Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demon Ducks? Killer Kangaroos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demon Ducks? Killer Kangaroos?

    just saw this on MSN frontpage

    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13825566/?GT1=8307

    woah lol, Killer Kangaroos, hopping animals of death

  • #2
    Originally posted by str8jacket
    just saw this on MSN frontpage

    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13825566/?GT1=8307

    woah lol, Killer Kangaroos, hopping animals of death
    'wolf-like galloping kangaroos'

    The Ozzie guys I work with think this is mad!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kapaibro
      'wolf-like galloping kangaroos'

      The Ozzie guys I work with think this is mad!
      eep, i couldnt imagine something like that hopping my way

      Comment


      • #4
        Kangaroos and wombats make a mess of your car/truck if you hit them, that's why bull-bars are so dang popular in Oz!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




        formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

        I have been adopted by Chris Wade

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by str8jacket
          just saw this on MSN frontpage

          http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13825566/?GT1=8307

          woah lol, Killer Kangaroos, hopping animals of death
          Standard kangaroos, are vicious enough (when they want or need to be) I would hate to have come across one of these.

          My wife works with someone, who "some years" ago was riding in a car with her husband.

          They hit a kangaroo.

          The thing actually came through the windshield, and when it got it's senses back, attempted to get out of the car. In doing so it actually killed her husband with it's hind legs and very nasty claws.

          What they tell you here at various parks etc, is if a Roo has the inclanation to do damage to you, it will "kick box" (as we have all seen thousands of times in real life and via cartoons) but not with the purpose of "punching you" but instead trying to rip open your body with it's hind claws...

          They are normally very docile and shy, but in the same breath, not to be messed with.

          Imagine one of these bad boys... (meaning the demon roo)


          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
            Standard kangaroos, are vicious enough (when they want or need to be) I would hate to have come across one of these.

            My wife works with someone, who "some years" ago was riding in a car with her husband.

            They hit a kangaroo.

            The thing actually came through the windshield, and when it got it's senses back, attempted to get out of the car. In doing so it actually killed her husband with it's hind legs and very nasty claws.

            What they tell you here at various parks etc, is if a Roo has the inclanation to do damage to you, it will "kick box" (as we have all seen thousands of times in real life and via cartoons) but not with the purpose of "punching you" but instead trying to rip open your body with it's hind claws...

            They are normally very docile and shy, but in the same breath, not to be messed with.

            Imagine one of these bad boys... (meaning the demon roo)
            with teeth

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, practically all animals have the capability to be dangerous in one way or another.


              "When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by str8jacket
                with fangs and "hornlike" pertrusions from their jaws
                -- --


                [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                  -- --
                  nice edit, im not thinking

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                    Well, practically all animals have the capability to be dangerous in one way or another.
                    True, but how many can gut you with one swoop of the leg... not too many I would have thought.

                    Although Aussieland does have a couple, the Roo (as mentioned) and the CASSOWARY , about 5-6 feet tall and claws like razors. It gets ugly quick when these get angry.


                    [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                      Standard kangaroos, are vicious enough (when they want or need to be) I would hate to have come across one of these.

                      My wife works with someone, who "some years" ago was riding in a car with her husband.

                      They hit a kangaroo.

                      The thing actually came through the windshield, and when it got it's senses back, attempted to get out of the car. In doing so it actually killed her husband with it's hind legs and very nasty claws.

                      What they tell you here at various parks etc, is if a Roo has the inclanation to do damage to you, it will "kick box" (as we have all seen thousands of times in real life and via cartoons) but not with the purpose of "punching you" but instead trying to rip open your body with it's hind claws...

                      They are normally very docile and shy, but in the same breath, not to be messed with.

                      Imagine one of these bad boys... (meaning the demon roo)
                      Thats scary as hell! Rip your chest open with its hind claws? Not the cute and cuddly animal we thought!
                      MMA News
                      MMA News 247

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                        True, but how many can gut you with one swoop of the leg... not too many I would have thought.

                        Although Aussieland does have a couple, the Roo (as mentioned) and the CASSOWARY , about 5-6 feet tall and claws like razors. It gets ugly quick when these get angry.
                        Isnt that an Emu? Looks more like an Emu to me and Ive heard they can beat the crap outta ya and are extremely dangerous.
                        MMA News
                        MMA News 247

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by champbronc2
                          Isnt that an Emu? Looks more like an Emu to me and Ive heard they can beat the crap outta ya and are extremely dangerous.
                          No, THIS, is an Emu... they make the most disturbing burping/gurgling sound you have ever heard. It sounds like they are about to open up a can of whoop-a** on you... I hate them.

                          Cassowaries are about the same size, but apparantly more ferocious than an Emu. Come in contact with an Emu and most times they run away (unless there are babies about), but Cassowaries will start trouble from what I have been told.

                          My wife has a couple good stories of Cassowaries up north, chasing and ripping people up.


                          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by champbronc2
                            Thats scary as hell! Rip your chest open with its hind claws? Not the cute and cuddly animal we thought!
                            Don't get me wrong they are lovely animals. There is a place we go about 15 minutes from here where you can take a lunch and sit in this large grassed area, you can buy little food pellets ($.50 a bag) to feed the dozens of roos around.

                            They just laze around, waiting for people to feed them, soaking up the sunshine.

                            Their fur is so amazingly soft, and they kind of feel like a horse when you feed them, fuzzy snouts and what not. What's fun is pouring water in your hand and letting them lick it... good fun.

                            But like many things when they are provoked or scared... well ya know.
                            Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 07-13-2006, 07:09 AM.


                            [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X