Well this sucks!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this sucks!!!!!!!

Just got back from the hospital, I broke my foot. The bone that runs down the outside of your foot, whatever it's called it's broke. It's my right foot, so no driving for a while, plus all the work I'm trying to get done to get my house up for sale will be put on hold for a bit.

I worked on my yard all day yesterday, and got a lot done. Then the kids were bugging me to come play basketball with them. I finally dropped what I was doing to go spend some time with them, something that has been alittle neglected lately. Ended up turning my foot over, one of the most common injuries in basketball. :brick:

Well I gotta go put it back up for awhile, be back on when I can
    sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Ugh. Totally not good. My little bro broke that same bone a couple of years back, the day before football season began. Clearly, he didnt get to play. I felt bad for him because it was only like his 2nd year playing midgett.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

That sucks Hopefully it'll heal fast.

I've never had a broken bone before, my worst injury being a sprained middle and ring finger on my right hand (I'm right-haned...so it was inconvienient).
      sigpic

Comment

Ugh . . . that really stinks, AZ67.

Keep the faith, my friend!

-----

Comment

Here's to a quick recovery!
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Ouch!

I broke the bone right next to it playing basketball once.

I hope for a quick recovery!

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck on a quick recovery!

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
              How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

I had fractured that same bone on the right foot while playing volleyball and
                a member from the team collided (she was not covering her own position and trying to cover mine as well).

Hate to say this, but you've got a long haul here. Did they put you in a plaster
                cast? Or did they put you in a removable cast? Walking cast? Crutches I assume? Even after the initial break heals....your foot may ache for months afterward, off and on.

I feel so bad for you with all of your responsibilities (house, job, kids)!
                Please keep us posted on how you are doing, will you?
                Last edited by His Wife; 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM.
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

ouch... hope it heals up quickly...
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Well that bites. Sorry about that guy, like KCLady said I hope heals quickly.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

thanks for the well wishes everyone.

well it has been along day of doing nothing, I'm already sick and tired of just sitting doing nothing. This "boot" thing they gave me is driving me crazy and all it takes is 1 trip to they bathroom and my foot is killing me. So far all I have been taking is Ibuprofin, I would rather not take the Percocet that they prescribed.

Don't be surprized if most of my posts seem like I am venting, I try not to complain too much about this to my wife, God bless her. She has enough extra to deal with as it is, with all the kids and chores and everything.

Day 1 about over, and along way to go

Comment

Me, my brother, and my sister all tore our ACL's within 6 months of each other.

Walking around in a boot looks like fun....or at least better than crutches.

Comment

I hope and pray for a fast healing for you.
                          Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

well, I slept fairly good last night, but when I woke up this morning, OMG did my foot hurt. I'll be glad when the Advil kicks in. My brother-in-law is supposed to come by today to help with the work I have been doing outside, since I obviously can't do it. I don't know if he will show or not, he's not real dependable.

Day 2 and I'm already bored out of my mind

Comment

Originally posted by AzBroncoFan67
                              well, I slept fairly good last night, but when I woke up this morning, OMG did my foot hurt. I'll be glad when the Advil kicks in. My brother-in-law is supposed to come by today to help with the work I have been doing outside, since I obviously can't do it. I don't know if he will show or not, he's not real dependable.

Day 2 and I'm already bored out of my mind
                              Advil for a broken foot? Now I really feel sorry for you!
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                              X