X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black00SS
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    It's a pretty good place, not many of those left in this world, from what I can tell, so that's saying something.

Family friendly and Brisbane where I live is a good place for kiddies, which is good since we have one of them. All that said though, I do want to come home some day. I want the boy to know what it's like back there, and more importnatly his Grandparents.

Very cool! Australia is one of those places I have always wanted to go (even more so now, since you spoke so highly of it).

Anyways, good to hear you like it, and it is a good place for your son.

p.s. You may regret bringing him back to se the grandparents...especially if they spoil him with goodies Just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by Black00SS
    aye aye aye!!! Thats cool. Must be nice to live in HSV land
    It's a pretty good place, not many of those left in this world, from what I can tell, so that's saying something.

Family friendly and Brisbane where I live is a good place for kiddies, which is good since we have one of them. All that said though, I do want to come home some day. I want the boy to know what it's like back there, and more importnatly his Grandparents.

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    Nope, my wife is an Aussie-Aussie-Aussie
    aye aye aye!!! Thats cool. Must be nice to live in HSV land

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Yep, yellow conversion.

As far as the 05, with the huffer, and HSV body kit....well I think I just messed myself, and I am drooling all over the keyboard.

BTW, not to get off topic, but are you stationed there?
    Nope, my wife is an Aussie-Aussie-Aussie

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    They're all LS2's just so you know, you should see them at RBT (random breath testing) sites with all of their lights a-blazing... very intimidating.
    Oh, I can imagine. The LS2's are just mean.

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    Yeah, I am a member of that site too, the conversion you speak of is yellow yeah?

It's alright, but for the money he spent I would have gone HSV.

Anyways, your car sounds awesome, my dream (if/when I can move back home) is to have an '05 GTO, with an ATI ProCharger, and HSV bodykit. that would be a good toy me thinks. :thumb:
    Yep, yellow conversion.

As far as the 05, with the huffer, and HSV body kit....well I think I just messed myself, and I am drooling all over the keyboard.

BTW, not to get off topic, but are you stationed there?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Man, I am glad I don't live there!!! We have Crown Victoria's as patrol cars here in Ohio...so I can outrun them if necessary
    They're all LS2's just so you know, you should see them at RBT (random breath testing) sites with all of their lights a-blazing... very intimidating.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Yep LS1 in it. I have long-tube headers, flowmaster exhaust, and a few other goodies on it. I also put the 2005 hood, and Sports Appearance package on it.

But I agree, HSV Monaros are AMAZING looking. I was a member on a GTO board a while back...we were all going to get into a group purchase, from Australia, for a bunch of HSV stuff, since it bolts right up. It fell through, however, one guy did a Monaro conversion on his GTO.
    It is basically a Holden Monaro, with the steering wheel on the left side.

Sweet pics!!!
    Yeah, I am a member of that site too, the conversion you speak of is yellow yeah?

It's alright, but for the money he spent I would have gone HSV.

Anyways, your car sounds awesome, my dream (if/when I can move back home) is to have an '05 GTO, with an ATI ProCharger, and HSV bodykit. that would be a good toy me thinks. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    Here they use those GTO's (Holden Monaro), and in Colorado they used to use Camaros. The Highway Patrol had a white '93 IROC, and then when the new style came in '94 They had a Silver Z28 .

One afternoon they both pulled up at a traffic light outside my parents store, I was drooling... You know they felt like kings to, driving slow, taking up both lanes in their badass cars....

Here's a pic of the Queensland Highway Patrol Cars...

Man, I am glad I don't live there!!! We have Crown Victoria's as patrol cars here in Ohio...so I can outrun them if necessary

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    Those GTOs are nice and I know they are fast....
    It moves, thats for sure. To be honest though, until I did the modifications to the GTO, my old 2000 Camaro SS would have beat it in a race.

Basically the GTO is very similair to the camaro, as far as speed goes, but it rides like a Cadillac. I was willing to give up a wee-little bit of speed, for the better ride, better interior, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Black00SS
    replied
    You shuld contact admin and have it changed to 04GTO, those things are badass....

Living in Australia I get to see the originals on a daily basis. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The US version, but they did it a dis-service styling it as bland as they did (ala Holden Monaro), had they put the Aussie HSV body kit on it, it would have sold like hot-cakes. Instead of dealers keeping them in their showrooms for 6 months, they wouldn't have been able to keep up... They wanted to save a few bucks, and it bit them in the butt.

Even the UK got the good body kit in the Vauxhall, why they didn't take it to the states is beyond me.

Examples:

Glad to hear you have one of those bad boys... It's an LS1 being an '04 right?
    Yep LS1 in it. I have long-tube headers, flowmaster exhaust, and a few other goodies on it. I also put the 2005 hood, and Sports Appearance package on it.

But I agree, HSV Monaros are AMAZING looking. I was a member on a GTO board a while back...we were all going to get into a group purchase, from Australia, for a bunch of HSV stuff, since it bolts right up. It fell through, however, one guy did a Monaro conversion on his GTO.
    It is basically a Holden Monaro, with the steering wheel on the left side.

Sweet pics!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    In Nebraska...our State Patrol (state police for those outside of US) use the Mustangs! So...they must be fast!
    Here they use those GTO's (Holden Monaro), and in Colorado they used to use Camaros. The Highway Patrol had a white '93 IROC, and then when the new style came in '94 They had a Silver Z28 .

One afternoon they both pulled up at a traffic light outside my parents store, I was drooling... You know they felt like kings to, driving slow, taking up both lanes in their badass cars....

Here's a pic of the Queensland Highway Patrol Cars...

Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    In Nebraska...our State Patrol (state police for those outside of US) use the Mustangs! So...they must be fast!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I like all performance cars, but I am a GM guy through, and through. My user name is a car I used to have, a 2000 Camaro SS. I now have a 2004 GTO with a couple things done to it.

Nice pics guys.
    You shuld contact admin and have it changed to 04GTO, those things are badass....

Living in Australia I get to see the originals on a daily basis. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The US version, but they did it a dis-service styling it as bland as they did (ala Holden Monaro), had they put the Aussie HSV body kit on it, it would have sold like hot-cakes. Instead of dealers keeping them in their showrooms for 6 months, they wouldn't have been able to keep up... They wanted to save a few bucks, and it bit them in the butt.

Even the UK got the good body kit in the Vauxhall, why they didn't take it to the states is beyond me.

Examples:

Glad to hear you have one of those bad boys... It's an LS1 being an '04 right?
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 10-24-2006, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    I like all performance cars, but I am a GM guy through, and through. My user name is a car I used to have, a 2000 Camaro SS. I now have a 2004 GTO with a couple things done to it.

Nice pics guys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X