• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- What Concerns You ??? ---

--- There are many serious issues occurring on our planet today ---

--- What issue concerns you the most ?

--- Please try not to specifically mention politic or religion ---

--- We all know P&R is undeniably inter-twined with all current events ---

--- Just what issue concerns you, and why do you care ?

--- Thank you ---

--- az ---

1. Wars, Revolutions and Bloodshed; Nukes and Terrorism etc.
    39.13%
    2. Widespread Famine and Starvation in 3rd World Nations
    8.70%
    3. Worldwide Disease and Epidemics; Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Hepatitis etc.
    6.52%
    5. World Disasters; Typhoons, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Fires, Tornados etc
    2.17%
    Other
    43.48%

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

I'll just leave it at the Middle East. Nothing else to add, but it's a tickin' time bomb. Also, I'm worried about some personal issues here at home.

Comment

Our greed and insatiable appetite for material possessions is what concerns me the most. Our demand for cheaper and cheaper products and our exploitation of the needy is just exacerbating poverty in developing countries. We need to learn how to settle for less and share the cake a bit more evenly.

Comment

Terrorism and wars should be separate, IMO.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
        - Carl Sagan

Comment

What concerns me mostly is the petifiles and child brothel houses in places like cambodia or somthing.

They have towns in other countries that make majority of there money selling little kids.

I am not even going to get into because it gets me to upset. It is depressing to even think about. Man, have you even seen those specials where they will put some of these people from america on camera!!!! One was a freakin docter!!

Comment

The moral decline of society.

Now that we have a generation that has been raised on situational ethics, there is no absolute right or wrong.

This lack of a moral compass is creating a mess with many issues (abortion, assisted suicide, sexual relationships, etc....).

It's been said that if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Politicians call that being moderate. I call it moral decline.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
              --- There are many serious issues occurring on our planet today ---

--- What issue concerns you the most ?

--- Please try not to specifically mention politic or religion ---

--- We all know P&R is undeniably inter-twined with all current events ---

--- Just what issue concerns you, and why do you care ?

--- Thank you ---

--- az ---

I care about religion and how it impacts my life. That means current events of wars and people from all over the world.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

Now that we have a generation that has been raised on situational ethics, there is no absolute right or wrong.

This lack of a moral compass is creating a mess with many issues (abortion, assisted suicide, sexual relationships, etc....).

You beat me to it - mtnman! No morales is the first thing that came to mind!

Comment

I have been ignoring the news lately - it's all bad.

I'm focusing on Cleveland Browns football.

So - my concern ATM is the Browns.

Then also, the semester at the University starts Monday. So - gotta be prepared for that as well.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Yes but your own generation was considered morally wrong to the one before it, and the one before it, and the one before that one and so forth and so on. Morals and ethics evolve and before even I know it I'll be questioning those of the next generation (in fact I already am -- I've seen pre-teens swearing like sailors, which I must shake my head to).

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                      I have been ignoring the news lately - it's all bad.

I'm focusing on Cleveland Browns football.

So - my concern ATM is the Browns.

Then also, the semester at the University starts Monday. So - gotta be prepared for that as well.
                      thats nice, enjoy ur time there,

im more afraid of nukes,.....never kno what people do with them..
                      sigpic

Comment

You've got to be your own man
                        not a puppet on a string
                        never compromise what's right
                        and uphold your family name
                        you've got to stand for something
                        or you'll fall for anything
                        Last edited by rcsodak; 08-25-2006, 06:56 PM.
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Wondering when the world will stand up and tell the bad guys that total world domination isn't in the cards.....

(bad guys<good guys)
                          :hammer:
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

This might not be what this thread is about....I would say that the abuse of innocent children in this country concerns me...physical,mental and sexual abuse...

Children are abused and to the point of death every day in this country by the people who are suppose to be taking care of them...

I read/hear news about this happening all the time...and the punishment of the abusers never fit the crime...people are able to strike up plea bargains that keeps them out of prisons and get nothing more than a slap on the hand...it pisses me off and makes me sick...

My heart aches for these innocent children who are treated harshly at the hands of their abusers and by the court system....its as if these crimes don't matter and the children have no rights...

I know I am rambling but this is one thing that really bothers me....

Children are so innocent and precious.....
                            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

what concerns me?

casting off the yoke of the material world and making myself right in the eyes of God.
                              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                              X