone...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A PSA from WhoDey - If you have a cell phone...

    JUST A REMINDER....8 days from today, all cell phone numbers are
    being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive
    sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.... To prevent this, call
    the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the
    National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks
    your number for five (5) years. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO: www.donotcall.gov

    Got this in an e-mail today, and if you haven't registered your cell yet, go do it. You'll thank me later.

    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

  • #2
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    JUST A REMINDER....8 days from today, all cell phone numbers are
    being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive
    sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.... To prevent this, call
    the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the
    National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks
    your number for five (5) years. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO: www.donotcall.gov

    Got this in an e-mail today, and if you haven't registered your cell yet, go do it. You'll thank me later.


    Thanks whodey just forwarded through my company

    Comment


    • #3
      False

      No truth to this. I Cp'd Whodey and then found out that this message is completely without merit.

      There is no truth to the rumor that a cell directory will be given to the telemarketers. It is still fine to register your cellphones if you wish, but here is the real scoop from the Federal Trade Commission.

      From FTC.GOV Link

      10. Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?

      Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

      You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don't call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dare2bme
        No truth to this. I Cp'd Whodey and then found out that this message is completely without merit.

        There is no truth to the rumor that a cell directory will be given to the telemarketers. It is still fine to register your cellphones if you wish, but here is the real scoop from the Federal Trade Commission.
        Yeah, I had the e-mail Whodey has there about 6 months ago.

        Comment


        • #5
          are you guys serious I just emailed that to my clients and co-workers

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes

            Originally posted by NBudris
            are you guys serious I just emailed that to my clients and co-workers
            This is seriously not going to happen. There is no reason for people NOT to register, but it is not necessary either.

            Comment


            • #7
              Um... oops.

              Like I said, I got it in an e-mail, and I just thought I'd send it along. I was just trying to help! Whaaaa!
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                Um... oops.

                Like I said, I got it in an e-mail, and I just thought I'd send it along. I was just trying to help! Whaaaa!
                It isn't your fault WhoDey.. People should have really expected this from a Bengals fan.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seems like his cp scam was thwarted........

                  Circulated emails are almost as bad as gossip.....take those with a grain of salt...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                    Um... oops.

                    Like I said, I got it in an e-mail, and I just thought I'd send it along. I was just trying to help! Whaaaa!
                    Take everything with a grain of salt. I absolutely hate Urban Legends and such. Including Pseudo-History (such as the DV Code). I don't believe anything untill I do research into it.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                    The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                      Um... oops.

                      Like I said, I got it in an e-mail, and I just thought I'd send it along. I was just trying to help! Whaaaa!


                      boy and i thought snail mail was slow



                      i got that same email about six months ago
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhns
                        It isn't your fault WhoDey.. People should have really expected this from a Bengals fan.

                        --- That's OK WhoDey !!! ---

                        --- We'll trade you Ashley for Chad !!! ---

                        ---Sorry, all sold out of bridges today ---


                        ---


                        .

                        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                          --- That's OK WhoDey !!! ---

                          --- We'll trade you Ashley for Chad !!! ---

                          ---Sorry, all sold out of bridges today ---


                          ---


                          .
                          I said this before, and I'll say this again...

                          ...the DNC listing is a farce!
                          It hasn't stopped the calls it was supposed to since it's inception. The callers just have to come up with some bogus excuse for the number and wallaah!

                          Good luck.....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

                          -- Samuel Adams

                          sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rcsodak
                            I said this before, and I'll say this again...

                            ...the DNC listing is a farce!
                            It hasn't stopped the calls it was supposed to since it's inception. The callers just have to come up with some bogus excuse for the number and wallaah!

                            Good luck.....
                            Just got this off the FTC's website for DNC:

                            Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.
                            So basically any telemarketer could incorporate these strategies into their pitch....thus bypassing the DNC registry...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                              Um... oops.

                              Like I said, I got it in an e-mail, and I just thought I'd send it along. I was just trying to help! Whaaaa!
                              kind of like those stupid myspace bulletins that say tom is gonna take down myspace.
                              the space that is mine



                              We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X