Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most misspelled word on the boards?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- your for you're

    --- there for their



    ---


    .
    Those make my skin crawl.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by LordTrychon
      Those make my skin crawl.
      They shouldnt do taht do u. Their are many worse mispelled words on this board.

      But hey! Thats how it goes sometimes. Alot of people just cant spall or nething.

      but the their/they're/there are the three I notice most.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The MODS
        EDITED DUE TO COC VIOLATION...
        I know what you meant. I just jumped on it is all.

        Oh, BTW, I know you're pretty new, but that is technically against the COC.

        How closely that is enforced will depend on the Mod, but I thought I would extend the caveat.

        -----
        Last edited by Elway; 09-02-2006, 11:53 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cinnamunmun
          They shouldnt do taht do u. Their are many worse mispelled words on this board.

          But hey! Thats how it goes sometimes. Alot of people just cant spall or nething.

          but the their/they're/there are the three I notice most.
          Prolly so.

          -----

          Comment


          • #20
            Chiefs.......most people spell it wrong... :hammer: no smack intended....

            as for me I am bad about spelling words like don't like this-dont...being lazy I guess.... :brick:
            Tony G


            The Chefs

            Comment


            • #21
              Plummer = plumber



              What gets me, is that if someone can get themselves on here to post, surely they can go to NFL.com and check the correct spelling of someones name.

              And those idiots who spell Patriots = winners
              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




              formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
              I adopted Skywalker

              I have been adopted by Chris Wade

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                but the their/they're/there are the three I notice most.
                to/too also.



                I always have trouble with the 'to' and 'too'....I never know which one to use.



                would anyone like to give me a grammar lesson?
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Skywalker
                  to/too also.



                  I always have trouble with the 'to' and 'too'....I never know which one to use.



                  would anyone like to give me a grammar lesson?
                  to is too but not too and not two either.


                  Get it?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                    to is too but not too and not two either.


                    Get it?






                    :brick:
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Skywalker
                      to/too also.



                      I always have trouble with the 'to' and 'too'....I never know which one to use.



                      would anyone like to give me a grammar lesson?

                      I am going to the store.

                      We bought too many groceries.

                      ''Too'' is used when you are saying to what extent of it. Too many, too much, etc.

                      ''Too'' is used like the word ''also'', as well.

                      I would like to go, too.

                      If that helps at all.
                      Go Huskers.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Nick7
                        I am going to the store.

                        We bought too many groceries.

                        ''Too'' is used when you are saying to what extent of it. Too many, too much, etc.

                        ''Too'' is used like the word ''also'', as well.

                        I would like to go, too.

                        If that helps at all.
                        It does. Thanks
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          alright vs allright vs all right

                          probably = prolly ???
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by topscribe
                            Prolly so.

                            -----
                            "Prolly" gets my vote, but that appears to be universal. I've seen it on several message boards.

                            Some misspelled words can be chalked up to typos. I've been mortified a few times after catching a typo in one of my posts.
                            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                            R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I hvae to say sepllnig inst all taht ipmrotnat


                              its only got to be ligable-misspelled word


                              I still miss the blue background.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                                Chiefs.......most people spell it wrong... :hammer: no smack intended....

                                as for me I am bad about spelling words like don't like this-dont...being lazy I guess.... :brick:
                                Let's see . . . s-q-u-a-w-s







                                Just kidding, Lady! *runs for door*

                                -----

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X