10 reasons why it's better to be single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kapaibro
    Please note that this is NOT a singles vs couples thread.

It is merely pointing out some reasons that a person might enjoy being single over being in a couple.

Let's try not to turn this into an us vs them scenario

okay my post has been deleted....altho my post wasnt about us vs them....

I deleted it cause I mentioned things about my single and married friends...
    Last edited by KCLadyFan; 07-13-2006, 06:36 PM.
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
      okay my post has been deleted....altho my post wasnt about us vs them....

I deleted it cause I mentioned things about my single and married friends...
      You didn't have to delete it, but I get why you did
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
        You didn't have to delete it, but I get why you did

I know I didnt have to.....I chose to.....
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Sex with a spouse

vs

sex with an unknown STD partner

hmmmmmm......
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
            Sex with a spouse

vs

sex with an unknown STD partner

hmmmmmm......

Ever heard of condoms?

Comment

At times I enjoy being single. Usually, I don't. Certainly not miserable though.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                I agree, being single is better than being tied down by marriage. Furthermore have you seen how expensive getting married is? People that take professional photos charge $1k + for a mere 60 photos ... $2k + for photos and a photobook !!!

It is insane!!
                If you think getting married is expensive...get divorced. The average divorce costs 15 grand. That's not counting what you lose with the house and child support. That's hundreds of thousands of dollars. And 50% of marriages end in divorce.

I say take that money (5-7 grand from the wedding, the 15 grand from the divorce, and the 200 grand you lose on child support and the house), go to Vegas and put it all on black. You'll either make out or make your life miserable. 50-50.

Comment

Speaking as a person who has experienced both sides, married for almost 13 years, now divorced. I miss having that person to come home to. Having that person to share things with. Having that person to jump up out of nowhere for trips to the mountains or where ever your heart desires. (Selfish part: sex whenever the hell ya want it ) Sharing dreams, sharing life, sitting outside on a Saturday night, letting a cool breeze blow through while talking of the future of our daughters. It's mostly the little things that I miss.

Then again, things I don't miss: Having to report to someone on where I'm at, what I buy, what I do with my time to fulfil my wishes and dreams. I don't miss living in his shadow. I don't miss constantly putting him in front of me. I like my independence now. I don't miss the fighting. I like having control of the remote control!

Right now, I'm enjoying being single. I know I don't want to be single forever, but I also know I needed to grow as a person before giving myself like I did when I was married. Biggest piece of advice for youngsters...don't marry young. You aren't the person you will be 5 years from now, people grow apart as they form who they are to become. Enjoy your youth, there's plenty of time to enjoy being married.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                    Speaking as a person who has experienced both sides, married for almost 13 years, now divorced. I miss having that person to come home to. Having that person to share things with. Having that person to jump up out of nowhere for trips to the mountains or where ever your heart desires. (Selfish part: sex whenever the hell ya want it ) Sharing dreams, sharing life, sitting outside on a Saturday night, letting a cool breeze blow through while talking of the future of our daughters. It's mostly the little things that I miss.

Then again, things I don't miss: Having to report to someone on where I'm at, what I buy, what I do with my time to fulfil my wishes and dreams. I don't miss living in his shadow. I don't miss constantly putting him in front of me. I like my independence now. I don't miss the fighting. I like having control of the remote control!

Right now, I'm enjoying being single. I know I don't want to be single forever, but I also know I needed to grow as a person before giving myself like I did when I was married. Biggest piece of advice for youngsters...don't marry young. You aren't the person you will be 5 years from now, people grow apart as they form who they are to become. Enjoy your youth, there's plenty of time to enjoy being married.
                    I got married at 27 and am a different person now at 35.
                    I could not agree with you more GEM. I have been married for almost 8 years and although with two young children 4 1/2 and 3, things can and will change. As long as you and your spouse can communicate with each other things usually work out. At least that is what we all hope.
                    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                      I got married at 27 and am a different person now at 35.
                      I could not agree with you more GEM. I have been married for almost 8 years and although with two young children 4 1/2 and 3, things can and will change. As long as you and your spouse can communicate with each other things usually work out. At least that is what we all hope.
                      I went about my marriage very stupidly. We met when I was young, 16, were together from then on. I went from having a sheltering father to having an overpowering spouse. I never really grew up. I didn't take the time to get to know who I am or was. Had huge issues with co-dependancy. I've learned a lot about myself since the split. Finally comfortable in my own skin.
                      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                        I went about my marriage very stupidly. We met when I was young, 16, were together from then on. I went from having a sheltering father to having an overpowering spouse. I never really grew up. I didn't take the time to get to know who I am or was. Had huge issues with co-dependancy. I've learned a lot about myself since the split. Finally comfortable in my own skin.
                        better to find out now than when you are 50 *eek* (too much use of smilies LOL)

I just have this feeling things will turn out well for you.

sorry to be off topic Kap

I do see why she and others would love to be single. It is nice to be able to go to the bathroom without someone always bugging you. (**sarcasm, i wish there was a sarcastic smilie***)

It is also nice to be able to say. Today I want to go golfing or to a Game or whatever you want without having to explain,.

However the full love I get from my Children and wife and the togetherness makes the little irritants seem not so bad!!
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Let's just agree that one should always have safe sex with a new partner!

Gem, the no sharing of the remote is HUGE!

Spending some time to learn to be happy with yourself will make you a better partner, should that be where you want to go in the future!
                          President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                          I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Working...
                          X