Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asst Coach tackles opposing player for HS football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    I agree Javalon. Not only that, but have you ever really felt like "clocking" another kid? Maybe you hope they learn a good lesson down the road, but "clocking" them? Nah...

I have felt like "clocking" coaches from time to time though. Sometimes they talk to these kids like they are in the pro's and have equal expectations of them...and they are just kids. I think a lot of kids leave sports because of coaches. I know they can't coddle them like babies, but sometimes they are ruthless to the kids and their confidence.
    Excellent post. That's my entire beef with HS football and the lower levels of it.

Leave a comment:

• SmithOverTO
    replied
    What a freaking nutcase. God if someone did that to my kid....

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    Yeah...He's going on the Child Abuse list now and wouldn't he be on that forever more now?

We'll he'll have that on his record (if found guilty).

But I don't think it's like the sex offenders list that people can go look up online or anything.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    I agree Javalon. Not only that, but have you ever really felt like "clocking" another kid? Maybe you hope they learn a good lesson down the road, but "clocking" them? Nah...

I have felt like "clocking" coaches from time to time though. Sometimes they talk to these kids like they are in the pro's and have equal expectations of them...and they are just kids. I think a lot of kids leave sports because of coaches. I know they can't coddle them like babies, but sometimes they are ruthless to the kids and their confidence.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Man, I feel really sorry for that guy's kid.

Not only will he be heavily ridiculed by his classmates but he's now likely to be without his father for quite some time.

While I can understand the instinct to defend his son, this guy has royally screwed the pooch. It's football and the guy should have been emotionally prepared for his son to get clocked now and then, even illegally. But obviously something was wrong with his psyche if he blew up like that.

I find this whole situation exceedingly sad.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Yea...that guy is a wack-job. I mean, what the heck went through his mind that made him think doing something like that was acceptable. I mean, I can understand confronting the kid, but even that is pushing it.

Leave a comment:

• Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by alwilson91
    He hardly "manhandled" him, he just gave him a forearm to the back and the kid fell down, then he ran away. I'm not saying the guy isn't a jackass, I'm just saying that when he saw his kid get smoked with a cheap hit he just blew up.
    Justifying this guys bvehavior in any way shape or form is wrong. By this logic if I saw some kid punch my 15 year old nephew it's perfectly understandable if I run over and clock the kid.

He's a grown man hitting a 13 year old child. Period. It's just as bad as any parent abusing their child. Child abuse, no two ways about it.

It would also be perfectly A-Ok under your logic if Lynch gave a late hit on Randy Moss and someone came off the Raider's bench to jack him up in between plays. And THAT scenario is not NEARLY as bad as an adult man jacking up a little kid.

Not saying any of the above scenarios wouldn't makes me a jerk, I just "blew up".

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    Even worse E, it's not high school.

It's POP WARNER.

7th graders.
    You are right. I wrote that wrong. Sorry. It's Middle School! Good point.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    Although that is probably exactly what happened, I do not think a judge and his fellow inmates will be as sympathetic

He is being charged with a felony. IF found guilty, he won't get just a probabtion.

California Penal Code 273a.
    (a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care and custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison for two, four, or six years.
    Yeah...He's going on the Child Abuse list now and wouldn't he be on that forever more now?

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    Originally posted by alwilson91
    He hardly "manhandled" him, he just gave him a forearm to the back and the kid fell down, then he ran away. I'm not saying the guy isn't a jackass, I'm just saying that when he saw his kid get smoked with a cheap hit he just blew up.

Parents are supposed to TEACH their children. The only thing this guy taught his kid is if something is done wrong to you, you do it worse to them. Maybe if this was a high school game. But these are 7th graders, still learning the game of football. If you don't like something one of the students is doing, you go talk to the coach. He's especially guilty because he is supposed to be a COACH. When your child is on the field, being a dad takes second seat. If you can't handle your child taking hits, late or not, without acting like that, don't coach!

Leave a comment:

• alwilson91
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove
    So you say it's ok for a grown adult to act worse than any of the kids on the field?? Yea...he's a coward. If you can't live with the actions you take...don't take them. All of the assumptions of the kid being a jerk for the late hit means nothing a grown adult manhandled a child.

Maybe you'll feel different once you have kids.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    But hahahahaha that kid got Lynched!

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    What an idiot

Leave a comment:

• anton1287
    replied
    :dance: 7 :dance: