Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superchop7
    Great thread,

It's funny how we picture people to be, then you meet them and realize how off you were.

When I met JWinn (needed a part for his wifes car) I pictured him to be a preppy businessman, instead, he was a regular guy that would fit right in with the boys at the bar.

He was probably expecting a hot headed pony tailed indian, and instead found a mellow caucasian looking guy. (I am not full blooded, but a member nonetheless)

He did mention that I didn't have my "Chevy" attire on. (and ruin it working ? no way)

Although I am confrontational on the boards, in real life I have better things to do than argue.

As far as what I write, unless I am trying to be humorous (and it's fairly obvious the comment was for a chuckle), I tell the truth.
    yeah...

thats what intrigues me...

how i have a built up mental picture of everyone that i talk to on here...

mainly based on the manner in which they post and type of personalities they "should" have...

and ive seen pics..

and they are nothing what i expected...

it just mind boggling how some personalities really dont match faces and things...

Last edited by anton1287; 07-25-2006, 11:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
      In some ways, I think that the internet person that you see is more real than the real person that many people present. The internet is the type of place where an identity can be made and erased on a notice and there are no longterm consequences to causing trouble. I mean, you don't have to "see" anybody on here if you don't like.

I think that most people are a bit more open on the web. I think that you see people express their genuine feelings on the web.

On the other hand, this medium of expression has trouble capturing some facets of our personality. People can't catch somebody's quick wit or you can't sit down with the person and play a game of chess on the spot. Heck, we're not even allowed to have political debates and I'll never sing an off-key, made-up-on-the-spot song to any of you like I do with my real friends. I'll never play a real game of football with you guys, probably or play a game of four square.

So, in some ways, you guys see me and get an idea of who I am, but I don't think that you can see all of who I am based on this limited medium of communication that is the internet.
      very true...

i think of myself as a quick witted and seemingly random individual who is upbeat and so forth...

but typing it on here really does not portray what im trying to say or who i am all that well...

most of my comments will have a smilie attached to it because im trying to elaborate the manner in which i am saying something...

i mean i suck on the phone also...

but people tend to understand me very well in person..

cos the gestures and what have you...

but yah...

limited mediums and chess...

i like chess...

but havent played in like 8 years...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
        very true...

i think of myself as a quick witted and seemingly random individual who is upbeat and so forth...

but typing it on here really does not portray what im trying to say or who i am all that well...

most of my comments will have a smilie attached to it because im trying to elaborate the manner in which i am saying something...

i mean i suck on the phone also...

but people tend to understand me very well in person..

cos the gestures and what have you...

but yah...

limited mediums and chess...

i like chess...

but havent played in like 8 years...

I was going to say go, but I don't think most people here probably know what go is. Well, maybe they do, but it's not as popular in the western world and certainly not in the US.

But, personally, I prefer the game of go. It's a very fun game.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I was going to say go, but I don't think most people here probably know what go is. Well, maybe they do, but it's not as popular in the western world and certainly not in the US.

But, personally, I prefer the game of go. It's a very fun game.
          is there a link to info on this game??
          cos ive never heard of it...

does it involve fast moving cars...

blindfolds...

and traffic lights??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton1287
            is there a link to info on this game??
            cos ive never heard of it...

does it involve fast moving cars...

blindfolds...

and traffic lights??

It's a popular board game in Japan, Korea and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game)

There's the wiki entry for the game.

It's called Baduk in Korean and Weiqi in Chinese and igo or go in Japanese.

English usually call it go.

It's the game that takes 30 minutes to learn, but 30 years to master.

Eh, read the wiki. They have a lot of interesting information.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

It's a popular board game in Japan, Korea and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game)

There's the wiki entry for the game.

It's called Baduk in Korean and Weiqi in Chinese and igo or go in Japanese.

English usually call it go.

It's the game that takes 30 minutes to learn, but 30 years to master.

Eh, read the wiki. They have a lot of interesting information.
              wow...

that game is crazy...

and seems really geeky...

so i may just leave that to you...

sigpic

Comment

Well, Al, don't blame us if you don't have the mental aptitude to understand what us Broncos fans say. Maybe you should send Art Shell over here. At least he knows the positions that teams are using these days. Did you know that we're not using the single wing offense anymore??

(Kind of smack, but. . . well. . . it was fun.)
                Hold on, type this again, I couldn't hear on a count of I didn't have my hearing aid in.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X