Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if 99% of world's male population wiped out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if 99% of world's male population wiped out?

OK here's the premise: A deadly genetically engineered virus accidentally escapes from a bio warfare laboratory in some country.

This virus is airborne, massively prolific, and can be borne thousands of miles on the winds, infecting anyone it comes in contact with.

It is y-chromosome linked, and affects only men. Women are not affected by this virus.

It attacks the central nervous system, and causes certain death within a week of infection.

A small percentage of men, about 1.2 percent, proove naturally immune.

The virus begins spreading in the middle east, and follows the trade winds, spreading unstoppably across the globe.

From first appearance to worldwide infection, two months pass.

Halfway through this an antidote is developed that will save victims if administered within 36 hours of infection. Those areas which are both A. Highly advanced 1st world metropolitan centers and B. Among the last areas to be infected, do best. But even there there is just too little of the stuff, not enough time to manufacture and adminster enough. In London, UK, 8% of the male population survive. In New York City, 12% survive. In Los Angeles, 20%. In Tokyo, 37% of men survive.

However, on average 98.6% of all men on earth die.

The virus is however unstable. After four to five months it starts breaking down even faster than it can reproduce. After six months it is gone from the world.

However, in its wake it leaves a world that is terribly changed - of the 3 billion men who lived on earth before, an estimated 48 million still live. (That sounds a lot, and if they were concentrated in one place would look a lot... but scattered across the whole earth, is a paltry number.)

The 3 billion women who lived before are still alive.

So.. where would the world, and humanity, and civilisation, go from there?

Hopefully, Id survive.

My chances would slightly increase with the ladies

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Hopefully, Id survive.

My chances would slightly increase with the ladies
      LOL

I was going to say the same thing! Some men would have all the women they want!

I guess the world would be fine as far as getting by and making things prosper. Women are more than capable of taking on that task.

The problem would be re-populating the world. It would take a lot of time to do this. Sperm banks would run out in a matter of a year or less. There would be too big of a demand for it for the men left behind to keep up with.

I guess we would finally have our first woman President.

Men would be the minority so would the women treat us the way that we did them before they gained equal rights?

This is too much for my brain to take on today....LOL

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

As the evil biochemist I am, I would clone myself a billion times and restore order
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

The women would be divided up among the men who had the ability to reproduce. Some sperm supplies could be used but they would run out fast. Children of the same father would not be allowed to interbreed. I don't know about the sexism. Human civilization has gone through periods of matriarchal rule in the past. If sexism was certain though, I would like to be wiped out. I have no problem with the majority of feminists, but those that think you are a chauvinist pig no matter what make me sick. But that's a different matter altogether.
          Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
            LOL

I was going to say the same thing! Some men would have all the women they want!

I guess the world would be fine as far as getting by and making things prosper. Women are more than capable of taking on that task.

The problem would be re-populating the world. It would take a lot of time to do this. Sperm banks would run out in a matter of a year or less. There would be too big of a demand for it for the men left behind to keep up with.

I guess we would finally have our first woman President.

Men would be the minority so would the women treat us the way that we did them before they gained equal rights?

This is too much for my brain to take on today....LOL
            Well, in order to repopulate the world, you'd have to have sex with 10 DIFFERENT women a day every day for years. Just to get it back up to a decent level.

Not too bad of a thought

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              As the evil biochemist I am, I would clone myself a billion times and restore order
              48 million men and 3 billion women . . . and to reproduce yourself you'd use cloning? *slaps muse. what are you thinking man?!
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                48 million men and 3 billion women . . . and to reproduce yourself you'd use cloning? *slaps muse. what are you thinking man?!
                Sorry, smoking the stuff the newbies were smoking...woaaah...that's strooooonggg
                sigpic

Comment

hehe alright then
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    Well, in order to repopulate the world, you'd have to have sex with 10 DIFFERENT women a day every day for years. Just to get it back up to a decent level.

Not too bad of a thought
                    It would be difficult...but someone has to do it!!

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
                      It would be difficult...but someone has to do it!!
                      the way i see it, we will need to work together. so lets split up. i call japan.
                      sigpic
                      go broncos
                      share the sidewalk

Comment

I call Keira Knightley wooooO!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                          I call Keira Knightley wooooO!
                          still thinking small muse, but you're getting there. why not call the whole island?
                          sigpic
                          go broncos
                          share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                            still thinking small muse, but you're getting there. why not call the whole island?
                            Nah, there are few fine English girls. Bugger, why can't I be choosy?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
                              if there was 99% male population gone that means MORE FOR ME!!!!
                              Except you died.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X