X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Coors arrested for DUI - talk about irony

By Felisa Cardona
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Beer magnate and former Republican U.S. Senate candidate Pete Coors was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and is due to appear in court on the charges next Thursday.

A Colorado State Patrol trooper pulled Coors over after he saw him run a stop sign around the corner from his home in Golden about 11:25 p.m. on May 28.

Coors stopped in his driveway and consented to take a Breathalyzer test. He registered a .088, which is slightly above the .08 legal blood-alcohol limit in Colorado.

He was driving a 2004 green Jaguar, court records show.

Coors spokeswoman Kabira Hatland said the 59-year-old was coming home from a friend's wedding in Denver.

"I made a mistake by driving myself home after a friend's wedding celebration," Coors said in a written statement, shortly after news of his arrest was first reported on DenverPost.com. "I should have planned ahead for a ride. For years I've advocated the responsible use of our Company's products. That's still my message, and our Company's message, and it's the right message. I am sorry that I didn't follow it myself."

Coors was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and registering a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit. He was also cited for running the stop sign.
    sigpic

AHAHAHAHHA! irony at its finest.

Hopefully they will end the Coors commercials or something, I hate em! and that stupid song gets stuck in my head!

Comment

dangit what next, the marlboro guy will die from cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
        dangit what next, the marlboro guy will die from cancer?

Those coors commercials r actually pretty good man, hahha
        sigpic

Comment

The girls in the Coors commercials are pretty nice lookin.

Comment

He had better have been drinking a Coors.

Watch it have been a Bud!!

ROFLMAO!!
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Stoped in his own drive way, that has to be the hurt the most

I think the Arresting officer has named

Capt. Miller Budwiser
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander
                Stoped in his own drive way, that has to be the hurt the most

I found that to be pretty pathetic on the part of the officer.

I know they have a job to do, but it would seem that he could have let Coors off with a warning. After all, he wasn't driving drunk once he was in his driveway.

I'm not condoning driving under the influence, but it kind of seems like the officer was after a little fame ("Oh boy, wait 'till the guys back at the precinct hear about this one").

Pete fully cooperated, didn't raise a stink and was already home. Seems like there's more to the arrest than just catching another DUI...

IMO
                sigpic

Comment

Don't drive drunk. Driving drunk magnifies the chances of causing or being in an accident and may lead to someone getting killed.

------- But what is up with this stopping the man in his own driveway?
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                    Don't drive drunk. Driving drunk magnifies the chances of causing or being in an accident and may lead to someone getting killed.

------- But what is up with this stopping the man in his own driveway?
                    I was with a friend once and had that happen. My friend was driving and we pulled into his driveway, then as we are getting out of the car a cop comes flying in from around the corner and gets on his loud speaker yelling at us to stop and get back in the car, like he thought we were running or something. It was all kinda sad and the cop was kindof a ****. He gave him a ticket for not using his turn signal when pulling into his driveway on a sidestreet at 2:00 a.m. There where no other cars around so it's not like he was even potentially putting people in danger. He also got a seatbelt ticket, which I don't get since we had already been out of the car to go in the house when he pulled up and made us get back in. I mean was he supposed to put his seatbelt back on while sitting in his driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      I found that to be pretty pathetic on the part of the officer.

I know they have a job to do, but it would seem that he could have let Coors off with a warning. After all, he wasn't driving drunk once he was in his driveway.

I'm not condoning driving under the influence, but it kind of seems like the officer was after a little fame ("Oh boy, wait 'till the guys back at the precinct hear about this one").

Pete fully cooperated, didn't raise a stink and was already home. Seems like there's more to the arrest than just catching another DUI...

IMO

DWI's suck! I got one when I went to my one and only semester of college, then I had to join the military to grow up. Marines will make you grow up whether you like it or not. Any way, I learned my lesson. That police officer knew who he had and wanted to make a name for himself. Driveway or not the guy broke the law.

Comment

that is messed up. sometimes i hate cops.

i was comming home from a party- totally frikken wated

i lived about 3 miles but was not driving- no way

so i took this goped from the house to ride home (one of those little skateboard things)

anyway i am crusing thru a neighboor hood and eat it right into a bush. (i was on the sidewalk) anyway a freaking cop just happened to be there and gave me a dwai

it was 3 in the moring and i was on a skateboard scooter thing on the sidewalk and rode into a bush and got busted. man that pissed me off-

i didnt know u could get busted with a dui for that- load of crap
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

A typical DUI is double the legal limit. (BAC)

There was obviously some restraint on his part, especially when you consider that he was at a "wedding". (Up until the feds got involved, this would have been a DWAI under Colorado law)

Had his BAC been high, I would slam him, since it wasn't, it seems to me that he made a mistake that is definately forgivable.
                          Last edited by Superchop7; 07-14-2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X