A Tale of a Friday Night Adventure!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of a Friday Night Adventure!!!

What follows is a true story about what turned out to be a most interesting night.

It started around midnight when a couple of friends of mine came over to visit. We spent a little while talking and putting together pirate ships and playing with a bouncy ball.

Well, let me just say that one of them was a new friend and that the other was an old friend. The old friend offered to let the new friend stay at her house, but there wasn't room for both in her house, so the old friend decided to stay at my house. So, they came over to my house. I, of course, allowed my old friend a place to stay, but I had to walk my new friend to my old friend's house because the city is no place for a lady to walk alone. (I live right off of cheesman park. Not the worst neighborhood, but not the best either. )

Anyway, at 2AM, I ventured out, walking my new friend to my old friend's house. We started to walk through the park, but then the sprinklers turned on and after getting a bit wet we ended up going around the park. The rest of the walk was uneventful (Though it's good that I was there because there were a lot of people out. Sitting in their cars with their lights off. It was an eery atmosphere with shirtless guys walking past.) I helped my new friend carry some stuff into my old friend's house and bid her farewell.

This time, on the journey back to my house, I decided to walk around the park to avoid the sprinklers. (Normally, I'd walk through it.) If I hadn't walked around the park, as I normally would, what was to follow would have never happened.

And what did happen was that I was walking down the street minding my own business when I walked past a man yelling at a crying woman. He was telling her to get into the house and pulling her arm to force her to go. I see this and I ask, "Are you alright ma'am??" She says, "No, I'm not alright. He punched me in the face. He's been abusing me." At that point, she runs behind me. Of course, as you'd expect, he wasn't too happy. He said, "I never hit her!!! She's making it up!!! She's been drinking and I just want to get her home."

At this point, I didn't know who to believe. She was clearly drunk (Very drunk) and I've known of people to lie about being abused before to play for sympathy, but still, as I saw it, even if he was telling the absolute truth, he was forcing her to stay with him that night when she didn't want to. He was controlling her without leaving her a choice and that alone was abuse.

So, I told him, "Look, think of if you were me. You see a man pulling a crying struggling woman against her will. What would you do?? I can't just stand by. Can't you just let her go for tonight??"

She said, "My mother just came back from South Korea today. I want to go home to my mothers'."

So, I said, "Can't you just let her go home for tonight to visit her mom 'til things settle a bit??"

She interrupted, "He won't let me go. He says that he'll kill my kittens".

Anyway, at this point I see a passer-by and he's watching intently. I wave at him and he comes over. And asks, "What's going on??" She tells him that he punched her in the face just like she did me and that she wants to go home. The passer-by takes her aside. He says to her, "Look, calm down. This guy can't do anything to you. This guy right here". . . He points to me. . . "Probably has 100 pounds on that guy and I'm a huge homosexual (Not the word he used, but you get the idea), so you can relax with us. There's no need to fear." She says that he's going to kill her cats and he goes inside and says, "I'm going to let your cats go out here and they'll run away."

I say, "Yes, please bring her cats out." And he goes inside and holds one over the balcony. "Here catch!!!", he yells.

It kind of continues in this manner for a little while. I tell the homosexual fellow to call the police. He does, but they don't ever show up.

The homosexual fellow says that his partner is drunk and wandering around the streets and that he absolutely needs to find him. So, the three of us get into the his car. We drive around looking for his partner. He gets a call from his partner who is VERY drunk. He asks his partner to tell him where he's at and his partner has no idea whatsoever where he is. He's just wandering around on the streets right by Cheesman park. The sober homosexual fellow talks to his partner.

His partner tells him useless information like, "There is a house with a red door nearby." And, "There is an SUV." He asks his partner to find an intersection. We drive around for a good while waiting for his partner to successfully tell us where he is. Finally we find his partner who is a tiny fellow that was something like 5'2" and probably about 110 pounds.

We contact a person who can come pick up the lady and I get a ride home.

By the time I get home it is 3:30, but my adrenaline has been flowing and I'm not a bit tired. I stay up with my friend until about 4:30 until I can get some sleep.

I feel happy for helping that girl out of her situation and for finding that homosexual fellow's drunk partner.

In the end, everything worked out, but I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 and I had to be to work this morning at 7AM. And, now, I am beginning a double shift with virtually no sleep.

Anyway, that's my story of last night. I feel great for helping that girl out who was in an abusive situation. I figure that helping one person in situation like that was worth being deadly tired today at work.

Thanks for hearing my tale. I just had to get it off of my chest. It was quite a night.
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 07-29-2006, 08:31 AM.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Wow... I hate working doubles on almost no sleep... but you do what you gotta do, man.

And that would be
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
      Wow... I hate working doubles on almost no sleep... but you do what you gotta do, man.

And that would be
      Vivarin.

I can't stand coffee, so I take the Vivarin which is really just a caffeine pill. Each pill has a comparable amount of caffeine to a cup of coffee.

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

thats pretty col AO, i admire what you did.
        Now explain to me how did the supposed "abuser" handled everything? did he just go back inside or what.
        Blet

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
          thats pretty col AO, i admire what you did.
          Now explain to me how did the supposed "abuser" handled everything? did he just go back inside or what.
          Well, he kept on trying to force her inside and kept on promising to kick my ass, but he never really tried (I'm pretty large. People really don't try to kick my ass).

I wasn't sure if he was really an abuser until he kept promising to kill the kittens if she didn't come inside with him. And she did have some blood on her pants.

What was really weird was that his mom kept on trying to talk her into coming inside.

Maybe there was more to the story, but all that I knew was that the situation was not one that she should have to endure. He was clearly not being rational.

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
            Vivarin.

I can't stand coffee, so I take the Vivarin which is really just a caffeine pill. Each pill has a comparable amount of caffeine to a cup of coffee.
            I'm a pop guy myself, but the works pretty well for me on the boards.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm a pop guy myself, but the works pretty well for me on the boards.
              Yeah, is pretty popular on these boards. I try to abstain and instead partake in .

I like the taste of pop too, but I don't think it's calorically worth the intake.

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Totally crazy story! I'm glad you stuck up for that lady! And helped the nice couple! You're a good person! But you live by Cheesman Park! Ah! Ghosties!!
                ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  Yeah, is pretty popular on these boards. I try to abstain and instead partake in .

I like the taste of pop too, but I don't think it's calorically worth the intake.
                  calorically.... if we were scrabbling, I would challenge that.

But we're not. And I drink Diet.

I've been known for my , so I try and save it for when it's needed most.

Everyone knows my favorite drink is
                  Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic

Comment

Great job being a good samaritan, Owl.

Life doesn't usually get that exciting in small-town, Arkansas!
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

calorically.... if we were scrabbling, I would challenge that.

But we're not. And I drink Diet.

I've been known for my , so I try and save it for when it's needed most.

Everyone knows my favorite drink is
                      And you'd lose that challenge.

I'm pretty darn good at scrabble.

Originally posted by tnedator
                      Great job being a good samaritan, Owl.

Life doesn't usually get that exciting in small-town, Arkansas!
                      Thanks tned, I like to think I was a good samaritan there. I felt great for helping her out like that.

Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
                      Totally crazy story! I'm glad you stuck up for that lady! And helped the nice couple! You're a good person! But you live by Cheesman Park! Ah! Ghosties!!
                      Meh.

I don't believe in ghosts at all, but I realize that ex-cemetary spooks some people out.

It's just good that the night ended well. And now, my sleepless double shift is just about over.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Cheesemen Park ?????

What a man.

(for Gods sake, we have sunk to a new low)
                        Last edited by Superchop7; 07-29-2006, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7
                          Cheesemen Park ?????

What a man.

(for Gods sake, we have sunk to a new low)
                          Hmmm. . .

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but yeah, it was right by Cheesman park.

Are you afraid of those ghosts, too??

I've walked through that park on many occasions at all hours and I've never seen any ghosts, so even if ghosts exist, I don't think you'll see them in the park.

It's just that the park used to be a cemetary. That's where the legend of it being haunted comes from. And it's said that when the grass is turning green in spring, rectangles of land where there are still bodies to fertilize turn green fastest, but I've gone out there when the grass is turning green and I've never noticed this. And, even if there are bodies still under the ground, I doubt that they could really affect the grass because they are buried at least six feet deep and grass roots never quite go that deep.

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X