Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BTK Strangler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The BTK Strangler

    Dont know of how many of you know about the BTK Strangler, the serial killer in Wichita, Kansas from the 70's.

    He hasnt been heard of for 25 years and has just recently popped up! He sent a letter to the Wichita Eagle on March 19th, 2004 with pictures of the crime scene of one of his murders and a photocopy of her drivers license, proving it's BTK.

    BTK stands for "Blind, Torture, Kill". I live about 40 minutes from Wichita and I thought it was pretty crazy. Even though he's still out there, he is probably like 60 years old now, so I could probably kick his ass .

    Here's a link about him...


    ------

    Just wondering if there were any unsolved/solved big killers near you guys?
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: The BTK Strangler

    Originally posted by Jim
    Dont know of how many of you know about the BTK Strangler, the serial killer in Wichita, Kansas from the 70's.

    He hasnt been heard of for 25 years and has just recently popped up! He sent a letter to the Wichita Eagle on March 19th, 2004 with pictures of the crime scene of one of his murders and a photocopy of her drivers license, proving it's BTK.

    BTK stands for "Blind, Torture, Kill". I live about 40 minutes from Wichita and I thought it was pretty crazy. Even though he's still out there, he is probably like 60 years old now, so I could probably kick his ass .

    Here's a link about him...


    ------

    Just wondering if there were any unsolved/solved big killers near you guys?
    Unless he was a deranged teen or college kid, then he'd be in his 40's.

    But if they do catch him, I am all for a community ass whippin. Hell, I'll drive out and participate.

    In all seriousness, does Kansas have the death penalty? If this guy (and I am assuming it is a guy because 99% of all serial killers are) is found, would you support that punishment?

    Raises some serious questions.

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea, Kansas has the death penalty, but I think its only Lethal Injection, which I think is total crap.

      I believe they should bring back the hangins...or the good'ol execution.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The BTK Strangler

        Originally posted by Jim


        Just wondering if there were any unsolved/solved big killers near you guys?
        To answer your question, I am still somewhat new to San Diego, but in my part of Eastern PA, there are no unsolved crimes quite like that (i.e. suspected to be serial murders).

        There was a big case in 1987 involving two Lehigh University students, and the guy they found guilty was put to death, but there were always questions about that case, and this was pre-DNA as evidence. The victims body was cremated. I was only 12, but I never quite liked the prosecution's timeline that was presented in court. I was interested in it because the guy lived across the street from me and I delivered his paper. He killed her in her dorm room, and her roommate never wakes up? (they claimed he drugged them both) No one heard anything? and they say he followed a student into the dorms, but no motive was ever given to WHY.

        Yes, they had dated, so his fingerprints were there, and trace amounts of semen were found, but again, they were an item.

        I dunno. Even after all these years, that case just bugs me. So I personally consider it unresolved. I need to know WHY, I guess.

        Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

        The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jim
          Yea, Kansas has the death penalty, but I think its only Lethal Injection, which I think is total crap.

          I believe they should bring back the hangins...or the good'ol execution.
          Well, I do believe in the death penalty, or at least, I am not against it. But I just feel that we shouldn't torture. It is beneath us as Americans, if not as human beings. We claim to have a higher moral standard in this country.

          And if they aren't afraid to die (which would pretty much do it for me), then pain or torture isn't going to be any additional deterrent.

          Just my own thoughts......no intent to offend anyone.

          Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

          The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jared
            Well, I do believe in the death penalty, or at least, I am not against it. But I just feel that we shouldn't torture. It is beneath us as Americans, if not as human beings. We claim to have a higher moral standard in this country.

            And if they aren't afraid to die (which would pretty much do it for me), then pain or torture isn't going to be any additional deterrent.
            i agree that the state shouldn't torture. however, were one of the families to come across this guy before the police do i'd look the other way if they chose to f the guy up and then kill him. i don't find that sentiment particularly immoral either; its not sadism, its justice for the pain he caused the victims. this is assuming you were sure he was the one; like you caught him writing one of the letters or something.
            i also think that someone who not afraid to die might still be afraid of pain. i like to think that i'm not too afraid of being dead, however, i'm definately afraid of torture.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mattos
              i agree that the state shouldn't torture. however, were one of the families to come across this guy before the police do i'd look the other way if they chose to f the guy up and then kill him. i don't find that sentiment particularly immoral either; its not sadism, its justice for the pain he caused the victims. this is assuming you were sure he was the one; like you caught him writing one of the letters or something.
              i also think that someone who not afraid to die might still be afraid of pain. i like to think that i'm not too afraid of being dead, however, i'm definately afraid of torture.
              That hardest thing to do is forgive. I would like to think that at some point, I would be able to use my faith and say that it is not my place to seek vengance. let God or Allah or Yahweh, or Jehovah, (whatever you call it) pass judgement. That's hard for humans to do. Like I said, I'd like to THINK I would do that, but let's not test that theory, shall we?

              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jared
                That hardest thing to do is forgive. I would like to think that at some point, I would be able to use my faith and say that it is not my place to seek vengance. let God or Allah or Yahweh, or Jehovah, (whatever you call it) pass judgement. That's hard for humans to do. Like I said, I'd like to THINK I would do that, but let's not test that theory, shall we?
                yeah my sentiment is entirely contradictory to my beliefs as a christian. i think the christian thing to do would be to forgive the guy. but i doubt i could do that.
                sigpic
                go broncos
                share the sidewalk
                liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

                Comment

                Working...
                X