Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image Hosting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tnedator
    LOL, but you will always be first.

    This whole random signatures.co or whatever it is has now opened it up to everyone. It used to be that you had to have a little scripting knowledge, a website, etc. Now, poof it happens just by hitting upload

    I have spent more hours than I care to admit getting mine the way I like them.
    Haha.

    Actually, mine was pretty basic. I just loaded the images into a directory with names like A1.gif A2.gif A3.gif A1.jpg A2.jpg A1.png. . .

    Then I rotated through them not even random, but with modular division and time.

    But still, it's just the thought of it.

    Oh, and my favourite part was that I named my files as cgi, so I had to trick the boards into recognizing them as image files.

    http://www.something.com/bob.cgi/porcupine.gif

    The browser ignores porcupine.gif, but the boards use that last bit to check and make sure that the file is an image file.

    Tricky, eh.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

    . . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
      Haha.

      http://www.something.com/bob.cgi/porcupine.gif

      The browser ignores porcupine.gif, but the boards use that last bit to check and make sure that the file is an image file.

      Tricky, eh.
      Clever. I stole some PHP code from numerous 'how to' sites and then added in quite a bit of my own code to get it to do just what I wanted.

      In PHP, you can simply add this to the top of the code:

      header ("Content-type: image/png");

      and it will tell PHP that even though the file name is broncsigs.png, parse and execute the PHP code in the file. This way, all external sites see it as an image (which it does ultimately return an image), but the webserver will still execute the PHP code, without having .php at the end.

      I have never done anything with CGI and only stratched the surface with some DB and a few other things in PHP, so I wind up having to do a lot of trial and error on this stuff.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by tnedator
        Clever. I stole some PHP code from numerous 'how to' sites and then added in quite a bit of my own code to get it to do just what I wanted.

        In PHP, you can simply add this to the top of the code:

        header ("Content-type: image/png");

        and it will tell PHP that even though the file name is broncsigs.png, parse and execute the PHP code in the file. This way, all external sites see it as an image (which it does ultimately return an image), but the webserver will still execute the PHP code, without having .php at the end.

        I have never done anything with CGI and only stratched the surface with some DB and a few other things in PHP, so I wind up having to do a lot of trial and error on this stuff.
        It's the same with CGI. I mean, it just outputs the HTTP headers at the top and hearders are headers, but the board softwhere checks to make sure that the file type ends in .gif .jpg or .png. So, I was tricking the board software with that.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

        . . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tnedator
          Just trying to do proper Bronco-missionary work and convert the heathen Chief's fans.
          I appreciate the effort.....
          Tony G


          The Chefs

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by KCLadyFan
            I appreciate the effort.....
            So, are you ready to convert? Someone posted a file with about 300 Bronco pictures!!!
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tnedator
              So, are you ready to convert? Someone posted a file with about 300 Bronco pictures!!!

              no...not at this time.....

              BTW-Like my sig pix?
              Tony G


              The Chefs

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                no...not at this time.....

                BTW-Like my sig pix?
                Don't fully recognize the guy. Is that the ex-wrestler that played in the movie Walking Tall?
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tnedator
                  Don't fully recognize the guy. Is that the ex-wrestler that played in the movie Walking Tall?

                  Now I know.....you know better than that.....they don't look alike except maybe
                  their bods...lol....


                  here have a look.....


                  http://tonygonzalez88.com/davidsharpstudios2.html.jpg


                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9star/rock.jpg
                  Tony G


                  The Chefs

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                    Now I know.....you know better than that.....they don't look alike except maybe
                    their bods...lol....


                    here have a look.....


                    http://tonygonzalez88.com/davidsharpstudios2.html.jpg


                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9star/rock.jpg
                    So, that's the Rock your sig
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tnedator
                      So, that's the Rock your sig

                      you better stop it....lol....now would I have the Rock in my sig???
                      Tony G


                      The Chefs

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                        you better stop it....lol....now would I have the Rock in my sig???
                        Isn't he a Chief's fan? I thought he grew up in Wichita...
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tnedator
                          Isn't he a Chief's fan? I thought he grew up in Wichita...


                          I don't know anything about him....heres some info if your really interested...

                          This is the Rock.....not Tony....

                          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/bio
                          Tony G


                          The Chefs

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                            I don't know anything about him....heres some info if your really interested...

                            This is the Rock.....not Tony....

                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/bio
                            Hmmm, California, isn't that just east of Wichita?

                            Ok, i'm busted. Your pick looks good!!
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by tnedator
                              Hmmm, California, isn't that just east of Wichita?

                              Ok, i'm busted. Your pick looks good!!

                              yea not bad....the Rock was good in the movie "The Rundown"...
                              Tony G


                              The Chefs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                                yea not bad....the Rock was good in the movie "The Rundown"...
                                Yea, it was a fun movie. I have seen him in a few things, and he isn't bad. I doubt he can catch the tough pass over the middle like you know who.
                                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X