Smoking in cars with Kids?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking in cars with Kids?!

OK – How many people actually think this doesn’t effect their kid? And why is it that you see so many parents smoking in the car with their kids in there with them? Why not just light it up & hand it to them?

Hey to each their own if they want to smoke, but do it OUTSIDE & not by kids. I get so frickin angry when I see selfish parents doing this with no regard to anyone but them selves. If people have that little self control that they can not go an hour or so with out a smoke while they are in a small enclosed area with children, makes you question what kind of parent they really are.

I have been smoke free for about 5 years now.
    When I smoked, I did it outside and never where my family could see me.
    I smoked for several years after being married to my current wife, she and the kids never seen me smoke a ciggarette, although they new I did. I don't know for sure at what age the kids figured it out though.

I don't think a lot of people care much about others including their children when it comes to what they want to do. :hammer:

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

I think it should be illegal. Underage kinds can't smoke, but they can be surrounded by secondhand smoke? And if anyone thinks second hand smoke in harmless doesn't know what there talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7
        OK – How many people actually think this doesn’t effect their kid? And why is it that you see so many parents smoking in the car with their kids in there with them? Why not just light it up & hand it to them?

Hey to each their own if they want to smoke, but do it OUTSIDE & not by kids. I get so frickin angry when I see selfish parents doing this with no regard to anyone but them selves. If people have that little self control that they can not go an hour or so with out a smoke while they are in a small enclosed area with children, makes you question what kind of parent they really are.
        Smoking in a car, or around kids at all is one of the most irresponsible, disgusting things you can do to a child.

I want to slap everyone I see doing it, and it should be made illegal. Second hand smoke kills, it's a FACT, why is this not child abuse?

To me it is...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
          I think it should be illegal. Underage kinds can't smoke, but they can be surrounded by secondhand smoke? And if anyone thinks second hand smoke in harmless doesn't know what there talking about.

Actually, that's not true.

Underage kids can't BUY ciggarettes, but it's not illegal for them to smoke.

Stupid yes, however true.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I smoke in the garage and at work but never in front of my son or wife..I figure if your going to have a bad habit,keep it to yourself.I dont even smoke at bars or anyother place unless I go outside,only fair..
            sigpic

Comment

My dad when he did smoke a long time ago, use to smoke in the car with me inside.

He said he would put down the window but all that did was blow all the smoke right at my face

Yeah smoking is very very bad and smells like a butthole thats been burnt.

Don't ask me how I know what a butthole thats been burnt smells like because I honestly don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                Actually, that's not true.

Underage kids can't BUY ciggarettes, but it's not illegal for them to smoke.

Stupid yes, however true.
                Wrong, I know tons of kids that were cited for undeage smoking in Colorado.....

Comment

Smoking is the one thing I hate most in this world.

My mom smokes...outside when we are at home,but she didn't used to. She used to smoke inside around us and everything...she still smokes in the car and is makes me so mad, and if I cough because of it she says "oh shut up." like I am trying to be mean to her.

I actually found out about a year ago that my mom smoked while she was pregnant with me...not my brothers though. I CRIED when she told me that, just because it made me feel like crap, I mean ina way that prooves how much she cared about having a baby you know? I yelled at her...then she told me that I was being a beep. Good times man good times.
                  ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

I'd be mega pissed if I found that out.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
                      Smoking is the one thing I hate most in this world.

My mom smokes...outside when we are at home,but she didn't used to. She used to smoke inside around us and everything...she still smokes in the car and is makes me so mad, and if I cough because of it she says "oh shut up." like I am trying to be mean to her.

I actually found out about a year ago that my mom smoked while she was pregnant with me...not my brothers though. I CRIED when she told me that, just because it made me feel like crap, I mean ina way that prooves how much she cared about having a baby you know? I yelled at her...then she told me that I was being a beep. Good times man good times.
                      Sorry turtle....

That's crap...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                        Sorry turtle....

That's crap...
                        Thanks man... It kinda taught me a lesson though...never ever pick up a cigarette.
                        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

personally it doesn't bother me. my parents have done it for a long time and i've gotten used to it. so if i'm in the car with you go ahead and light up i don't really care.
                          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93
                            personally it doesn't bother me. my parents have done it for a long time and i've gotten used to it. so if i'm in the car with you go ahead and light up i don't really care.
                            Enjoy your clogged up and blackened lungs, glad that doesn't bother you.

Comment

If you're in your car, do what you want but, you ain't lightin' up in mine.

At some point they probably will make it illegal, you already can't smoke any where else in CA.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                              How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Working...
                              X