Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asst Coach tackles opposing player for HS football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I feel really sorry for that guy's kid.

Not only will he be heavily ridiculed by his classmates but he's now likely to be without his father for quite some time.

While I can understand the instinct to defend his son, this guy has royally screwed the pooch. It's football and the guy should have been emotionally prepared for his son to get clocked now and then, even illegally. But obviously something was wrong with his psyche if he blew up like that.

I find this whole situation exceedingly sad.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I agree Javalon. Not only that, but have you ever really felt like "clocking" another kid? Maybe you hope they learn a good lesson down the road, but "clocking" them? Nah...

I have felt like "clocking" coaches from time to time though. Sometimes they talk to these kids like they are in the pro's and have equal expectations of them...and they are just kids. I think a lot of kids leave sports because of coaches. I know they can't coddle them like babies, but sometimes they are ruthless to the kids and their confidence.
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
        Yeah...He's going on the Child Abuse list now and wouldn't he be on that forever more now?

We'll he'll have that on his record (if found guilty).

But I don't think it's like the sex offenders list that people can go look up online or anything.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

What a freaking nutcase. God if someone did that to my kid....
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
            I agree Javalon. Not only that, but have you ever really felt like "clocking" another kid? Maybe you hope they learn a good lesson down the road, but "clocking" them? Nah...

I have felt like "clocking" coaches from time to time though. Sometimes they talk to these kids like they are in the pro's and have equal expectations of them...and they are just kids. I think a lot of kids leave sports because of coaches. I know they can't coddle them like babies, but sometimes they are ruthless to the kids and their confidence.
            Excellent post. That's my entire beef with HS football and the lower levels of it.
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Working...
            X