Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Santa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Secret Santa

    I wanted to revive this again this year - we did it two years ago and it was really fun.....

    All I need from you is your willingness to participate

    Heres how it works

    Everyone who wants in has to PM me their mailing address by a specified date - like two weeks from now - I will then make a list of everyone who is participating and will have each person pick a number - the number they pick will correspond with another participant and that is who they have to buy for -

    This is only open to posters who have a good reputation with the boards (do to address reasons)

    There will be a set spending limit $15.00 - although its at your own discretion really (if you happen to be really good friends with the person you have to buy for you can spend what you like - we set a limit so no one feels obligated to spend alot) - there is no minimum you have to spend - homemade gifts are welcome as long as its not food -

    If anyone doesnt recieve a gift that bought a gift for another will be compensated (and the person who didnt buy that was supposed to will have to answer to me :hammer: )

    The time to get the gift to the person will be one week after the New Year (that way you can wait for the after xmas specials if you want

    Im only posting this in the LR and ABF cause thats mainly where the long time posters hang - too many in GD

    If anyone has any further suggestions or ideas or if I forgot something - please let me know ASAP -
    Last edited by orangenblue420; 11-21-2006, 10:21 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by orangenblue420
    I wanted to revive this again this year - we did it two years ago and it was really fun.....

    All I need from you is your willingness to participate

    Heres how it works

    Everyone who wants in has to PM me their mailing address by a specified date - like two weeks from now - I will then make a list of everyone who is participating and will have each person pick a number - the number they pick will correspond with another participant and that is who they have to buy for -

    This is only open to posters who have a good reputation with the boards (do to address reasons)

    There will be a set spending limit - although its at your own discretion really - there is no minmum you have to spend - homemade gifts are welcome as long as its not food -

    If anyone doesnt recieve a gift that bought a gift for another will be compensated (and the person who didnt buy that was supposed to will have to answer to me :hammer: )

    The time to get the gift to the person will be one week after the New Year (that way you can wait for the after xmas specials if you want

    Im only posting this in the LR and ABF cause thats mainly where the long time posters hang - too many in GD

    If anyone has any further suggestions or ideas or if I forgot something - please let me know ASAP -
    Sounds like a great idea. For us new to this, could you let us know now what the set spending limit will be. Also, once that is established, I think it would be a good idea when people pm you to indicate what they might like, or if they have hobbies, etc. or they could just put "surprise me".


    Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Denver Native
      Sounds like a great idea. For us new to this, could you let us know now what the set spending limit will be. Also, once that is established, I think it would be a good idea when people pm you to indicate what they might like, or if they have hobbies, etc. or they could just put "surprise me".

      I edited it to say $15.00 but if I get neg feedback I may change the amount and thats a good idea although dont PM me hat you want make a short list inside the thread that way your secret santa can check it out whenever

      Comment


      • #4
        How are the names distributed?


        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Denver Native
          How are the names distributed?
          Im a lil new at this so bear with me - im gonna have horsie help a lil cuz he did it the 1st year and it came out real good - I was planning on giving a number to each person who PM's me in the order they PM me - and from there Im not quite sure - i have to talk to horsie and get some help on that part -

          Comment


          • #6
            I think horsie just picked names out of a hat.

            "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

            Comment


            • #7
              Hmmmmmm. I want to do it.....but I might not have time.

              When are you going to stop taking entries?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                Hmmmmmm. I want to do it.....but I might not have time.

                When are you going to stop taking entries?

                In like two weeks - then that gives you a month to buy and ship the present - its really not that bad - it went real smooth when we did it last time - like i said I just need to get some input from horsie (if he ever gets his ass back here )

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                  I think horsie just picked names out of a hat.

                  so like i put everyones name in a hat then i pretend Im lets say you and pick out a name on your behalf and PM it to you?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by orangenblue420
                    so like i put everyones name in a hat then i pretend Im lets say you and pick out a name on your behalf and PM it to you?
                    If you are going to be in it though, you should make someone who isn't doing this draw for the thing.

                    In fact, thats what I will do if you would like. I'll take care of who gets who. Just send me a PM with everyone's info on it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                      Hmmmmmm. I want to do it.....but I might not have time.

                      When are you going to stop taking entries?
                      I think I may have found perfect gift for you Cinny

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                        If you are going to be in it though, you should make someone who isn't doing this draw for the thing.

                        In fact, thats what I will do if you would like. I'll take care of who gets who. Just send me a PM with everyone's info on it.

                        No I want you in it - I want as many people in as possible - it makes it better - i dont have to be in it cuz horise and joisey have to buy me a gift any ways

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by orangenblue420
                          No I want you in it - I want as many people in as possible - it makes it better - i dont have to be in it cuz horise and joisey have to buy me a gift any ways
                          I know! I'll be in it, but I'll have my roomie or bro do me!

                          So I can set that up if you would like, and you could be in it too!

                          And Jaws....

                          I don't like orange

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by orangenblue420
                            No I want you in it - I want as many people in as possible - it makes it better - i dont have to be in it cuz horise and joisey have to buy me a gift any ways
                            If you are going to go to all of the trouble, I think you should be in it also. Have someone in your family, a co-worker, etc. pick the names.


                            Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                            Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You want me to give my address to one of THESE crazy people? My HOME address? Are you out of your mind OB?







                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X