Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story-Help me with characters

Ok, this isnt ANYTHIN BUT FOOTBALL

its a story I want to write bout football.

I want to write it from the position of the first year coach, youngest in a league (not nfl a fictional football league)

The coach will be coming off of a year either in college turnin around a program in the dumps to take it back to the top or a year turning some pro leagues defense around. He is young (29 cuz its gonna be a big deal how young he is, but its explained why he is so young) but is very bright (think Eric Mangini but better ) Id like help deciding what he is either the college or pro guy...

Another thing I want to do. he is taking over a team taht has been around a long time, but is thought of as a joke as they havent won a championship since the league came out and havent made the playoffs in 19 years.

The team has a lot of older players, as the former coach was trying to build it quickly with aging talent. Lots of egos and other things.

Heres where I want the most help:

I want you to help me think of some of the players and characters that first couple seasons. Eventually many of them are cleaned out. But Id like to make the story interesting with how bad the teams attitude is.

Some things I want to have:

a Mercenary typa player, signed for two years by previous coach/gm for a huge contract he is in it for a stats so he can go on to make another huge contract.

An old vet who was signed to bring leadership but is mostly in it for that last push to make the hall.

A big time defensive hitter but has lost most his speed an is jus a huge signing bonus, (possibly combined wit number 2).

any others would be greatly appreciated, you could put positions into those personalitys to. I will consider anything.... so plz respond!
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

You should have a character that is not getting a new contract and continues to play with the fear of injury. He also should refuse to dance in the endzone (until the end of the story when he is nearly injured), have an arrogant nature, stay with his agent despite the lack of a deal, and have a tendency to say "Show me the money!"

Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Tahts a really good idea... thanks....

the coach is also gonna be the gm, which is a big deal cuz not many coaches are allowed that, but the owner cant get any other coach to take the job (the team is that much of a mess, salary cap, everythin)
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
        Ok, this isnt ANYTHIN BUT FOOTBALL

its a story I want to write bout football.

I want to write it from the position of the first year coach, youngest in a league (not nfl a fictional football league)

The coach will be coming off of a year either in college turnin around a program in the dumps to take it back to the top or a year turning some pro leagues defense around. He is young (29 cuz its gonna be a big deal how young he is, but its explained why he is so young) but is very bright (think Eric Mangini but better ) Id like help deciding what he is either the college or pro guy...

Another thing I want to do. he is taking over a team taht has been around a long time, but is thought of as a joke as they havent won a championship since the league came out and havent made the playoffs in 19 years.

The team has a lot of older players, as the former coach was trying to build it quickly with aging talent. Lots of egos and other things.

Heres where I want the most help:

I want you to help me think of some of the players and characters that first couple seasons. Eventually many of them are cleaned out. But Id like to make the story interesting with how bad the teams attitude is.

Some things I want to have:

a Mercenary typa player, signed for two years by previous coach/gm for a huge contract he is in it for a stats so he can go on to make another huge contract.

An old vet who was signed to bring leadership but is mostly in it for that last push to make the hall.

A big time defensive hitter but has lost most his speed an is jus a huge signing bonus, (possibly combined wit number 2).

any others would be greatly appreciated, you could put positions into those personalitys to. I will consider anything.... so plz respond!
        You need a sportswriter who is always raggin' on the QB.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah...also be sure to add a cheerleader who dates the quarterback that for some reason resembles Keanu Reeves...

Comment

well, one thing i also wanna add, the qb situation is gonna be really murky with a starter who is old but has had a very hard time stayin healthy and very little proven depth behind him.

the runnin back I was think would be the mercenary type of player, playing for the moeny?

wide out there will be a "geezer" along with a player who had been a first round pick but has been dissapointing, he is playin in his las year and wants to get outta there.

the o-line is in shambles

d-line needs a lot of work, with mostly journeymen an past their primes.

linebackers will have two studd players, (prolly that older guy who is slowing down)

those are my ideas at the moment.

I need more advice!! cmon guys
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Wow, sounds like a pretty crappy team overall. Maybe give them some decent rookies at least, since they probably would have a very high draft pick if they haven't gone to the playoffs in 19 years.

Comment

How about a soccer style kicker from some European country (Wales maybe?) who is an insane smoker.

The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                  Wow, sounds like a pretty crappy team overall. Maybe give them some decent rookies at least, since they probably would have a very high draft pick if they haven't gone to the playoffs in 19 years.
                  Vince Richards.

11 year veteran. 33 year old Weakside Outside linebacker. Has been to 9 pro-bowls back in 1998 and has been released by the New York Jets in a salary cap move. The Arizona Cardinals (fits the bill for your model team though you don't have to have the same players) have not signed him to bolster the linebacker corps. He has 1,156 tackles, 84 career sacks, 27 career interceptions, 44 career forced fumbles, 42 career fumble recovories and 9 career defensive touchdowns. He was recently released to clear the way for third overall pick Louis Jackson, rookie linebacker out of Arkansas, who many scouts predict could be the next Lawrence Taylor. Vince has had attitude problems in the past but became a different, more humble, man after his sister, Bryce was killed in a car accident while the driver was drunk. The driver was, in fact, Vince, yet nobody knows or suspects he was the driver. It's his secret alone and what drives him to stop fooling around and be a respectable leader. He is pushing for that last bid on the hall of fame and he considered money a non-issue at this point in his career. He wanted to be a leader and would only retire once he got that coveted championship ring.

Add anything or change anything you want to that person, I'll think of more people you could use every so often.
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

The kicker an weakside backer ideas, thanks a ton those are great ideas keep them up
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Zachary Bolten

1st year RB

growing up in a lower class family, zach never knew the comforts of 3 squares a day and a warm bed waiting for him. his mother died when he was 12 of an overdose. his father, a minister, raised him by himself and was harsh with discipline, often citing passages of the bible whenever zach was punished for a misdeed, real or imagined. his father blamed him for his wife's death, saying that if he had tried harder and made something of himself, she wouldnt have done drugs, and ODed on a speedball.

Because of this, zach hates his father, hates authority, and is very dubious of religion. he actually joined a gang for a few years, but after his closest friend, Jay, was shot in a drive-by, he decided to clean up his act and persue the only thing that made him happy; football.

after recieving a football scholarship, Zach enjoyed 2 years of partying and playing, where he racked up astonishing numbers as the cougars' (made up college, high class place) starting halfback. in his second year of college, he led the NCAA (or whatever youre using) in yards per carry, and touchdowns. He was expected to only get better, and was placed at the top of the future draft list, with pro coaches looking into him already.

Unfortunately, Zach and his buddies partied to hard one night. 2 19 year olds were found dead of alchohol poisoning, and Zach and 3 others on the team were charged with involuntary manslaughter. Their lawyers got the charges lessened to distribution of alchohol to minors, and they were spared incarceration in lieu of community service and mandatory service in the armed forces.

after a tour in the middle east (and an article 15, due to zach punching his first segeant) He realized how much of his life he had wasted, and how much more he had to live. he was discharged from the service and immediately began to search for a way to get back into the game. Enter: your coach.

use all or none of this, just some ideas.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

OK this is what im thinking, a 3 year RB. He has had a troubled past, like fights and stuff but not with football (off the field, no drugs or alcohol). He hasnt got a shot since the old coach and GM want to play thier big contract guys. He is 5'9" 225, and white, that will cause alot of problems cause no RBs are. He isnt the fastest guy, but he has enough speed to be an NFL starter. I think he should finally get a chance to show case his talent and turns out ot be the next coming of Jim Brown. He can just run straight threw ppl like they arent there.

Your "mercenary" player should be a QB. A gunslinger, that doesnt care about the smartest move to win. He will call his own plays if he believes your neglecting him (only 40 pass attempts a game) and cost you games. But when he is on he is possibly the best QB in the league. He shoudl be in a huge contract, but i think he should be benched half threw a season for calling his ownplays. A big statement by the coach, and he should start a less talented, older, but has leadership type of QB that takes the team all the way.

The Old vet should be a OG, that is still good but not great. He mainly leads the team in morale and leadership, keeps them composed under pressure. He may be on the verge of being benched for a younger talent, but the new coach decides to keep him in for his consistancy and leadership.

I think this guy on D, should be a physical CB that is good agaisnt the run, but lost his speed. He cant cover alot of WRs anymore, and gets penalized alot because he lost some athletic ability and he plays really really physical.

And there should be a good TE that is subherbly athletic, a VD type of guy. He should be the go to guy in the pass game, but since he doesnt run as many deep routes, the mercenary QB kind of cuts him out due to lowering his Avg yds per catch. When the older vetran QB comes in, he will gain a bond with this young talented TE and he will have a great second half, carrying your team along with the RB. Also, he shoudl violate the league rules and be dating a smokin cheerleader secretly.

THe team should also, since you said they have an older team, should be belted down with solid experienced players, but they wont have the best talent. But htis genious coach will create the perfect formations and plays for the experienced squad with less talent.
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                        X