Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've made a decision...

I've made this decision about my life.

This past weekend I went home (up to Indy).
    I spent time with my family & old friends.
    I've talked to them about a lot of things that I have been going through.
    Things really come into perspective when you talk to people that have known you your entire life. I have found myself at a crossroads lately and I have been delaying the choices I have been needing to make.

I have a great job and I am now in a position that I can really excel.
    I have also made the proper arrangements to start recording with my band.
    Gigs & recording will take up my weekends, but my day job is beginning to take priority as I will be traveling a lot over the next few months. Before, I was thinking about moving to another state and taking up my music on a full time basis. I don't think this would be good for my physical or mental health. I would more than likely end up on the wrong side of the road and I don't think that lifestyle would allow me to have a home-life, husband or kids later on without making a HUGE change anyways. Besides, I drink too much when I go on gigs. It bothers my running schedule. I don't remember phone conversations with people that matter to me when I've been drinking. I forget to call peope back & I neglect too many other aspects of my life when I take on the role of full time musician.

So I have decided that I'm going to reverse the priorities for awhile. I'm going to do this job first & the music thing second. I don't want to fight to keep my personal relationships going. I have to get into bed at a decent hour during the week. I have to make my own body top priority from now on instead of getting too drunk to run the next day. I have to save money and settle down (just a little bit).

I love music. I love that life. I don't think I have to give it up 100% to be the person I want to be 20 years down the road. I DO need to grow up. I do need to take more responsibility for my own actions now. I do need to focus on this job because it's going to bring me a lot of money in the long run and it's going to fund the album I want to make. Eventually, I hope it will allow me to have my own label (pipe dream?). I have neglected my own dog over the past few weeks, imagine if I had kids!? I can't do that.

I hope this explains why I haven't spent a lot of time here on the boards.
    Not that I need to explain my actions, but I guess it helps to vent this sort of thing. The big breakthrough for me has been admitting to myself that one day (sooner or later) I do want to get married and have kids. I always denied my own "clock" but it's there and ticking louder every day. It gets lonely coming home to just the dog every afternoon. I talk to a good friend of mine every day who has her son there and I hear how cool it could be to have something other than myself to think about.

I don't really know where to leave this post.... I guess that's all I had to say about all of it.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Any free time I have on the computer is spent tracking down LT and talking to him (who I seem to have become obsessed over). I also talk to Fred the Bunny a lot.

I'm sure I'll be in here bunches come football season.

I just wanted to give my buddies here an update on things.

Hey, you gotta do what makes you happy.

Sounds like your doing that.

My clock was ticking too, but I've been hitting the snooze for 10 years.

I started running again also.

I never do that well at it.

I get shin splints something terrible.

Comment

I have been able to do both pretty much my whole life,dont give up the tunage,it will make you sad down the road..Do weekend gigs and record when you can,there is no rush recording,do a tune here and there and it will work out.
      matt
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        Hey, you gotta do what makes you happy.

Sounds like your doing that.

My clock was ticking too, but I've been hitting the snooze for 10 years.

I started running again also.

I never do that well at it.

I get shin splints something terrible.
        I run. Like it doing it and all 5 of my shins feel like I'm getting shin splints. I keep at it.

Hope all goes well Jewels.
        Last edited by Emancipator; 07-17-2006, 07:11 AM.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

the biggest step for this process is realizing that your not happy with that lifestyle. Too many people ignore or are blind to the fact that they are unhappy for various reasons.

This just shows that your mature enough to take that next step in life, which for alot of people is the hardest step to take. I wish you the best of luck in getting to that "next step" in life
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
            I've made this decision about my life.

This past weekend I went home (up to Indy).
            I spent time with my family & old friends.
            I've talked to them about a lot of things that I have been going through.
            Things really come into perspective when you talk to people that have known you your entire life. I have found myself at a crossroads lately and I have been delaying the choices I have been needing to make.

I have a great job and I am now in a position that I can really excel.
            I have also made the proper arrangements to start recording with my band.
            Gigs & recording will take up my weekends, but my day job is beginning to take priority as I will be traveling a lot over the next few months. Before, I was thinking about moving to another state and taking up my music on a full time basis. I don't think this would be good for my physical or mental health. I would more than likely end up on the wrong side of the road and I don't think that lifestyle would allow me to have a home-life, husband or kids later on without making a HUGE change anyways. Besides, I drink too much when I go on gigs. It bothers my running schedule. I don't remember phone conversations with people that matter to me when I've been drinking. I forget to call peope back & I neglect too many other aspects of my life when I take on the role of full time musician.

So I have decided that I'm going to reverse the priorities for awhile. I'm going to do this job first & the music thing second. I don't want to fight to keep my personal relationships going. I have to get into bed at a decent hour during the week. I have to make my own body top priority from now on instead of getting too drunk to run the next day. I have to save money and settle down (just a little bit).

I love music. I love that life. I don't think I have to give it up 100% to be the person I want to be 20 years down the road. I DO need to grow up. I do need to take more responsibility for my own actions now. I do need to focus on this job because it's going to bring me a lot of money in the long run and it's going to fund the album I want to make. Eventually, I hope it will allow me to have my own label (pipe dream?). I have neglected my own dog over the past few weeks, imagine if I had kids!? I can't do that.

I hope this explains why I haven't spent a lot of time here on the boards.
            Not that I need to explain my actions, but I guess it helps to vent this sort of thing. The big breakthrough for me has been admitting to myself that one day (sooner or later) I do want to get married and have kids. I always denied my own "clock" but it's there and ticking louder every day. It gets lonely coming home to just the dog every afternoon. I talk to a good friend of mine every day who has her son there and I hear how cool it could be to have something other than myself to think about.

I don't really know where to leave this post.... I guess that's all I had to say about all of it.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Any free time I have on the computer is spent tracking down LT and talking to him (who I seem to have become obsessed over). I also talk to Fred the Bunny a lot.

I'm sure I'll be in here bunches come football season.

I just wanted to give my buddies here an update on things.
            Good luck Jewels in whatever decision that you make eventually for yourself.
            Also good luck with you and LT as you two from what I know are excellent for each other.
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
              I run. Like it doing it and all 5 of my shins feel like I'm getting shin splints. I keep at it.

Yeah, but you don't let up sometime, you can get compartment syndrome which is very very bad.

The human body is pretty good at telling one when something isn't right.

Sometimes is better to pay attention to it then ignore it.

Just be carefull and don't over do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                Yeah, but you don't let up sometime, you can get compartment syndrome which is very very bad.

The human body is pretty good at telling one when something isn't right.

Sometimes is better to pay attention to it then ignore it.

Just be carefull and don't over do it.
                True. Good advice.

And Jewels just make sure you are doing what makes you happy. That is important.
                Last edited by Emancipator; 07-17-2006, 07:27 AM.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

glad to see you finally realising what makes you truly happy...

i to have also sorta began such a quest... as i noticed my personal priorities fade and mix up in a manner that is not right for the people i neglected or me...

so i to spend much less time on here since last week fixing things that i have been putting off for way too long...

good luck to everything you do and plan to do as you deserve only the best...

but then again you like LT.... so maybe you are still a little messed up...

i dont know...

say hi to your mom for me...

sigpic

Comment

You are doing a better job at every part of your life than you give yourself credit for. I know that I don't see everything, but you have friends that REALLY care about you, a family that REALLY cares about you, a great job, a great band, and a pretty decent thing going with some random guy.

Things may not be perfect, but you are doing ok. I swear it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                      You are doing a better job at every part of your life than you give yourself credit for. I know that I don't see everything, but you have friends that REALLY care about you, a family that REALLY cares about you, a great job, a great band, and a pretty decent thing going with some random guy.

is that little shmackeruu of a kiss for me???

sigpic

Comment

Who told you about Anton?

You must be at home.
                        And it's always right when I'm getting ready to leave that you show up here or on IM. It pisses me off this timing thing we've got (or not got).

Grrrr.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels
                          Who told you about Anton?

You must be at home.
                          And it's always right when I'm getting ready to leave that you show up here or on IM. It pisses me off this timing thing we've got (or not got).

Grrrr.......
                          At work, about to start training someone.... doubt I'll be around.

Don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later.

Comment

At work, about to start training someone.... doubt I'll be around.

Don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

its a non-kodak moment!!!!!
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X