Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subaru Legacy, Infiniti G35x or Lexus IS250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator
    After getting down to LR and spending more time with the Lexus and Infiniti, one thing became clear and that was the IS250 was out.

Two reasons. First, it is cramped inside, and limited visibility. Second, the 2.5 liter engine is underpowered.

The G35 is real nice. I am not 100% sure about the dealership that is in the process of changing owners. It took nearly 30 minutes to find someone to help us. The place was deserted.

I think my wife has moved off here AWD requirement, which is fine since we live in Arkansas and she never drives in the snow during the rare times we get some. So, now the Lexus ES350 is in play. It isn't quite as sporty looking as the IS250/350, but it has a LOT more room inside. The Lexus perf leather seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever seen in a car.

Ya know tned, for any rough weather, you can always go out and buy an old used FWD pickup or something. I realize that also includes all the costs of another vehicle, but it's something to consider.

Only reason I bought a convertible in Colorado is because I have the pickup to drive when the weather calls for it, among other uses.

LOVE my car, but couldnt live without the truck.

Comment

I'm a Subaru guy so I have to say go with the Legacy...

I can only speak from past experiences that Subaru's stand the test of time and they are tough.
      If your leaning toward luxury, might want to go with the other 2 options though.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
        Ya know tned, for any rough weather, you can always go out and buy an old used FWD pickup or something. I realize that also includes all the costs of another vehicle, but it's something to consider.
        Well, currently both of our cars are AWD, she has a Subaru WRX and I have a Subaru Forester XT. So, even if she goes with a front wheel drive car or rear wheel drive, we will still have and AWD vehicle. She won't drive in the stuff anyway, so in those very, very rare occaissons that we get unexpected snow or ice in Arkansas, she is abandoning her car and waiting for me to come get her anyway.

The AWD also adds a little protection in heavy rain, which is very common in Arkansas, and is handy when traveling and winding up in an unexpected snow storm. As it will be the more comfortable of our cars, we would likely take it on most driving trips.

Originally posted by Reidman
        I'm a Subaru guy so I have to say go with the Legacy...

I can only speak from past experiences that Subaru's stand the test of time and they are tough.
        If your leaning toward luxury, might want to go with the other 2 options though.
        We are both big Subaru fans, and as you can see from what I just posted above, we currently own two of them. She is torn, because she likes her Subaru, they rate out very good in all the crash tests, and have been reliable. However, she is also ready to go from something sporty ('02 WRX - first year they sold them here) to something that is more of a luxury ticket.

On the downside, I had almost talked her into letting me get Bronco season tickets (club seats) and then fly to Denver for 3-4 gams + playoffs each year, but that Lexus is going to cost about the same as 2 club seat season tickets per month, so it looks like she will now be driving my club seats and I will have to put that plan off for a little while.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Don't think I ever updated my pursuit for an over priced car for my wife. She has decided on a Lexus ES 350 with the Ultra Luxuray package (I cringe at the thought of what this is costing, and that I could have easily had my Club Level season tickets for a fraction of this).

It should be at the dealership the week between Christmas and New Years.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Bummer about the Club seats!

But she will like the ES. As I said, my dad has one, and he is very happy with it.

Just be happy she didnt want an LS! There would have gone your BOX seats!

Comment

Bummer about the Club seats!

But she will like the ES. As I said, my dad has one, and he is very happy with it.

Just be happy she didnt want an LS! There would have gone your BOX seats!

Yea, my father drove his new LS460L to Thanksgiving dinner, which lead her on the path to checking out Lexus. lol

I still have the offseason to see about still going for the club seats..

I wrestle with whether or not it really makes sense, since I don't see myself being able to make more than 4 games a year, possibly three. As I have to fly in from Arkansas.

sigpic

Comment

Yea, my father drove his new LS460L to Thanksgiving dinner, which lead her on the path to checking out Lexus. lol

I still have the offseason to see about still going for the club seats..

I wrestle with whether or not it really makes sense, since I don't see myself being able to make more than 4 games a year, possibly three. As I have to fly in from Arkansas.

Go for the lower bowl! Not to knock my seats, but they are way overpriced, and just dont give you 4 times the value.

Trust me on this.............

Comment

Go for the lower bowl! Not to knock my seats, but they are way overpriced, and just dont give you 4 times the value.

Trust me on this.............
                  Except you can't puchase season tickets outside of the club levels right now, correct? I thought everything other than the club level had a very long waiting list.

sigpic

Comment

I'd go with an all black G35. I did hear it's a little cramp in the back seat especially if your tall like me. But other then that I would go with the G35
                    Last edited by hilife; 12-19-2006, 08:45 AM.
                    President Cool

Comment

I take that back if you want real sport/luxury you go with the ultimate driving vechile. BMW. 3 series

5 series
                      Last edited by hilife; 12-19-2006, 08:44 AM.
                      President Cool

Comment

I have a 05 G35 coupe......love driving it. I test drove the 06 sedan, I really like the looks now and the interrior. Service has been great too. No problem getting a loaner from my dealer.

Question though.....leasing or buying?

The ES is ok....if it's anything like the 04 ES then it drives like a boat. I Really Really like the GS though. Always loved the way it looks even from back in the days.

Subaru....never been too hot on those cars. I'd only get a Subaru to fix up and race since there really is no luxary to them and they upgrade well.

My ranking - GS > G35 > Subaru
                        sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
                          I take that back if you want real sport/luxury you go with the ultimate driving vechile. BMW. 3 series

5 series

Consider a BMW if you can spend tons of time at a service dept.

I have friends that work for BMW service centers. Their advice "Don't buy a Beemer."
                          sigpic

Comment

Except you can't puchase season tickets outside of the club levels right now, correct? I thought everything other than the club level had a very long waiting list.

Yup! Thats very true. But I think even the Club sold out this year. Though I got something in the mail telling me that.

:doh: Totally forgot about the wait list. But you can almost always find them in the paper!

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
                              Consider a BMW if you can spend tons of time at a service dept.

I have friends that work for BMW service centers. Their advice "Don't buy a Beemer."
                              Really!?!? is it that bad? I always thought they were well built cars. You know German Enginneering.......Please tell me your lieing. I was always looking to get a 5 series BMW as my dream car. Please, don't crush my dreams.
                              Last edited by hilife; 12-19-2006, 12:38 PM.
                              President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by hilife
                                Really!?!? is it that bad? I always thought they were well built cars. You know German Enginneering.......Please tell me your lieing. I was always looking to get a 5 series BMW as my dream car. Please, don't crush my dreams.

Doh...Uhh...they look freaking sweet and the interrior is the best in it's class. Does that help?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X