What the H*** is wrong with people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the H*** is wrong with people?

I cannot believe what is going on anymore!!!!

George Washington statue beheaded at NYC cathedral
    posted by Dan Boniface Web Producer

NEW YORK (AP) - Vandals beheaded a statue of George Washington at one of the world's largest cathedrals and left a dollar bill on what was left of the neck, police said Friday.

The damage was discovered Sunday at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, near Columbia University, Officer Kathleen Price said.

The statue, near the front of the church, is part of a church collection of historical figures spanning 20 centuries. A statue of William Shakespeare represents 17th century, Washington the 18th century, and Abraham Lincoln the 19th century.

Police were still investigating the damage Friday morning and had not made any arrests.

The building, a neo-Gothic landmark big enough to hold two football fields, serves as the principal church of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. Construction on St. John the Divine began in 1892, but it is still only three-fifths complete.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Dang you, Bart Simpson!

Seriously though... that's really messed up. I don't know what else to say. Lack of respect towards others' property is one thing... but on this kind of scale???!

:brick:
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Some have little respect for other's property.
      That's so disrepectful. Probably done by some cowardly thugs/punks.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
        Some have little respect for other's property.
        That's so disrepectful. Probably done by some cowardly thugs/punks.
        I know that people do stuff like this all of the time, BUT to a patriotic statue????

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
          I cannot believe what is going on anymore!!!!

George Washington statue beheaded at NYC cathedral
          posted by Dan Boniface Web Producer

NEW YORK (AP) - Vandals beheaded a statue of George Washington at one of the world's largest cathedrals and left a dollar bill on what was left of the neck, police said Friday.

The damage was discovered Sunday at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, near Columbia University, Officer Kathleen Price said.

The statue, near the front of the church, is part of a church collection of historical figures spanning 20 centuries. A statue of William Shakespeare represents 17th century, Washington the 18th century, and Abraham Lincoln the 19th century.

Police were still investigating the damage Friday morning and had not made any arrests.

The building, a neo-Gothic landmark big enough to hold two football fields, serves as the principal church of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. Construction on St. John the Divine began in 1892, but it is still only three-fifths complete.

Total BS to do something like that - friggin morons - but maybe they were trying to make a point with putting the dollar bill there- maybe they were trying to say this country has lost its principals and what we stood for in the first place - although that was a pretty dumb way to do it -

Comment

Some how I am sure it's Jake's fault.

Seriously though that is pathetic. Even punks and thugs should have some sort of morals. It is an insult by leaving the dollar bill there. :devil:
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

What do you use to behead a statue?

A tile saw?

That's kinda loud.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                What do you use to behead a statue?

A tile saw?

That's kinda loud.
                Im a bit surprised that they wouldnt have seen someone doing it.

Maybe they just took it off with one swift swing of a bat?

Either way, I hope they pay.

Comment

At least they were considerate enough to replace his head with a dollar bill...

Seriously though, aside from this being disrespectful & juvenile, doesn't anyone find it slightly funny that they replaced his head with a picture of his head on the $1 bill?

Of course, I thought it was funny when someone from my home town stole the baby jesus from a nativity scene and replaced it with a SPAM ham.

Comment

Working...
                  X