Thinking of moving to Denver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of moving to Denver...

Hey, new to the board here and figured what better way to find out info about Denver than from the football fans! I live in Omaha, NE right now and I'm looking to move out to Denver. I've been there twice, and I will be visiting again in Feb. to look at apartments and what not, I am thinking of the Lakewood area. Is that a decent place to live in? I obviously don't know much about nice areas and what not, so anything would help. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by JoshS24
    Hey, new to the board here and figured what better way to find out info about Denver than from the football fans! I live in Omaha, NE right now and I'm looking to move out to Denver. I've been there twice, and I will be visiting again in Feb. to look at apartments and what not, I am thinking of the Lakewood area. Is that a decent place to live in? I obviously don't know much about nice areas and what not, so anything would help. Thanks guys.
    Welcome to the board....

As for Denver, bring a snow shovel.....

Comment

Well hello there and welcome to Broncomania. I have not lived in the Denver metro area for over 15 years now so I will let some of the current natives answer your nice area question.

I know you will love Colorado. It is beautiful and I go visit as often as I can.

Glad to have you around.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Here are a couple of Lakewood sites for you. Hope they help.

www.lakewood.org
        www.lakewoodcolorado.com

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
          Well hello there and welcome to Broncomania. I have not lived in the Denver metro area for over 15 years now so I will let some of the current natives answer your nice area question.

I know you will love Colorado. It is beautiful and I go visit as often as I can.

Glad to have you around.
          Ditto and welcome.

Comment

So where is the best place to live in Denver? More looking for apartments, is Lakewood a good place, or should I keep searching for a differnet place?

Comment

So where is the best place to live in Denver? More looking for apartments, is Lakewood a good place, or should I keep searching for a differnet place?
              There are many good places to live in the Denver Metro area. Lakewood is good. Many like to live sort of close to where they work. Do you have a job lined up?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

I just moved to Lakewood. Its small, quiet, and not really busy. Yet it is close enough to the city (about 30 min drive at most) to get from here and there.

It is a bit boring though. Kind of a older people or small family area. Not sure how much fun you could have if you are living alone.

Before that I lived in Aurora. Its growing extremely fast. Possibly too fast. It felt like to me that in some areas the property value would drop because of it. Some very nice new houses and apartments though.

I live in Boulder right now. Its.....different up here. Good luck though finding housing. Boulder has a problem with that as there are plenty of jobs here, not so much living space.

I doubt this helped any. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                  I just moved to Lakewood. Its small, quiet, and not really busy. Yet it is close enough to the city (about 30 min drive at most) to get from here and there.

It is a bit boring though. Kind of a older people or small family area. Not sure how much fun you could have if you are living alone.

Before that I lived in Aurora. Its growing extremely fast. Possibly too fast. It felt like to me that in some areas the property value would drop because of it. Some very nice new houses and apartments though.

I live in Boulder right now. Its.....different up here. Good luck though finding housing. Boulder has a problem with that as there are plenty of jobs here, not so much living space.

I doubt this helped any. Good luck!
                  Whats the cost of living like out there?

for example in Washington State, $60,000 a year is a pretty comfortable living. You can buy a beginner house out here with a 1/4 acre to 1/2 acre of property for like $120G- $150G. I'm actually at a crossriads right now when it comes to buying a house.

I've heard Colorado is expensive.
                  You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Nas
                    Whats the cost of living like out there?

for example in Washington State, $60,000 a year is a pretty comfortable living. You can buy a beginner house out here with a 1/4 acre to 1/2 acre of property for like $120G- $150G. I'm actually at a crossriads right now when it comes to buying a house.

I've heard Colorado is expensive.
                    My house down in Aurora would have sold at about $200K hopefully, with a possibility of just $180K.

It is 3 levels, I'm guessing about 1800-1900 sq. ft., partially finished basement, corner lot, 2 car garage, swamp cooler, new paint, new roofing (I hated installing that). Lot of renters in the neighborhood though and 2 houses in forclosure.

Boulder I think it is more expensive due to the nicer houses, and high demand.

If you go out far enough I think you can find some very affordable houses with nice lots, but then I feel secluded.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                      My house down in Aurora would have sold at about $200K hopefully, with a possibility of just $180K.

It is 3 levels, I'm guessing about 1800-1900 sq. ft., partially finished basement, corner lot, 2 car garage, swamp cooler, new paint, new roofing (I hated installing that). Lot of renters in the neighborhood though and 2 houses in forclosure.

Boulder I think it is more expensive due to the nicer houses, and high demand.

If you go out far enough I think you can find some very affordable houses with nice lots, but then I feel secluded.
                      A house like that will probably get a similar price out here. (depending on the neighborhood you live in of course).

Living in the country doesen't bug me, thats what cars are for. :thumb:

thnx for the info
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Don't know much about Denver but I'm jealous if you move to the mile high city.
                        Long live the Broncos
                        Member of lagpa.

Thanks Reid!
                        My adopt-a-bronco!!! I used to be very proud now that has all changed. Now I am perfect!
                        John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I really prefer Denver proper.

Here's a map of the neighborhoods in Denver to get an idea of where everything is at.

http://www.denvergov.org/admin/templ...RHOODOct03.pdf

Denver's kind of a strange place in that there are nice neighborhoods right next to not so nice neighborhoods. In the city of Denver, there are some bad neighborhoods, but there are no gigantic ghettos.

I think that the Capitol Hill Neighborhood is pretty cool and I used to live in the Cheesman Park neighborhood. Both places are near enough to the center of the city where you can walk for things that you need and there are some nice houses and condos to live at.

I really liked being near downtown Denver. I live in Golden now, but I end up driving to downtown pretty often.

Oh and as for Aurora, I would never want to live there. I guess it's cheap, but it's just not somewhere that I'd want to live. If I chose to live in a suburb, Golden or Lakewood would be my choice.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

you want to live as close as you possibly can to colfax avenue. . . .

nah, just kidding-- but owl is right, if you're going to live in denver, live in denver proper. . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                              you want to live as close as you possibly can to colfax avenue. . . .

nah, just kidding-- but owl is right, if you're going to live in denver, live in denver proper. . .

Oh Colfax! If you are down there you can always see me worki.....uhhhhh

uhhhh, forget about that.

But if you are ever in Trinidad, you can come see me get my surger.....crap..:doh:

Comment

Working...
                              X