X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulcan
    Keith Haring is one of the best, and well-known graffiti artists. He was born in my town.
    wow...

he is great!!!!

some of the most intricate and blended imagery ive seen...

and he does it with a can...

WOW!!!

here is a sample...

http://erewhon.ticonuno.it/inverno2005/img/mn_04.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    Keith Haring is one of the best, and well-known graffiti artists. He was born in my town.

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    i also found this...

and i think this is just amazing that someone can do that with a can and some skill...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...lutherking.jpg

maybe a few more paint sniffing cool dudes should take a page out of this book....

and perhaps use teir time to represent their community and or empower them in a productive manner...

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgFanatic
    i graffiti....
    do you just put your name on poles???

or do you actually have skill and make great looking feature walls??

cos i must say that some worn down and boring neighbourhoods can be lifted up by some great work...

but i have never seen anything produscive by john smith saything that he was here or thnks that he won this piece of wall!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Those are cool, but some idiot will come along and tag

Mik waz ere

on it!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    I like it when someone does something that's actually demonstrative of talent, but that mindless tagging is bl**dy annoying. Especially on a newly painted building.

Leave a comment:

• Archimedes Owl
    replied
    To me, it's ok as long as you aren't defacing somebody else's property. If you are tagging the side of your own building or with permission of whoever's property you are painting on, then you have done nothing wrong, but otherwise it's just another form of vandalism.

I don't think that the fact that some people vandalize others' property spells the decline of civilization itself or anything, but it isn't a nice thing to do. Damaging the property of others just isn't cool.

Leave a comment:

• alwilson91
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgFanatic
    i graffiti....
    How enlightening.....

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    They do it for fun.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Graffiti is as old as civilization. Graffiti has been found on Egyptian, Roman, and Babylonian ruins. People just do it - I'm not about to get into why. It is for different reasons.

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by anton1287
    patterns are cool...

i like lines...

but i dont like self perverted freaks who put their name on every pole cos it makes them a real man...

:shake:
    i graffiti....

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_girl47
    I hate it whn people tag things around here, and especially in Denver because its such a nice city and it just makes it look sloppy. The only graffitti I actually enjoy is on the trains. Just because I live really close to the tracks so I get stopped by trains a lot and it helps the wait go by quicker when you can look at the graffitti. Some of it looks kinda cool, it amazes me how you can make such interesting patterns with spray...
    patterns are cool...

i like lines...

but i dont like self perverted freaks who put their name on every pole cos it makes them a real man...

:shake:

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_girl47
    replied
    I hate it whn people tag things around here, and especially in Denver because its such a nice city and it just makes it look sloppy. The only graffitti I actually enjoy is on the trains. Just because I live really close to the tracks so I get stopped by trains a lot and it helps the wait go by quicker when you can look at the graffitti. Some of it looks kinda cool, it amazes me how you can make such interesting patterns with spray...

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncofan-13
    Honestly, I have seen some beautiful graffiti. I mean true works of art. It doesnt mean I condone defacing public property, but I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. Its not all eyesore.
    true that...

some are great works of art...

and some are representative of the community....

some are really beautiful and powerful in meaning...

but im talking about "tagging"...

and there is and never should be a time and place for that!!!

Leave a comment:

• Broncofan-13
    replied
    Honestly, I have seen some beautiful graffiti. I mean true works of art. It doesnt mean I condone defacing public property, but I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into it. Its not all eyesore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X