Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'M SO IRRITATED! Someone stole my decorations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M SO IRRITATED! Someone stole my decorations!

Ok, I decorate ALL OUT for Halloween.

Well last night while my kids were home alone, we were couple miles away at an adult costume party, Several hundred dollars worth of my decorations were stolen.
    I filed a police report, then still pissed off I spent 2 hours undecorating my yard & taking down lights, etc.

Now I am still irritated & have decided I am going to paint a giant 5x5 sign to put in my front yard addressed to the person that stole my things, or at least explaing why all my decorations are down.

My neighbors are angry as well & said how sad they are that I am taking everything down. But he did help, after his wife made me a mudslide to drink while undecorating. It is so disappointing because we are the house that everyone is welcome, familys hang out here, everyone is welcome to use the pool, sit in the garage & have a beer. We put on a halloween party for the kids.

And THIS is the thanks we get. I know it may sound trivial to some, but I don't steal, and I expect the same from others.

Anyhow if you have any ideas of what I can paint on the sign, I would like to do that tonight, thanks.

"the Grinch Came Early This Year - Stole Halloween Instead"
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      Thats a good one.

Comment

That is too bad
        You were just trying to have some fun.

Comment

Yeah thats basiclly it and thanks for cheering me up WhoDey CP for you!

Comment

That's the way it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
              That's the way it goes...
              No, no, no, no Its this "Thats the way the cookie crumbles." Me and him have the same name.... I love that movie lol

Comment

This sucks. I feel bad for you .

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                2. Taxes
                3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

What a drag. We deck our house as well and I would be highly irritated too. We really get into at Christmas and actually wondered if we would find our stuff missing someday since it has happened before in another area of our neighborhood.

So none of the neighbors saw anything?
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, it's the world we live in now.

Sorry about your decorations, but don't let that get you down. Holidays are all about enjoying your family and friends not to mention your good health. Just take solice in that.
                    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                      Sadly, it's the world we live in now.

Sorry about your decorations, but don't let that get you down. Holidays are all about enjoying your family and friends not to mention your good health. Just take solice in that.
                      Oh I know & my kids were crying when we spent the night taking everything down. Sucks.
                      But the the cop made the comment "wow you guys really go all out & based on the size of the things that were stolen, they may have just run out of room"

And she even said something to the effect that we should keep an eye out the next 2 nights. I just told her, I don't want to live like that. I have too much money these decorations, I think they all are coming down tonight. Cop said it was unfortunate, but she understood. And either way they would patrol the nieghborhood more the next couple nights.

I built this house 7 yrs ago, and have never had a problem here.

Man I am bummed tonight - and then the Bronco & Wild loss on top of it.
                      Last edited by Missin#7; 10-29-2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the theft.

It's a bad feeling to come home and find things missing, I have had it happen to me before as well. It's not just the theft, it's the invasion of sorts, someone coming into your yard and taking your stuff while your in the house (or your kids).
                        My son's car was stolen out of our driveway about a year and a half ago and they rumagged through my wife's car also. We were in the house sleeping and the police woke us up with a knock on the door, a rather rude awakening.

You just have to move on and let it go, get on with your life.
                        An idea would be to put a camera out so you could see who is doing it, you won't stop them but, maybe you can catch them.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Sorry to hear this....hopefully the Police can find out who did this....

stealing is one of the lowest things anybody can do...
                          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

CP to you. I ended up making 2 signs, because I wanted the wording BIG

first sign says exactly what you suggested
                            second sign says "REWARD for return of our decorations"

I took every last decoration & lights down last night. Then slept like crap because I am still mad about it.

Comment

I've had all my Christmas decorations vandalized before.

Yet, I didn't take them down, except those that were completely ruined.

No...I went and bought more. I'm not letting anyone take anything away

from me, nor would I let them ruin my child's holiday either. Then I told all my neighbors,
                              and I watched like a hawk....just hoping I'd see those little buggers again.

As disheartening as it is momentarily....much worse things could happen in your life.
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Working...
                              X