--- Fly Your Flag !!! ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Fly Your Flag !!! ---

--- "For many Americans, Veterans Day has turned into a commercial holiday ---

--- An excuse to hit the big sales at the shopping malls !!! ---

--- Worse yet, many regard Memorial Day as a time to celebrate the beginning of summer rather than a day set aside to honor our nation's war dead ---

--- Is it any wonder veterans often feel their fellow countrymen don't appreciate the sacrifices they made ? ---

--- Fly your flag on all patriotic holidays, but especially on Veterans Day and Memorial Day ---

--- In doing so, you'll show veterans you remember and care ---

--- Just as importantly, you'll remind others in your neighborhood of the meaning of these two observances ---

--- It's such a simple thing to do, but so important !" ---

--- Remember to fly your flag this Veterans Day, Saturday 11 November 2006 !!!

--- And please, if you can, donate to the DAV !!! ---

--- The Disabled American Veterans ---

--- www.dav.org

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

I agree.
    Where would this country be without veterans willing to die for their cause and country.
    Long live the Broncos
    Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
    My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

We have been flying our flag since the beginning of the war...

good post az...
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Yes sirreee!

Thanks for the post AZ! I agree with you on all points.

I am a lifetime member of the DAV and a disabled Army vet to boot. My brother is still serving and could retire if he wanted to but just wants to keep serving.

My flag flies 24/7 (properly illuminated, of course).

Take the time to thank a vet you know.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
          --- "For many Americans, Veterans Day has turned into a commercial holiday ---

--- An excuse to hit the big sales at the shopping malls !!! ---

--- Worse yet, many regard Memorial Day as a time to celebrate the beginning of summer rather than a day set
          aside to honor our nation's war dead ---

--- Is it any wonder veterans often feel their fellow countrymen don't appreciate the sacrifices they made ? ---

--- Fly your flag on all patriotic holidays, but especially on Veterans Day and Memorial Day ---

--- In doing so, you'll show veterans you remember and care ---

--- Just as importantly, you'll remind others in your neighborhood of the meaning of these two observances ---

--- It's such a simple thing to do, but so important !" ---

--- Remember to fly your flag this Veterans Day, Saturday 11 November 2006 !!!

--- And please, if you can, donate to the DAV !!! ---

--- The Disabled American Veterans ---

--- www.dav.org

Morning AZ! Good reminder. I've never looked at Veterans Day as anything but a tribute to men and women in the military and those who have given up so much to keep this United States a democracy, free, and safe. In fact, I've felt the "sales" around stores is appauling. Have quite a few in my own family.

DAV - I donate to quite frequently to. They call me every two weeks to see if they can stop by and pick up items. They will even give you a reminder call----because they need these donations!

Paralyzed Vets - I gave furniture to (a lot actually) that we did not have room for, and they even had a couple veterans come and pick it up. They were very grateful, because they said that they needed it for vets to practice with in their wheelchairs and handicaps, like a staged home environment so they can adapt once out on their own. They were thrilled and therefore, so was I.

Even if you don't have extra cash....there are other ways to donate. Time, your truck to haul (even if only one time) items they need, household items (in decent working condition).

Nice thread AZ---a goody! :thumb:
          Last edited by His Wife; 11-08-2006, 03:40 AM.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by broncolitis
            I agree.
            Where would this country be without veterans willing to die for their cause and country.
            Where would be any country without the sacrifice of some people for freedom and all our causes ?

BTW, good thread AZ... I think no country should forget the ones who gave their blood for it...
            Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Fly your flag proudly ,to many people forget what sacrifices were made so we could have our freedom. :usa:

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
              R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

We fly our flag with pride every national holiday and then some. And like KC Lady, we have a flag wind sock that has been up since the war started and will not come down until our boys are home.

I have a veteran marine as a neighbor and he appreciates seeing that flag fly. He told me so. :usa:
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

--- broncolitis, KCLadyFan, CameronY, His Wife, frenchfan, bronco bible and BroncoManiac_69 are going to fly their flags tommorrow !!! ---

--- I understand that some of you have HOA restrictions, but are any more of our members planning on displaying your country's colors on Veterans Day ?

--- Proudly fly your flag !!!

--- Thanks

--- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                    --- broncolitis, KCLadyFan, CameronY, His Wife, frenchfan, bronco bible and BroncoManiac_69 are going to fly their flags tommorrow !!! ---

--- I understand that some of you have HOA restrictions, but are any more of our members planning on displaying your country's colors on Veterans Day ?

--- Proudly fly your flag !!!

--- Thanks

--- az

nope...

but i swear ill wear a shirt...

:usa:

sigpic

Comment

Excellent Post! And a reminder to us all what this day is about.

I'm proud to say My Father, both brothers & My Husband are all veterans! Thank you to everyone that has served & is serving our country. Bless you all!

Comment

Nice thread, AZ....

....so what's up with JD and the 'uncounted' ballots?

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Fly your/our flag proudly.

Emancipate your mind!
                          The People's Poster

Comment

Today is Veteran's Day! Hang your flag!
                            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Fly one on BroncoMania
                              Last edited by ThunderGirl; 11-11-2006, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X