just saw this on MSN frontpage

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13825566/?GT1=8307

woah lol, Killer Kangaroos, hopping animals of death

Originally posted by str8jacket

'wolf-like galloping kangaroos'

The Ozzie guys I work with think this is mad!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
      'wolf-like galloping kangaroos'

The Ozzie guys I work with think this is mad!
      eep, i couldnt imagine something like that hopping my way

Comment

Kangaroos and wombats make a mess of your car/truck if you hit them, that's why bull-bars are so dang popular in Oz!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Standard kangaroos, are vicious enough (when they want or need to be) I would hate to have come across one of these.

My wife works with someone, who "some years" ago was riding in a car with her husband.

They hit a kangaroo.

The thing actually came through the windshield, and when it got it's senses back, attempted to get out of the car. In doing so it actually killed her husband with it's hind legs and very nasty claws.

What they tell you here at various parks etc, is if a Roo has the inclanation to do damage to you, it will "kick box" (as we have all seen thousands of times in real life and via cartoons) but not with the purpose of "punching you" but instead trying to rip open your body with it's hind claws...

They are normally very docile and shy, but in the same breath, not to be messed with.

Imagine one of these bad boys... (meaning the demon roo)

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
            Standard kangaroos, are vicious enough (when they want or need to be) I would hate to have come across one of these.

My wife works with someone, who "some years" ago was riding in a car with her husband.

They hit a kangaroo.

The thing actually came through the windshield, and when it got it's senses back, attempted to get out of the car. In doing so it actually killed her husband with it's hind legs and very nasty claws.

What they tell you here at various parks etc, is if a Roo has the inclanation to do damage to you, it will "kick box" (as we have all seen thousands of times in real life and via cartoons) but not with the purpose of "punching you" but instead trying to rip open your body with it's hind claws...

They are normally very docile and shy, but in the same breath, not to be messed with.

with teeth

Comment

Well, practically all animals have the capability to be dangerous in one way or another.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

Comment

with fangs and "hornlike" pertrusions from their jaws
                -- --

Comment

-- --
                  nice edit, im not thinking

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                    Well, practically all animals have the capability to be dangerous in one way or another.
                    True, but how many can gut you with one swoop of the leg... not too many I would have thought.

Although Aussieland does have a couple, the Roo (as mentioned) and the CASSOWARY , about 5-6 feet tall and claws like razors. It gets ugly quick when these get angry.

Comment

They hit a kangaroo.

Thats scary as hell! Rip your chest open with its hind claws? Not the cute and cuddly animal we thought!
                      MMA News
                      MMA News 247

Comment

True, but how many can gut you with one swoop of the leg... not too many I would have thought.

Although Aussieland does have a couple, the Roo (as mentioned) and the CASSOWARY , about 5-6 feet tall and claws like razors. It gets ugly quick when these get angry.
                        Isnt that an Emu? Looks more like an Emu to me and Ive heard they can beat the crap outta ya and are extremely dangerous.
                        MMA News
                        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                          Isnt that an Emu? Looks more like an Emu to me and Ive heard they can beat the crap outta ya and are extremely dangerous.
                          No, THIS, is an Emu... they make the most disturbing burping/gurgling sound you have ever heard. It sounds like they are about to open up a can of whoop-a** on you... I hate them.

Cassowaries are about the same size, but apparantly more ferocious than an Emu. Come in contact with an Emu and most times they run away (unless there are babies about), but Cassowaries will start trouble from what I have been told.

My wife has a couple good stories of Cassowaries up north, chasing and ripping people up.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                            Thats scary as hell! Rip your chest open with its hind claws? Not the cute and cuddly animal we thought!
                            Don't get me wrong they are lovely animals. There is a place we go about 15 minutes from here where you can take a lunch and sit in this large grassed area, you can buy little food pellets ($.50 a bag) to feed the dozens of roos around.

They just laze around, waiting for people to feed them, soaking up the sunshine.

Their fur is so amazingly soft, and they kind of feel like a horse when you feed them, fuzzy snouts and what not. What's fun is pouring water in your hand and letting them lick it... good fun.

But like many things when they are provoked or scared... well ya know.
                            Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 07-13-2006, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X