AOL Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL Radio

This is pretty cool. Just tried it out and it is hosted by XM. The choices of music is outstanding and right now I am listening to Big Hair Metal. LOL.

Even on dial up, there is no interruption from the feed. Way cool.

Has anyone else on AOL tried this?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Yeah, I have AOL so I've listened to it.

There's alot of station variety.

A friend of mine pays 13 bucks a month for XM.

I get it for basically free.

Some of the Sports channels are XM subscription only but the majority of the channels are there.

Plus AOL has alot of channels in addition to the XM.

If you like music, it's a pretty good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
      This is pretty cool. Just tried it out and it is hosted by XM. The choices of music is outstanding and right now I am listening to Big Hair Metal. LOL.

Even on dial up, there is no interruption from the feed. Way cool.

Has anyone else on AOL tried this?
      Well....sounds like you need XM or AOL already in order to listen??
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
        Well....sounds like you need XM or AOL already in order to listen??
        Yep. I have been an AOL member for almost 8 years now. Never switched. Finally this helps justify the $25 a month.

I will NEVER listen to local radio again. I am so sick of it anyway. The variety here is amazing.

This Big Hair Metal is so awesome! So far I have heard the biggies:

Def Leppard
        Van Halen
        Whitesnake
        Poison
        Quiet Riot
        Etc...

But also hearing bands I forgot about:
        Stryper
        Twisted Sister (can't get bigger hair than that. LOL)
        White Lion
        LA Guns

About every 15 minutes or so there is a short commercial for about 20 seconds and then they proceed.

I am already hooked on this.

EDIT: Guns and Roses, Skid Row and Motley Crue last 3. The coolest thing is while the song is playing there is a little screen that states the artist, song title, album it's from with a picture of it. And there is a countdown timer of the song. There is also a link if you want to buy it.
        Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 11-14-2006, 10:24 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
          Yep. I have been an AOL member for almost 8 years now. Never switched. Finally this helps justify the $25 a month.

I will NEVER listen to local radio again. I am so sick of it anyway. The variety here is amazing.

This Big Hair Metal is so awesome! So far I have heard the biggies:

Def Leppard
          Van Halen
          Whitesnake
          Poison
          Quiet Riot
          Etc...

But also hearing bands I forgot about:
          Stryper
          Twisted Sister (can't get bigger hair than that. LOL)
          White Lion
          LA Guns

About every 15 minutes or so there is a short commercial for about 20 seconds and then they proceed.

I am already hooked on this.

EDIT: Guns and Roses, Skid Row and Motley Crue last 3. The coolest thing is while the song is playing there is a little screen that states the artist, song title, album it's from with a picture of it. And there is a countdown timer of the song.
          Thanks for the info! I don't have either, so I guess I can't listen.
          However, I had forgotten all about "Twisted Sister" and I always got a
          good laugh from them! I like the variety too....and I think you and I have talked before about the radio stations are boring us to death playing a small number of songs repeatedly.
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
            Thanks for the info! I don't have either, so I guess I can't listen.
            However, I had forgotten all about "Twisted Sister" and I always got a
            good laugh from them! I like the variety too....and I think you and I have talked before about the radio stations are boring us to death playing a small number of songs repeatedly.
            Yes we have talked about that and we are not alone.

I will probably listen to this station rest of the day and try another tomorrow. You can actually pick one specific band and listen to them only if you so choose. I was just scanning the menu.

The last few were Dokken, Kiss, Cinderella and Slaughter is on right now.

Local radio stations all over better watch out with stuff like this available.

You might try to see if you can access it. Go to AOL.com and they had this on the main page. I actually saw it before signing on. AOL is bragging about the stuff they have without being a member. Might be worth a shot.

Here come the Scorpions.

sigpic

Comment

Going XM80's today and I brought in some better speakers for my office.

But I have a cold hitting me hard right now and I am totally congested. The music is making my head want to explode so the volume is way down.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X