Is Flirting Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Flirting Cheating?

Is flirting really cheating? What if the job might require a bit? <Jewelry Counter, Car Salesman, Bellsouth operator (I guess that wouldn't count as cheating because you cant physically touch or see them), Best Buy Floor Associate, pretty much anything in Retail, Auto Mechanic- maybe to buy the part and their not really fixed on buying the part to fix their car and need convincing, etc>>

This has happened to me plenty of times. I'm at Best Buy, supermarket or better yet Ladies Foot Locker with my sister the other day. I have no knowledge of women shoes and to be brief I didn't wanna be there. I sat to the side and gave my sister the ole' "Oh yeah yeah those nice too" routine while she tried on every pair in the store. Nice looking Employee comes over. Says "Hey". I return the greeting and conversation breaks out. I kept it PG, Though I was sure she saw my ring, I made it my business that she know I was married. No numbers exchanged by my request, no booty call, no cheating, end of story.

Best Buy - I go in there looking for a new camcorder for a project for work. My wife goes off with my son and looks at the Cartoon DVDs for the kids. I get to talking to the clerk in the camera section......who just so happen to be a ....beautiful woman. Once she helps me find what I want. She asks me what I'm doing yada yada yada yada.....For some reason we get in to where she goes to college where she lives.......who suprises us? the WIFE. Comes over starts screamin at me in Spanish basically saying who is this? what are you making a new wife? Is this what you're suppose to be buying a wife instead of a camera? Does she take credit cards?

So I apologized to woman (while the wife is still talking) and bought my stuff and left.. And you guessed it 6574959438759875938539759475million more hours of arguing when I got home, To sum it up:

Wife: (keep in mind my kids are not around and shes not yelling)
    Why do you have to talk to every P***y in Miami.

Me: I was just talking. I can't help that I'm friendly. I m not sleeping with anyone else but you.
    Yes
    26.92%
    No
    48.08%
    Only if you get the number
    25.00%
    "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

I flirt all the time... I don't think it's wrong.... as long as there's no intention of anything more and both sides know that.

In my field of work, it is actually a good trait to have, and it's helped me do my job well.

Comment

No, I dont think it's really cheating. It all depends on your intent.

Sounds like your wife doesnt trust you, bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
        I flirt all the time... I don't think it's wrong.... as long as there's no intention of anything more and both sides know that.

In my field of work, it is actually a good trait to have, and it's helped me do my job well.
        Yes ladies and gentlmen,those sex chat up lines you hear so much about,thats were Lt works!
        SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
        Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by alan
          Yes ladies and gentlmen,those sex chat up lines you hear so much about,thats were Lt works!
          Somebody's got to manage the B******s!

Now get back to work!

Comment

is your wife the jealous type who doesnt want you talking to another female outside the family or did she happen upon some flirting mixed with some body language?
            sounds like she jumped to conclusions cause the woman was pretty but I don't know.I have a friend who is jealous beyond belief and even she knows its wrong but she can't help it...

I don't think there is anything wrong with flirting if thats all it is and becomes nothing more....
            Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Allright you two. You know the drill.

Get a room!!

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                No, I dont think it's really cheating. It all depends on your intent.

Sounds like your wife doesnt trust you, bummer.

I agree with JW intent is the key

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
                R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
                  is your wife the jealous type who doesnt want you talking to another female outside the family or did she happen upon some flirting mixed with some body language?
                  sounds like she jumped to conclusions cause the woman was pretty but I don't know.I have a friend who is jealous beyond belief and even she knows its wrong but she can't help it...

I don't think there is anything wrong with flirting if thats all it is and becomes nothing more....
                  Do you get jealous when women talk to ur husband tony gonzalez?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                    Do you get jealous when women talk to ur husband tony gonzalez?

lol...oh how how I wish....if my hubby looked like Tony G.....now there might be
                    trouble....

I told a gal at work once that God should of made all men look like Tony.There would never be divorces or infidelity EVER!!!

SORRY :offtopic:
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Nope.....

Work would be boring if not.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                        Nope.....

Work would be boring if not.

I agree WTM....
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon

Alas since quitting my job for the sake of my kids a few weeks back, I've had very few oppurtunities to flirt. And when I did, my wife was very unimpressed.
                          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

There's flirting (fun and playful, without intent like WTM said) and then there's FLIRTING (serious suggestion and touching).

I think women often get jealous when they themselves feel insecure. On the other hand... sometimes they have reason to be.

I wouldn't have 'called you out' like that...nor make that woman more important than she deserved to be by involving her in my anger. I wouldn't have done that to myself first and foremost. I'd go straight to my man at a different time. Sorry that happened to you.

From your story...that didn't sound like anything to worry about at all.

Long ride home?

Flirting...I like a little coming at me and like to give a little back, but just in a very playful, non-threatening to anyone manner. I'm not jeaopardizing my life or my commitments on a flirt that's for sure. I think people flirt and don't even realize they do it sometimes. I see my dad a bit flirtacious, and he's been married to my mom for 55 years. I see my mom get flirted with still, and she's slightly embarrassed, but you can see she enjoyed it. Some people think a compliment is flirting. I guess flirting is defined differently to us all.

So...how do we define Flirting?
                            Last edited by His Wife; 11-01-2006, 07:22 PM.
                            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

I dont think its 'cheating' at all!

When I worked at Frys Electronics...I was the Only female sales person...and if I Didnt flirt I lost out on a lot of sales!

If you both know it isnt going anywhere...No harm No Foul!

Your wife, IMO, REALLY overreacted all over you!! That SUX!!! ('specially in public)
                              Snk16!!
                              VulcanGLF2

Comment

Working...
                              X