UNC Alum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC Alum?

hey guys just wondering if theres any UNC ( northern colorado) alum wondering around the boards who could tell me a little something about the school. just random reasons why i should or shouldnt go there. im seriously considering it as a choice for school, probably to major in Music Ed. any help would be great! Thanx guys!!!!
    Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Originally posted by AvsFan26
    hey guys just wondering if theres any UNC ( northern colorado) alum wondering around the boards who could tell me a little something about the school. just random reasons why i should or shouldnt go there. im seriously considering it as a choice for school, probably to major in Music Ed. any help would be great! Thanx guys!!!!
    I'm not a UNC alum, but my cousins went there and they seemed to do well and enjoy it. It seems like a decent school.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by AvsFan26
      I dont go there but it was voted the best college to atend in Colorado last year.
      sigpic
      Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

I attended there most of my school career (before I moved to Indiana).
        The school and the grounds are very nice, very clean. Over on the east side of campus (where the music school is), a lot of the building are older, brick, with big trees. On the other side of campus, the buildings are square and kind of ugly.

The rec center is great. They have a huge pool, rock wall, and lots of workout equipment. There are always classes from strengthening your abs to step workouts. Its on the far side of campus from the music area, but close enough you can walk.

The cafateria food is not too horrible. If you can get into one of the dorm housing on the music side, it will be easier for you.

If you can get into Lawrenson Hall...thats the place to live. Its the 17 story building on campus. Usually non-tradional and 2nd year students live there. They are two bedroom, 1 bath apartments with a small kitchen and living room.

I was a meteorology major, so Lawrenson was great for me. Ross Hall (the science building) is right behind it.

If you get financial aid, keep a close eye. Like most schools, they can mess it up (though I didnt have any problems.)

And if you get parking tickets, pay them. I used to let my fin aid get them....but then they changed the rule you have to pay them before your fin aid will go through.
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

thanks guys!! BroncFan, funny story about the parking tickets, my sister takes tuba lessons from the proffesor up there, and ill grab a trumpet lesson every once and a while to. well my dad would always drop us off there, but when we asked him if he wanted to park and show us around, he refused. as it turns out, he had collected about 6 parking tickets during his time there and hadnt paid a single one! he was nervous that the campus police still had him on record lol!!!!!
          Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

I can always tell when it's gonna snow in Boulder because it will start to smell like Greeley... No joke-- Every thursday or friday they incinerate their Cow leftovers, launching that loveley stockyard smell into the atmosphere for everyone within 100 miles to enjoy...

I hear UNC has great education and music programs respectively though... My cousin live in Ft. Collins and commutes to UNC for school.

Comment

yeah the smell is terrible lol but from what i've heard you just get used to it. i'm also keeping CU in the back of my mind, but right now it seems more and more like im gonna go ahead and go to UNC.

Comment

Working...
              X