Let Us Hold Hands And Save The World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Us Hold Hands And Save The World

here are some things you can do (you can give more suggestions too)

*unplug electronics from the wall when you're not using them
    cellphone chargers, hair dryers, and other stuff....
    the energy used to keep memory chips working accounts for 5 percent of total domestic energy consumption and spews 18 million tons of carbon into the atmosphere every year....

*use less hot water
    it takes alot of energy to heat water!!! and almost as much as it does to iron out courtney loves plastic face...

*walk...bike...transit...carpool
    have a low carb diet .....carbon dioxide that is

*replace incandescent with fluorescent lightbulbs
    saves up to 60% energy!!!

im no hippie....

but i like to do my bit...

sigpic

Originally posted by anton1287

the energy used to keep memory chips working accounts for 5 percent of total domestic energy consumption and spews 18 million tons of carbon into the atmosphere every year....

*use less hot water
    it takes alot of energy to heat water!!! and almost as much as it does to iron out courtney loves plastic face...

im no hippie....

hippie.............

Instead of speeding at 85 on the highway, speed at 80. You'll get better gas mileage.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287

*use less hot water

im no hippie....

hippie...

turn off the water while you are brushing your teeth/washing hands

replace your shower heads and faucets with water efficient ones.

Install new insulation in your walls to reduce the amount of heat needed for your house.

I can go on and on.....I go to school in Boulder, this is all they practically talk about.

Comment

If it's Yellow- Let it Mellow

If it's Brown- Flush it Down

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
          hippie.............

Instead of speeding at 85 on the highway, speed at 80. You'll get better gas mileage.
          hippie...

On that note, also make sure your tires are fully inflated, you have a clean air filter and well tuned car. It will improve gas mileage and make your car run cleaner.

I'm all for improved gas mileage!
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

Hey, I'm on the tail-spin of earth's mega-change (loss of natural oils/gases), I'm gonna enjoy all of it as much as I can

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
            - Carl Sagan

Comment

Save the whales, harpoon a fat chick.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

If I was meant to help save the world then some mutant grasshopper or something would bite me and give me super powers.

Until then I will let the government get it done. That is after all what I pay them for.

Comment

Just installed a new Bosch hot water (waterless tank) system in our home. Suppose to save on both water and gas . I havnt noticed it yet, but I do love having the hot water on demand.

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                    Just installed a new Bosch hot water (waterless tank) system in our home. Suppose to save on both water and gas . I havnt noticed it yet, but I do love having the hot water on demand.
                    isnt that the norm??

like when one says to a hot water tap...

GOOOO HOT...

and its there???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan-13
                      Save the whales, harpoon a fat chick.

i owe you a cp...

except i dont know how wale saving will help the planet....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                        If it's Yellow- Let it Mellow

If it's Brown- Flush it Down

thats the spirit...

nothing like a well aged and full bodied flush...

sigpic

Comment

isnt that the norm??
                          No it wasnt..
                          With our old water heater system you had to wait a minute of two for the water to get hot, and once the water was gone you had to wait 15-20 minutes for it to fill up again..
                          Now when you turn on the hot water. Its HOT from the get-go. (no waste) and it doesnt run out.. It also takes up less space then the old style water heaters.. They're not cheap, but Id recommend them to anyone intrested.. Here in Calif. they're even offering a tax rebate of $600.00 if you have it installed before the end of the year.. My cost was about a $1500. installed which btw has to be done by a licensed plumber..

Comment

Also, while driving on the highway, you'll get better gas mileage by keeping the windows up and using the A/C.

Also, use cruise control!!!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                              Also, while driving on the highway, you'll get better gas mileage by keeping the windows up and using the A/C.

Also, use cruise control!!!
                              That is very true. I started using the A/C instead of rolling down my windows on my weekend drive and it saves me about a 1/4 of a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X