Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other DISH customers get this yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any other DISH customers get this yet?

    We have been subscribed to the Denver channels for years.
    And enjoying it.
    Who makes these decisions?! :hammer:
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


    Got this today

    Dear Customer,

    Based upon a recent court ruling, there may be some small changes to your DISH Network programming. Rest assured, you will be able to continue to receive your local networks and other great programming that DISH Network currently provides.

    So, you are NOT in danger of losing any of your local network channels, such as ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX, from your community, and you can still enjoy all of the other great programming we provide, like ESPN, USA, Discovery and Showtime, without interruption.

    But unfortunately, as a result of a recent court ruling, no later than December 1st, 2006, we may no longer be able to provide distant networks to customers regardless of past qualifications. Distant networks are the ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX broadcast channels that you receive that originate from a market outside your community.

    In addition, DISH Network continues to do everything possible to prevent you from losing your distant network channels before December 1st. If you want to help our efforts and preserve your distant network channels – or learn more about what is happening in Washington about this issue – you can go to www.savemychannels.com which will walk you through how you can contact and email your representatives in Congress to ask them to protect your channels. Because we are running out of time, we ask you to call and email today.

    Please visit channel 240 for additional information.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a loyal DISH Network customer.

  • #2
    Wow. I can't believe you've had it for this long. DirecTV dropped my other local channels like 3 years ago. Now I'm stuck with only Charlotte channels. I live here but I loved getting the other locals. That stinks Summerz.

    Comment


    • #3
      i havent got one of those yet.........

      Comment


      • #4
        It willl mean going back to JETS games mostly! :shake: :doh:
        ICK!
        Although we do have ESPN.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not a happy camper

          Originally posted by slickdonkey7
          Wow. I can't believe you've had it for this long. DirecTV dropped my other local channels like 3 years ago. Now I'm stuck with only Charlotte channels. I live here but I loved getting the other locals. That stinks Summerz.
          Yes it does, we have had The Denver channels for like 10 years now.
          And really enjoyed them.
          Get the Bronco updates a long with the news, I'm from Colorado so it made me feel closer to home.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Summerz
            It willl mean going back to JETS games mostly! :shake: :doh:
            Where do I send the green jersey and the cassette of Joe Namath doing the J-E-T-S chant???????

            Seriously, that stinks. I really don't understand why the networks do things like that. I mean I understand about "local broadcast rights" and the almighty $$, but with so few people watching them nowadays, you'd think they'd be dying to get viewers no matter what.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Summerz
              Yes it does, we have had The Denver channels for like 10 years now.
              And really enjoyed them.
              Get the Bronco updates a long with the news, I'm from Colorado so it made me feel closer to home.
              I know what you mean(feeling closer to home). I moved here to be closer to my Dad and Sister. I miss the heck out of CO. It did help in keeping you to feel connected still.
              Stinking court rulings. It's all about the commercials, I think. Why else would they do that. I mean I paid extra to have those channels. Why would they wnat to lose that income? Get a petition together, lets take it all the way to the Supreme Court.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slickdonkey7
                I know what you mean(feeling closer to home). I moved here to be closer to my Dad and Sister. I miss the heck out of CO. It did help in keeping you to feel connected still.
                Stinking court rulings. It's all about the commercials, I think. Why else would they do that. I mean I paid extra to have those channels. Why would they wnat to lose that income? Get a petition together, lets take it all the way to the Supreme Court.
                Thanks, it's nice some one else understands. Yes it was MORE just than football.
                I don't know why they do what they do sometimes.
                I mean obviously there is a market for out of state viewers.
                It was one of theperks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                  Where do I send the green jersey and the cassette of Joe Namath doing the J-E-T-S chant???????
                  Bite your tongue.

                  Well they did it, they are gone! I'm already homesicker than I was before.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slickdonkey7
                    Wow. I can't believe you've had it for this long. DirecTV dropped my other local channels like 3 years ago. Now I'm stuck with only Charlotte channels. I live here but I loved getting the other locals. That stinks Summerz.
                    This is why I have NFL Sunday Ticket
                    I never miss a Denver game
                    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Summerz
                      It willl mean going back to JETS games mostly! :shake: :doh:
                      ICK!
                      Although we do have ESPN.
                      Directv. NFL Sunday Ticket
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        have had the ticket before...

                        Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                        Directv. NFL Sunday Ticket :

                        But it's not the same.
                        It was also like being able to go to Colorado everyday.
                        **insert temper tantrum**

                        I'll get over it sigh.............................................. ..........................................
                        Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 11-29-2006, 03:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                          Directv. NFL Sunday Ticket
                          Got it Med. I still miss the local Denver channels I used to get. The only local coverage I get is through Fox Sports Rocky Mountian. The ticket has saved me many times, although we've been on primetime so much this year I almost didn't need it this year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Summerz
                            But it's not the same.
                            It was also like being able to go to Colorado everyday.
                            **insert temper tantrum**

                            I'll get over it sigh.............................................. ..........................................
                            Major bummer. Sorry.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Woo I'm glad I live in Wyoming.

                              I get to see all the Denver games, be it Broncos, Nuggets, or Avalanche [ech go Oilers!]

                              ^^ Thanks reidman

                              Can you guess who my favorite Bronco is?


                              ^^ Thanks to Snapping Turtle...
                              ...even though it was a freebie reject

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X