Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asst Coach tackles opposing player for HS football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isnt football a contact sport??

why is the coach getting so fired up if one of his players gets hit???

but wow...

it iwas a good hit....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
      I agree. It was his kid so he probably was just pissed for the late hit and creamed the kid, although he did go overboard big time. I wouldn't doubt the kid who delivered the late hit was a jerk, and probably deserved what happened to him. So I don't feel to sorry for him...

Also I don't think he's a coward for going over a fence, the mob would have probably beaten him up very badly had he not run away....

So you say it's ok for a grown adult to act worse than any of the kids on the field?? Yea...he's a coward. If you can't live with the actions you take...don't take them. All of the assumptions of the kid being a jerk for the late hit means nothing a grown adult manhandled a child.

Maybe you'll feel different once you have kids.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
        I wouldn't use the word sickening... The guy just got too involved in the game emotionally and got pissed off after a late hit.

Although that is probably exactly what happened, I do not think a judge and his fellow inmates will be as sympathetic

He is being charged with a felony. IF found guilty, he won't get just a probabtion.

California Penal Code 273a.
        (a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care and custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison for two, four, or six years.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Actually, it wasn't a good hit. He didn't use proper technique. He didn't square himself up and hit him. He jumped and folded his arms to deliver the blow.

Sorry tackle, sorry coach, poor role model, and sad story for high school football.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
            Actually, it wasn't a good hit. He didn't use proper technique. He didn't square himself up and hit him. He jumped and folded his arms to deliver the blow.

Sorry tackle, sorry coach, poor role model, and sad story for high school football.

Even worse E, it's not high school.

It's POP WARNER.

7th graders.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

It's POP WARNER.

7th graders.
              You are absolutely right. Thanks.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

:dance: 7 :dance:

sigpic

Comment

What an idiot
                  sigpic

Comment

But hahahahaha that kid got Lynched!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
                      So you say it's ok for a grown adult to act worse than any of the kids on the field?? Yea...he's a coward. If you can't live with the actions you take...don't take them. All of the assumptions of the kid being a jerk for the late hit means nothing a grown adult manhandled a child.

Maybe you'll feel different once you have kids.
                      He hardly "manhandled" him, he just gave him a forearm to the back and the kid fell down, then he ran away. I'm not saying the guy isn't a jackass, I'm just saying that when he saw his kid get smoked with a cheap hit he just blew up.

Comment

He hardly "manhandled" him, he just gave him a forearm to the back and the kid fell down, then he ran away. I'm not saying the guy isn't a jackass, I'm just saying that when he saw his kid get smoked with a cheap hit he just blew up.

Parents are supposed to TEACH their children. The only thing this guy taught his kid is if something is done wrong to you, you do it worse to them. Maybe if this was a high school game. But these are 7th graders, still learning the game of football. If you don't like something one of the students is doing, you go talk to the coach. He's especially guilty because he is supposed to be a COACH. When your child is on the field, being a dad takes second seat. If you can't handle your child taking hits, late or not, without acting like that, don't coach!
                        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Although that is probably exactly what happened, I do not think a judge and his fellow inmates will be as sympathetic

He is being charged with a felony. IF found guilty, he won't get just a probabtion.

California Penal Code 273a.
                          (a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care and custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison for two, four, or six years.
                          Yeah...He's going on the Child Abuse list now and wouldn't he be on that forever more now?
                          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

It's POP WARNER.

7th graders.
                            You are right. I wrote that wrong. Sorry. It's Middle School! Good point.
                            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Justifying this guys bvehavior in any way shape or form is wrong. By this logic if I saw some kid punch my 15 year old nephew it's perfectly understandable if I run over and clock the kid.

He's a grown man hitting a 13 year old child. Period. It's just as bad as any parent abusing their child. Child abuse, no two ways about it.

It would also be perfectly A-Ok under your logic if Lynch gave a late hit on Randy Moss and someone came off the Raider's bench to jack him up in between plays. And THAT scenario is not NEARLY as bad as an adult man jacking up a little kid.

Not saying any of the above scenarios wouldn't makes me a jerk, I just "blew up".

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Yea...that guy is a wack-job. I mean, what the heck went through his mind that made him think doing something like that was acceptable. I mean, I can understand confronting the kid, but even that is pushing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X