Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

invasion of privacy? I might be ranting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invasion of privacy? I might be ranting...

OK. So. I just found out that somehow my brother has been reading all of my files on the computer...including journal entries, saved emails, letters, AIM convos etc. We have an XP and somehow he is able to read my stuff, and I change my password all the time, and generally there is no way he could figure them out. I don't know how he can see them unless he knows my password, but he doesn't.

Does anyone know HOW he's able to read my stuff? And how I can block it some how? I just feel like he has invaded my privacy and I'm pretty mad. My mom doesn't seem to think its a problem because "I have nothing to hide" but I don't care if he's reading an essay I wrote for school, its the fact that he's reading my files thats making me mad. Only me and my dad are computer admins on our XP if that will help solve the problem. I just need some help here...
    ...capture it...remember it...

If it's saved as a document anyone can read it.

I would delete it from there and move it to somewhere like MySpace, facebook, etc.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

Oh okay. Thanks. I'm just so annoyed, on the XP users guide it says "no more embarassment when someone reads your files" UM YEAH RIGHT!

Comment

you should be able to password protect, any documents you put through word or simmilar.
        When your saving it, there is an option in the save as part.
        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

ok cool. I'll see if I can figure that out...I hope I'm not to computer retarded! LOL.

Comment

if he can log on to the admin account he might be able to look at your files.

Also, make sure none of your files are in the shared document folder, or anyone on your computer can view them.

Other options would be to right click on your folders, click "properties", make it either private so only you can view it or make it hidden.

I'm not sure if that will work, but its worth a shot.

I also suggest beating him up, like with a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
              if he can log on to the admin account he might be able to look at your files.

Also, make sure none of your files are in the shared document folder, or anyone on your computer can view them.

Other options would be to right click on your folders, click "properties", make it either private so only you can view it or make it hidden.

I'm not sure if that will work, but its worth a shot.

I also suggest beating him up, like with a bat.
              Beating him up has crossed my mind, but the thing is...he's a 6'4" 15 year old who plays football and baseball (I think he'd be able to get the bat out of my hands) and I don't think I could hurt him...because even though I'm his "big" sister...thats only because of age...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
                Beating him up has crossed my mind, but the thing is...he's a 6'4" 15 year old who plays football and baseball (I think he'd be able to get the bat out of my hands) and I don't think I could hurt him...because even though I'm his "big" sister...thats only because of age...
                Nobody is too tough without kneecaps!

Comment

get a zip storage...about twenty bucks and can save megabytes on it,,,,,plus take it anywhere and access from anycomputer ...save all your stuff on it, and pull it out when you go
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                    get a zip storage...about twenty bucks and can save megabytes on it,,,,,plus take it anywhere and access from anycomputer ...save all your stuff on it, and pull it out when you go
                    Good idea. I have one and its very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                      I've seen those, they are actually pretty cool and would probably come in handy not only to help with the privacy issue, but to have for school....I might have to get one.

Comment

*Cough*kick*cough*his*cough*crotch*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                          *Cough*kick*cough*his*cough*crotch*cough*
                          Yeah...i know...but that usually gets me in trouble...and I dont like when i get in trouble! LOL. He always over-acts when I do that...hes an a**.

Comment

Yeah...i know...but that usually gets me in trouble...and I dont like when i get in trouble! LOL. He always over-acts when I do that...hes an a**.

Oooooooooh, no. There is no overacting when it comes to that, that hurts like a *****....
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

Yes you can never overact if you get kicked in the nards

Comment

Working...
                              X