Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods please dont move....Tillman to the Hall of Fame!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods please dont move....Tillman to the Hall of Fame!

How many of you guys think Tillman should be allowed into the hall of fame (forget all that five year crap) asap.

He lost his life fighting for the USA, what is more NFL than that.
    sigpic

Voters aren't allowed to vote on basis of what players did off of the field. And saying that, Tillman didn't do enough on the field to even get recognition.

Great person, but I really doubt he'll get into the HoF.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

This is going to be moved. Why wouldnt you want it to be moved? People seem to think that anything not in GD is going to be ignored.

and no, he lost his life fighting for his country, very honorable, but he doesn't deserve to be in the HoF. Thats for football achievements.

Comment

I'd really like to say yes, but My mind won't let me. Purple heart? Yes. Medal of honer? Absolutely. Hall of fame? No. But as an American, Thank you very much to all those past, present, and future in our armed forces.

Comment

That sucks

unfortunatly i dont have much more to say about that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
            I'd really like to say yes, but My mind won't let me. Purple heart? Yes. Medal of honer? Absolutely. Hall of fame? No. But as an American, Thank you very much to all those past, present, and future in our armed forces.
            I think he has to live to get a purple heart (as in, only be injured).

Sounds a bit harsh, but there are better medals he will probably get anyways

Comment

Originally posted by coco
              How many of you guys think Tillman should be allowed into the hall of fame (forget all that five year crap) asap.

He lost his life fighting for the USA, what is more NFL than that.
              That's not NFL. That's beyond NFL, life.

How about those MLB players that fought in WWII, Korea & Vietman, whether they were drafted or volunteering. Should they all be inducted?

The NFL Hall of Fame is about recognizing outstanding individual achievements on the gridiron. Pat Tillman was a brave brave man, but he is not an NFL Hall of Famer. Maybe he can get some kind of special mention, but to tell you the truth, that somewhat undermines what every other volunteer in this War on Terror has done. I think what the NFL is doing right now is fine. Recognize the sacrifice, but don't blow it up so much that it underscores what every other volunteer in the War on Terror is doing by risking their lives as well.

Comment

he can be remembered for more things. People have actualy died from hits ON the field. He didn't die for the NFL. Tillman made a great sacrifice, and one that should be remembered (I personally think that that Dan Patrick has the right idea. Make one of the 40 yrd markers on the field a different color, so that its always remembered, and so that when kids later ask their dads why its a different color, they can explain it).

Comment

Ya know, when you start out a thread with "Mods, please dont move......", it pretty much tells us you KNOW your posting in the wronf forum.

Yet, you expect us to just ignore it?

Anyway, I have to agree with the other respondents here. The Hall is for FOOTBALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS, nothing else.

They dont put people in because they becaame Senators, died on the battlefield, or went on to famous movie careers. On the flip side, they also dont remove people for commiting crimes or the like.

It's recognition simply for what you do on the football field, nothing else.

Now you'll forgive me, but this is going into Other Teams. Unless someone has a better suggestion. I'm flexible, lol.

But GD is for BRONCO related stuff..................

Edit, changed my mind and put it in ABF.

Comment

I just don't think he did enough on the NFL to make it to the Hall of Fame, there are others that deserve to be in there. I know that he gave his life for our country, and he deserves medals and such, just not in the hall of fame. Thank all of our troops, you may not believe/like, what we are doing in other countries, or who is in Washington, but the troops are just doing their jobs and they keep us free from doing this kind of bickering. Yeah I know I went a tad:offtopic:
                    Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

I belive that in enshrining him, in a way you are paying tribute to All those, not only nfl players, but all athletes that have given up there lifes in defense of the country.

But I do understand what everyone is saying, I just think it would be a hell of a notion.
                      sigpic

Comment

I belive that in enshrining him, in a way you are paying tribute to All those, not only nfl players, but all athletes that have given up there lifes in defense of the country.

But I do understand what everyone is saying, I just think it would be a hell of a notion.
                        Its a nice thought, but there are other ways to do it better.

I like that 40 yard line idea.

Comment

So what you're saying is that an athlete is any better than the next person?

An athlete that serves is no better than the next person who serves in the Army.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Sorry, but it does not. In fact, it mocks and insults those before him because they were NOT inducted, yet he was (would be.) It would be sheer lunacy to have him as a "representative" for fallen sport heroes. I see what you're trying to say, but it's not logical in the Hall of Fame sense.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                              I think he has to live to get a purple heart (as in, only be injured).

Sounds a bit harsh, but there are better medals he will probably get anyways

A purple heart is awarded to service men/women whom are wounded or killed in action. :usa:

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                              How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Working...
                              X