Snappin Turtle is gonna be MAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL WELL WELL.

I get back from dinner and what do I find a whole thread about ME and my Boy Clinty.

And yes, I found this news out this morning...and yeas I cried...just a little though...and I'm pretty sure he's just sitting the bench for now...because we can expand our roster...so lets just hope things dont get too bad!

And um...if he is sent down to AAA...my mom has already told me that she will take me to go watch him play!

And if he gets traded...well I'll cry, then cry some more then I'll become a fan of whatever team he is playing for!

NOTE:

"I can't say that I am not disappointed, because I am," said Barmes,
    who could fill a utility role for the final four weeks. "But the stats
    tell the story. I think I am obviously better than a (.226) hitter,
    but I haven't shown it."

So...pretty much...Clint will be sitting the bench, and maybe pinch hitting or some BS like that. Apparently Hurdle told him he needs a .26o Average to start next season. EEK. He's not too far away and clearly he is great at the D.
    Last edited by Snapping Turtle; 08-30-2006, 05:20 PM.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
      WELL WELL WELL.

I get back from dinner and what do I find a whole thread about ME and my Boy Clinty.

And yes, I found this news out this morning...and yeas I cried...just a little though...and I'm pretty sure he's just sitting the bench for now...because we can expand our roster...so lets just hope things dont get too bad!

And um...if he is sent down to AAA...my mom has already told me that she will take me to go watch him play!

And if he gets traded...well I'll cry, then cry some more then I'll become a fan of whatever team he is playing for!

NOTE:

"I can't say that I am not disappointed, because I am," said Barmes,
      who could fill a utility role for the final four weeks. "But the stats
      tell the story. I think I am obviously better than a (.226) hitter,
      but I haven't shown it."

So...pretty much...Clint will be sitting the bench, and maybe pinch hitting or some BS like that. Apparently Hurdle told him he needs a .26o Average to start next season. EEK. He's not too far away and clearly he is great at the D.
      I'm sure Hurdle will start Barmes next year if he plays well in the preseason.

.260 is a bit much. Isnt he hitting a 249ish? Hes gonna need some big games soon!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
        I'm sure Hurdle will start Barmes next year if he plays well in the preseason.

.260 is a bit much. Isnt he hitting a 249ish? Hes gonna need some big games soon!

yeah no good.

Barmes is too good to just "throw away" I hope he can at least stay and sit the bench because at least he is still a Rockie!

Comment

yeah no good.

Barmes is too good to just "throw away" I hope he can at least stay and sit the bench because at least he is still a Rockie!
          I'm sorry to say this Snap, but with him hitting .226 with the amount of ABs he has, he has pretty much no chance to make it.

I'm sure that he will stay. He is improving and Hurdle would be dumb to move him to another team.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
            I'm sorry to say this Snap, but with him hitting .226 with the amount of ABs he has, he has pretty much no chance to make it.

I'm sure that he will stay. He is improving and Hurdle would be dumb to move him to another team.

I wish death upon myself.

I can get over this....it may take some time....and I'm a cry baby. Seriously. I cry everytime I watch clips from our winning superbowls! UGH.

My mom thinks its funny becuase I don't cry over anything...except for sports. I didn't even cry in the Notebook, or A Walk to Remember, but I cried at the end of Remember the Titans!

I need help.

Comment

I wish death upon myself.

I can get over this....it may take some time....and I'm a cry baby. Seriously. I cry everytime I watch clips from our winning superbowls! UGH.

My mom thinks its funny becuase I don't cry over anything...except for sports. I didn't even cry in the Notebook, or A Walk to Remember, but I cried at the end of Remember the Titans!

I need help.
              One thing you need to remember. Baseball moves players more than any other sport.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                One thing you need to remember. Baseball moves players more than any other sport.
                I know this...I've liked baseball for longer than I have liked football (OMG!) and I just get really attatched to some players...its not good. But its really easy to follow other teams I think, so if he does get traded it will be okay. My mom and I followed Galarraga(i think i spelled that wrong so forgive me) after he left Colorado, I can do the same with Clint!

Comment

I know this...I've liked baseball for longer than I have liked football (OMG!) and I just get really attatched to some players...its not good. But its really easy to follow other teams I think, so if he does get traded it will be okay. My mom and I followed Galarraga(i think i spelled that wrong so forgive me) after he left Colorado, I can do the same with Clint!
                  The worst thing with the Rockies is they move money, as much as they move players. That is why it is hard for me to get attached to any of the Rockies anymore. They tend to not want to pay many of the players what they are worth.

Comment

The worst thing with the Rockies is they move money, as much as they move players. That is why it is hard for me to get attached to any of the Rockies anymore. They tend to not want to pay many of the players what they are worth.
                    I think that is true, but at the same time I dont think that Barmes is that kinda of guy, he would play for minimum wage! Actually, I think a lot of the Rockies this year play because they love the game, not for money etc. We aint the Yankees! LOL.

Well, whatever happens it will be okay because its not like he is dead like my fish!

Comment

I think that is true, but at the same time I dont think that Barmes is that kinda of guy, he would play for minimum wage! Actually, I think a lot of the Rockies this year play because they love the game, not for money etc. We aint the Yankees! LOL.

Well, whatever happens it will be okay because its not like he is dead like my fish!
                      No baseball player is going to play for minimum wage his entire career. The Rockies organization tries to sell us on the fact that they want to develop the team by bringing up the young players in their organization. They do this, and after the players prove themselves, they move them, because they don't want to pay them more, and then they bring up more young players, and the beat goes on. The only thing that will help the Rockies is for the current ownership to sell the team.

Comment

That's how I was with Portis... But nothing stops me from being a Bronco fan!
                        sigpic

Comment

No baseball player is going to play for minimum wage his entire career. The Rockies organization tries to sell us on the fact that they want to develop the team by bringing up the young players in their organization. They do this, and after the players prove themselves, they move them, because they don't want to pay them more, and then they bring up more young players, and the beat goes on. The only thing that will help the Rockies is for the current ownership to sell the team.
                          Well. I dont know if I exactly agree with you. But we can agree to disagree. I just like to think that there are players who play because they love the game, not because they want money, and with a young team you get that.

I love a team full of spirit, and the Rockies may not be showing it right now, but they have it and I love watching these guys play together, so seeing anyone go upsets me.

Comment

Awww Snapper...when I heard this on the radio, I automatically thought of you! I hope it works out and you get your fill of Clinty!
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                              Awww Snapper...when I heard this on the radio, I automatically thought of you! I hope it works out and you get your fill of Clinty!

::tear:: thanks Gem, you're the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X