Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator
    LOL, but you will always be first.

This whole random signatures.co or whatever it is has now opened it up to everyone. It used to be that you had to have a little scripting knowledge, a website, etc. Now, poof it happens just by hitting upload

I have spent more hours than I care to admit getting mine the way I like them.
    Haha.

Actually, mine was pretty basic. I just loaded the images into a directory with names like A1.gif A2.gif A3.gif A1.jpg A2.jpg A1.png. . .

Then I rotated through them not even random, but with modular division and time.

But still, it's just the thought of it.

Oh, and my favourite part was that I named my files as cgi, so I had to trick the boards into recognizing them as image files.

http://www.something.com/bob.cgi/porcupine.gif

The browser ignores porcupine.gif, but the boards use that last bit to check and make sure that the file is an image file.

Tricky, eh.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
      Haha.

http://www.something.com/bob.cgi/porcupine.gif

The browser ignores porcupine.gif, but the boards use that last bit to check and make sure that the file is an image file.

Tricky, eh.
      Clever. I stole some PHP code from numerous 'how to' sites and then added in quite a bit of my own code to get it to do just what I wanted.

In PHP, you can simply add this to the top of the code:

header ("Content-type: image/png");

and it will tell PHP that even though the file name is broncsigs.png, parse and execute the PHP code in the file. This way, all external sites see it as an image (which it does ultimately return an image), but the webserver will still execute the PHP code, without having .php at the end.

I have never done anything with CGI and only stratched the surface with some DB and a few other things in PHP, so I wind up having to do a lot of trial and error on this stuff.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Clever. I stole some PHP code from numerous 'how to' sites and then added in quite a bit of my own code to get it to do just what I wanted.

In PHP, you can simply add this to the top of the code:

header ("Content-type: image/png");

and it will tell PHP that even though the file name is broncsigs.png, parse and execute the PHP code in the file. This way, all external sites see it as an image (which it does ultimately return an image), but the webserver will still execute the PHP code, without having .php at the end.

I have never done anything with CGI and only stratched the surface with some DB and a few other things in PHP, so I wind up having to do a lot of trial and error on this stuff.
        It's the same with CGI. I mean, it just outputs the HTTP headers at the top and hearders are headers, but the board softwhere checks to make sure that the file type ends in .gif .jpg or .png. So, I was tricking the board software with that.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Just trying to do proper Bronco-missionary work and convert the heathen Chief's fans.
          I appreciate the effort.....
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
            I appreciate the effort.....
            So, are you ready to convert? Someone posted a file with about 300 Bronco pictures!!!
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

So, are you ready to convert? Someone posted a file with about 300 Bronco pictures!!!

no...not at this time.....

BTW-Like my sig pix?
              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

no...not at this time.....

BTW-Like my sig pix?
                Don't fully recognize the guy. Is that the ex-wrestler that played in the movie Walking Tall?

sigpic

Comment

Don't fully recognize the guy. Is that the ex-wrestler that played in the movie Walking Tall?

Now I know.....you know better than that.....they don't look alike except maybe
                  their bods...lol....

here have a look.....

http://tonygonzalez88.com/davidsharpstudios2.html.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9star/rock.jpg
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Now I know.....you know better than that.....they don't look alike except maybe
                    their bods...lol....

here have a look.....

http://tonygonzalez88.com/davidsharpstudios2.html.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9star/rock.jpg
                    So, that's the Rock your sig

sigpic

Comment

So, that's the Rock your sig

you better stop it....lol....now would I have the Rock in my sig???
                      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

you better stop it....lol....now would I have the Rock in my sig???
                        Isn't he a Chief's fan? I thought he grew up in Wichita...

sigpic

Comment

Isn't he a Chief's fan? I thought he grew up in Wichita...

I don't know anything about him....heres some info if your really interested...

This is the Rock.....not Tony....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/bio
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I don't know anything about him....heres some info if your really interested...

This is the Rock.....not Tony....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425005/bio
                            Hmmm, California, isn't that just east of Wichita?

Ok, i'm busted. Your pick looks good!!

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, California, isn't that just east of Wichita?

Ok, i'm busted. Your pick looks good!!

yea not bad....the Rock was good in the movie "The Rundown"...
                              Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

yea not bad....the Rock was good in the movie "The Rundown"...
                                Yea, it was a fun movie. I have seen him in a few things, and he isn't bad. I doubt he can catch the tough pass over the middle like you know who.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X