Riots break out in....AMES IOWA?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riots break out in....AMES IOWA?!!?

I got to see my first ever riot last night here in Ames because of the VIESHA celebration. This is not the first time it has happened here but my god...that was just crazy! I was in Campus Town for a bit then fled when I saw the first of the tear gas go off. I retreated to my apartment that overlooks the bar district and watched for about 3 hours. I could not believe how some of the police were acting, like masing innocent people just trying to get home. It turned ugly resulting in loads of broken windows, 10 tipped over kibos, light poles torn down, one street light post torn down, and our starting Center on the bball team arrested. Wow is all I got to say about that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117443,00.html
    BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Geesh
    I went to Ames Iowa before...Seemed a lot more peaceful than that! (Even for a college town)

Of course, it doesn't surprise me...I'm used to big ol' riots by now...Go Buffs!

Comment

I work at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines and we had quite a bit of business come our way from VEISHA.

I partied at VEISHA back in 93,94 and 95 before that guy from Fort Dodge killed that other kid.

Comment

After that guy was killed 7 years ago I figured VIESHA was on its last straw and I think Saturday night was it. Goodbye VIESHA
        BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCy
          After that guy was killed 7 years ago I figured VIESHA was on its last straw and I think Saturday night was it. Goodbye VIESHA
          That guy is from my home town of Fort Dodge.

My friend shawny almost killed him once.

Comment

Thats correct Dark Knight

Comment

Originally posted by shawny
              Thats correct Dark Knight
              Right you are Ken!

Just remember kids, if you are a punk, you will pay eventually.

So go to the mirror and look and see if your a punk. It shouldn't be too hard to tell. Look for a Limp Biskit T-Shirt and Tribal tattoos.

Comment

Working...
              X