AO, Blue and O&B420

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AsianOrange
    Thanks Blue, I really appreciate you sharing me that story. It's a lot more what I wanted to hear then what O&B said (though I appreciate her too!)

I will have a talk with her soon about it. She leaves in 4 weeks and it is 39 - 45 dollars a flight to see her. I can make that money up somehow...give up Starbucks or something and it'll be well worth it to go every weeekend. I even signed up for frequent flyers to Southwest Airlines....maybe we can accumulate somethinng and work something out.

So are you still seeing this guy?
    Sorry AO but sometimes the truth hurts - in all honesty you can make anything work if you want but statistics show long distance relationships fade away - It will start w/ every weekend then something will come up, be it money time, whatever, and then it goes to once a month then once in a while then no more - but hye Im a cynical b!tch - so take my advice for what it is - sorry dont mean to piss in your cheerios

Comment

• O&B: I totally get you! I've been in a LD relationship before that failed. Now that I'm a little bit older, i honestly feel like this girl is it!

So if all good comes out of it, you're invited to the wedding!

She's moving for school.

Everything you said is absolutely true....something will always come up...but I'm not going to let it stop me.

If it works in the movies, I think it can work in *real life*

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

• Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        Ain't nothing worse than cheerios after they've been pissed on!
        Where do you come up with stuff, and oh, are you bored of the TPBM and question/answer threads or soemthing?
        Who invited you?

j/k

Comment

• Sorry

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• I still think this picture is the funniest picture ever....

http://beerbaron.kibblesnbits.net/Misc/JihadJotun.JPG

Comment

• Where the hell did you get that?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• I dunno..stumbled on it!

Comment

• I think you're right about being older & being able to handle things better, if you really feel that strongly about this chick (obviously she's been makin' you forget about us all the time! )...

I think that if I had been older, the guy & I would still be together - that, and if he hadn't have been at the Academy & been going through a bunch of problems there. But, no, we are not still together in a dating sense. He is still one of my best friends, he still is one of the first I turn to for advice & he will be at my wedding whenever it happens. I was very young & very inexperienced - and very flirty (as I still am) - I'm glad things worked out the way they did & I think that just having experienced everything was worth the pain that I went through at the end.

I think if you're both open about what you want & what you expect, you will be successful - just don't become that extra "stress" by always insisting on doing things your way.

Oh yeh - if it helps, when my brother-in-law & sister went away to school, she went to UTSA (Texas/San Antonio) and he went to Colorado School of Mines...She flew him down here for thanksgiving, he proposed, then she moved back to CO when we did - even then, he was still in Golden, She in C-Springs & they've found a way to make it all work -- they've now been married 6 years this August, and have been together for 10 years total.

Comment

• Blue: She hasn't made me forget about the board, only at night, heck, I'm *da man* on this board, I'm always lurking. I thought I was doing better by stickin on this thread when I can!

That is an awesome story how that one relationship worked. I just don't want to kick my feet around go go "what if she's the one"...ever heard the new Andre 3000 CD of Outkast?

So, how long ago was this relationship with that guy? How long have you've been with the other Blue?

Comment

• The relationship with Brad (the ex) was from June 99-May '00 & then July 00-April 2001...I started seeing someone new from May 2001-Oct 2001, then decided to play the field, and met Robb in January 2002 (new Year's eve) and we've been together since...

I know - I'm just giving you crap about the board, cuz I CAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueDamsel
                        I know - I'm just giving you crap about the board, cuz I CAN!
                        You seem like the only one and I let you get away with it >=)

Man...so you've been in a relationship for 2 years now with Robb....any bells in the future?

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianOrange
                          You seem like the only one and I let you get away with it >=)

Man...so you've been in a relationship for 2 years now with Robb....any bells in the future?
                          You *let* me? Nobody "lets" me do anything - either I do it with permission or without, there is no "letting" or "not letting" me do anything! Get it straight!

Yes Robb & I have been together 2 and a half years...There are bells that ring, but I haven't been around him to clock him upside the head lately, so they're dulling down! just kidding - I have a promise ring from him, eventually it will be replaced with an engagement ring, and that will be joined by a wedding band...but not for a little while - he has to get a job & get on his feet first. We do live together & things seem to be going well, for the most part, so it will happen *someday*. In the meantime, he is okay with me being flirty & open about our relationship, so all is good!

Comment

• AO,

Take this for what it is worth.

My wife and I did not live in the city until we became engaged. We lived no closer than 2 hours by car, and as far away as 7 by car, or 2 hours by plane (only ine flight a week, and it was a prop plane....slow....)

And here I am, married with a new baby. So it can work, it just takes a lot of mutual understanding and trust.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

• [i]...so it will happen *someday*. In the meantime, he is okay with me being flirty & open about our relationship, so all is good! [/B]
                              Awesome, I'm happy for ya. If he's cool with you beling flirty and stuff, he's a keeper. Alot of guys these days are so sensitive and so insecure that they blow a gasket around their belle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
                                AO,

Take this for what it is worth.

My wife and I did not live in the city until we became engaged. We lived no closer than 2 hours by car, and as far away as 7 by car, or 2 hours by plane (only ine flight a week, and it was a prop plane....slow....)

And here I am, married with a new baby. So it can work, it just takes a lot of mutual understanding and trust.
                                Another good story. Thanks for sharing that with me Jared. Very inspirational.

:::sniff:::

Mods don't shake, Mods [email protected]!#

Comment

Working...
                                X