Does the thought scare you...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the thought scare you...?

Does the thought of moving away from family and friends where you currently live scare you or bother you? Or do you move around alot so it is a part of life your used to?

Originally posted by Adrenaline
    Does the thought of moving away from family and friends where you currently live scare you or bother you? Or do you move around alot so it is a part of life your used to?
    When I first left for basic training I was nervous about leaving all of my friends and family, but I've been away from home for 3 years now and am used to it...

I moved around a lot when I was younger, but I was always either in AZ or CO where I had family.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

not scared...

long life story...

crap happened lots...

so the moral...

not really...

i move on really quickly...

but sadly its too often too quickly...

at times i wish i kept in contact or something...

but im smilling...

sigpic

Comment

I can move anywhere if I had to.
        Note I said had to.

I adjust really well, but I have too many friends that I want to be around here.
        COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Not only does it not scare me, it is preferable.

My family has trouble understanding boundaries.

Ever see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

Imagine that with Spanish accents and WAY more tough love.

Things like calling and planning to come over, instead of just dropping in unannounced are unheard of.

Things like understanding that only I and my wife make our decisions for our family seem to be foreign to them.

So the farther away, the better.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

army brat. been there. done that.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
              Not only does it not scare me, it is preferable.

My family has trouble understanding boundaries.

Ever see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

Imagine that with Spanish accents and WAY more tough love.

Things like calling and planning to come over, instead of just dropping in unannounced are unheard of.

Things like understanding that only I and my wife make our decisions for our family seem to be foreign to them.

So the farther away, the better.

I relate!!!!! IN A BIG WAY!!!!
              COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

I couldn't imagine moving away from my family and friends. It would absolutely devastate my kids. Along the same lines it would devastate my parents for me to take them away. My parents know boundaries, are very good with my kids, and don't meddle in my life anymore than saying hey, can I pick the girls up from school. So yea, I would definately feel lost if I had to move out of state for work or anything else.
                Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Our family is gigantic and all of our cousins are as close to us as other people are to their siblings.

We have big family barbecues all of the time and all of my friends are also lifetime friends.

I mean, I have other friends, but once you are a real friend to me, I expect the friendship to last forever. I have tons of friends from middle and high school and university, but I don't make friends often or quickly. I have a lot of acquantances, but it takes quite a bit to be a friend of mine.

I really miss those really close friends and relatives when I don't see them.

I don't even really like making new friends because I keep such close friendships and somebody has to be pretty damn awesome to me to stick in my friend's group.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

It would be scary. But, everyone has to do it sometime. I am not going to be hanging around in this little old town forever.
                    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Right now....moving sounds ooooohhhhhh sooooooo appealing.

I think I would enjoy my family even more if I saw them six times a year for short visits.

I have lived in KC, MO and by Perdido Bay, AL....but those were years ago. I moved back to be closer to family, oddly enough.

Different times in your life....different ways of looking at what is "ideal".

I grew up with Archie Bunker, so it's a love/hate relationship. Most of the time just down-right shocking!

My favorite member is my sister-in-law, we've been friends since 1976. She's my IV-humor.

Montana or Idaho sound pretty good right now!

Wide open spaces!
                      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

I've lived my entire life within 20 miles of my birthplace. When my wife & I first met, we lived in different states. After a year+ of long-distance relationship, it became increasingly apparent that one of us was going to have to move. Originally it was going to be me that made the move. The thought of moving away from my family wasn't a problem, it was the thought of moving away from the hustle & bustle of the city I'm accustomed to to a place where "traffic jam" means a cow wandered out into the road. Luckily for me there are no white collar jobs in the podunk town she lived in. I spent too much money on college to become a farmer (no offense to farmers). So, she moved away from her family to NJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X